• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2018 "The information entered is not valid"

Hi Guys

I tried to check the status of my DV-2018 application today I carefully entered the info and I keep getting the same error message. It is like my application was lost
and never went through. I re-checked everything 10 times to make sure I'm not entering anything wrong, but the same error message keeps popping up.
I printed the confirmation paper when I applied with all the data on it, so I know that I applied properly, I have the confirmation paper right next to me.

This is the error message I'm getting:

Warning: The information entered is not valid.
Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Is there anything I can do from this point on? Anyone I can contact regarding this issue?

thank you
Hey Ahmad,
I'm having the same problem... Tried my entry, and my Wife's... no luck. Tried different browsers, still nothing. I get the same error message you do.
Anyone else having this problem?

isnt true at all Ive read a guy who checked 10 times and finally get selected
I have 2 of my family getting error also, i wish your true! Very much big wish! But am telling you what i've been reading! Its not my opinion , what i read i told you guys! Lets hope its not true

I have 2 of my family getting error also, i wish your true! Very much big wish! But am telling you what i've been reading! Its not my opinion , what i read i told you guys! Lets hope its not true

I know, but if the other guy tell us that some1 win, and got the errors too, its a hope!

GOT THIS IN INTERNET SOMEWHERE

#2. IF #1 DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU, THAT READ INFO BELOW:
Why my Conformation Number is not accepted by Lottery Department for the Wining Status Check? If you have given us the correct Conformation Number, you have received during the registration process, then the most likely the reason why Official Lottery Winning Department rejects your Conformation Number is because your Application was rejected during validation process, after you have entered your USA-Green-Card Lottery application and received the Conformation Number.

This is common issue many people have, because they are making mistakes during submission process, which cannot be discovered by Lottery Department website, but was uncovered during human verification process by officers of Lottery Department. The Lottery Department website can only see obvious mistakes, for example for the photo it can verify File Size, Dimensions and Color Bits, but it cannot see other properties and requirement for the photo such as: position of you head, background, quality of the image and so on.

There are many other mistakes customer making, when they are submitting application by themselves. In addition to the submitting incorrect photo, they can mess up with Country of Eligibility, Date of Birth due to US Sate Standard difference, Country of Originality, Country of nationality, Country Where you live today and so on. Sometime customer confused with Country of Eligibility and Country of Citizenship or Country of Living, there are so many mistake people making during the submission process, when they are filing application by themselves, instead of giving it to the professionals.

Total BS.
Not only is there no human verification at this stage of the process, but the overwhelming majority of mistakes on entries are made by so called professional agents, rather than people who enter themselves.

Having the same problem i have been checking for more than necessary but keeps getting the same error message dont know what to do next i kept patience since yesterday but still waitng......... hmmmm

I have finally decided to check my numbers.
I have three of them from family members and I am just getting this over and over for all three numbers:

The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Do I contact them or what?? I don't know what to do

I have three of them from family members and I am just getting this over and over for all three numbers:

No wait it doesnt nean they are selected, i think its some techincal problem 99% they are not selected

I have applied 4 years in a row and I have NEVER gotten this message which is why I am having a mini panic attack. It's showing the same error for all three numbers.

And KCC..

Exactly - contact who????