• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2018 "The information entered is not valid"

m87yyy

Hi all,

I signed up for DV-2018 back on October 2016 and my entry was received successfully. I was checking my status a few minutes ago and I got this: "The information entered is not valid". Back when I was signing up for DV-2018 I even electronically printed the "Entrant Information" + "Entry Received" in two separate pdf files. So I copied/pasted my confirmation number to check my status and I got nothing, I also tried "Forget Confirmation Number" option and ended up with the same error message. This is my third year in row applying for the DV; obviously the first two years of DV-2016/DV-2017 I was not selected. The photograph uploaded in DV-2018 was used in DS-160 B visa issued in 2015 + DV-2017 so it is correct. What do think guys is happening?

The same issue here. It keeps giving me that error. It has to do with their database. I couldn't find a way to contact them in their website. Maybe we have to check again later.

hi guys, I'm from Sri Lanka. I entered the details correctly to check weather I have selected or not but the results say "Information: Information entered is not valid",then I tried to recover the confirmation code by giving forgot confirmation but still the result is same. Please advise me to what to do now.

I too have the same issue...i did a mistake though ...i used the same photograph used in 2017...and they clearly say photograph should be taken within 6 months...is it due to photograph or else

[QUOTE="Britsimon, post: 2456243, member: 10"
Thank you so much simon for the prompt reply. please do update us when the error is over.

I too have the same issue...i did a mistake though ...i used the same photograph used in 2017...and they clearly say photograph should be taken within 6 months...is it due to photograph or else

The displayed message has nothing to do with the picture used.

GOT THIS IN INTERNET SOMEWHERE

#2. IF #1 DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU, THAT READ INFO BELOW:
Why my Conformation Number is not accepted by Lottery Department for the Wining Status Check? If you have given us the correct Conformation Number, you have received during the registration process, then the most likely the reason why Official Lottery Winning Department rejects your Conformation Number is because your Application was rejected during validation process, after you have entered your USA-Green-Card Lottery application and received the Conformation Number.

This is common issue many people have, because they are making mistakes during submission process, which cannot be discovered by Lottery Department website, but was uncovered during human verification process by officers of Lottery Department. The Lottery Department website can only see obvious mistakes, for example for the photo it can verify File Size, Dimensions and Color Bits, but it cannot see other properties and requirement for the photo such as: position of you head, background, quality of the image and so on.

There are many other mistakes customer making, when they are submitting application by themselves. In addition to the submitting incorrect photo, they can mess up with Country of Eligibility, Date of Birth due to US Sate Standard difference, Country of Originality, Country of nationality, Country Where you live today and so on. Sometime customer confused with Country of Eligibility and Country of Citizenship or Country of Living, there are so many mistake people making during the submission process, when they are filing application by themselves, instead of giving it to the professionals.

Why my Conformation Number is not accepted by Lottery Department for the Wining Status Check? If you have given us the correct Conformation Number, you have received during the registration process, then the most likely the reason why Official Lottery Winning Department rejects your Conformation Number is because your Application was rejected during validation process, after you have entered your USA-Green-Card Lottery application and received the Conformation Number.

This is common issue many people have, because they are making mistakes during submission process, which cannot be discovered by Lottery Department website, but was uncovered during human verification process by officers of Lottery Department. The Lottery Department website can only see obvious mistakes, for example for the photo it can verify File Size, Dimensions and Color Bits, but it cannot see other properties and requirement for the photo such as: position of you head, background, quality of the image and so on.

There are many other mistakes customer making, when they are submitting application by themselves. In addition to the submitting incorrect photo, they can mess up with Country of Eligibility, Date of Birth due to US Sate Standard difference, Country of Originality, Country of nationality, Country Where you live today and so on. Sometime customer confused with Country of Eligibility and Country of Citizenship or Country of Living, there are so many mistake people making during the submission process, when they are filing application by themselves, instead of giving it to the professionals.

That is utter nonsense.

This is not true.
This is just a website that wants you to file with them so they can charge you.
You do not need a professional to fill the application for you. And what's a "professional" for that matter anyway ?
Concerning the confirmation number, I guess it's a typo error when people are trying to check their case like zero instead of O, etc...
Any error in the submission will lead to a disqualification thus "not selected"message. Nothing like a rejection of application

I have 3 applications for my family members but three of them say "the information entered is not valid". Its not my first time, I have filled up the form since 2003 :) I know I did right :(

Hi Guys

I tried to check the status of my DV-2018 application today I carefully entered the info and I keep getting the same error message. It is like my application was lost
and never went through. I re-checked everything 10 times to make sure I'm not entering anything wrong, but the same error message keeps popping up.
I printed the confirmation paper when I applied with all the data on it, so I know that I applied properly, I have the confirmation paper right next to me.

This is the error message I'm getting:

Warning: The information entered is not valid.
Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Is there anything I can do from this point on? Anyone I can contact regarding this issue?

thank you