• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Starts Today

You cannot reapply and you cannot cancel. The mistake has been made. If you are selected, submit the DS260 with the correct information and hope that that the Consular Officer does not make a big deal out of it.

How's everything Emily? Hope you are doing fine :)

Did someone registered successfully using Google Chrome browser with Adblock extension enabled? I had problem with this (forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-site-issue-no-confirmation-number.318133/#post-2444391)
I hope I didn't register twice when I did a second try in Internet Explorer

Did someone registered successfully using Google Chrome browser with Adblock extension enabled? I had problem with this (forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-site-issue-no-confirmation-number.318133/#post-2444391)
I hope I didn't register twice when I did a second try in Internet Explorer
I did register using Chrome with adblock on but i did recieve the confirmation code. . . i registered 1 min after the dv lottery was oppened

I did register using Chrome with adblock on but i did recieve the confirmation code. . . i registered 1 min after the dv lottery was oppened
thank you for your reply, I hope it just didn't work for me for the first time then, and I didn't registered twice
I also spend many time for filling out data (1 hour I guess), mb it because of it nothing was submit anything

Hi everyone, I m a Dv lottery winner 2017 but I am not proceeding because I did not enter my step children in my original entry, have asked them for photos to be able to try again this year, but they do not want to because two of my step children are still in the US and I have no idea where they are staying at I found them on facebook and have asked for photos but they do not want to give me any photos , in that case, what should I do then? as it is a must to list all children including step children..

Hi everyone, I m a Dv lottery winner 2017 but I am not proceeding because I did not enter my step children in my original entry, have asked them for photos to be able to try again this year, but they do not want to because two of my step children are still in the US and I have no idea where they are staying at I found them on facebook and have asked for photos but they do not want to give me any photos , in that case, what should I do then? as it is a must to list all children including step children..

Assuming your stepchildren are under 21, yes they need to be on your entry. Unfortunately if they won't give you photos there's not much you can do about it. Leaving them off the entry would lead to disqualification if selected, as you seem to know already :(

Hey!

We are great. It's been 8 months since we started living our American dream and it's been everything we had hoped for. I got promoted at work, the kids are settling in well and we are making friends.

Its great to know that everything is going well for you and your family. I'm trying again one more time and hoping that luck is on my side on this year DV Lottery :)

Hey all! I'm currently in the US on a F1 Visa for grad school. I took pictures in July for the application for my visa and was approved. I still have the digital photos so my question is if I can use the same photo in the DV lottery application. I know it says the pictures shouldn't be more than 6 months old but just wanted to be certain if I can use these or should I retake photos?

Hey all! I'm currently in the US on a F1 Visa for grad school. I took pictures in July for the application for my visa and was approved. I still have the digital photos so my question is if I can use the same photo in the DV lottery application. I know it says the pictures shouldn't be more than 6 months old but just wanted to be certain if I can use these or should I retake photos?

It falls under the 6 month margin so I would say it should be fine, unless of course there is a big difference in your appearance now (lost a lot of weight etc).

Also make sure they adhere to the guidelines (You can refer to the photo specification page on the DV-2018 document).

All the very best to you.

Just submitted my entry. The first time I hit submit, I received no confirmation number. I tried again a few minutes later and received a number. I sure hope I have not entered twice. It seems to me that many people have been having this issue. It really astounds me at how shit the US government is at building websites. The number of issues that the DV lottery has had over the years is too damn high. A good way to solve this issue, and to stop people from losing confirmation numbers, would be to send applicants an email confirmation after a successful application.

Last edited:
Just submitted my entry. The first time I hit submit, I received no confirmation number. I tried again a few minutes later and received a number. I sure hope I have not entered twice. It seems to me that many people have been having this issue. It really astounds me at how shit the US government is at building websites. The number of issues that the DV lottery has had over the years is too damn high. A good way to solve this issue, and to stop people from losing confirmation numbers, would be to send applicants an email confirmation after a successful application.

I understand that the online application can have some problems now and then, but keep in mind that the application is free with no cost :). This program wont last forever and we need work with its ups and downs :)