• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Starts Today

Pierre82

Hi all,

I just wanted to wish best of luck to every applying for DV 2018. This is my third time applying and hoping to get good news on May 2017. Please take your time when filling out the form, be honest and keep your confirmation number. The application window will close on November 7, 2016

My wife and I just entered separately - the system was very fast and stable!
I submitted from Australia, it was 2am at the time the lottery opened (i.e. half an hour ago) and I actually expected a rather sluggish site for all the early buzz, lol.

Good luck everyone and if there is anything I can suggest, it would be:
Be patient! :rolleyes:

My wife and I just entered separately - the system was very fast and stable!
I submitted from Australia, it was 2am at the time the lottery opened (i.e. half an hour ago) and I actually expected a rather sluggish site for all the early buzz, lol.

Good luck everyone and if there is anything I can suggest, it would be:
Be patient! :rolleyes:

Best of luck for you this year. Is this your first time? I haven't entered my application yet.

Best of luck for you this year. Is this your first time? I haven't entered my application yet.
Nope. Entered a few times and were lucky once before, as my wife was in fact selected but we were unable to attend the interview in the end - long story. So now we are hoping for a second chance.

Thanks for the wishes and best of luck to each and every one of you. I finished applying about 10-15 mins back. Usually end up doing so about a week from the deadline so wanted to do things a bit differently this time. I have applied 3-4 times in the past but something tells me this will be the year I finally get it. :)

Nope. Entered a few times and were lucky once before, as my wife was in fact selected but we were unable to attend the interview in the end - long story. So now we are hoping for a second chance.

Lets hope the luck knock on your door once again. I can imagine that feeling of getting the notice of selection

Thanks for the wishes and best of luck to each and every one of you. I finished applying about 10-15 mins back. Usually end up doing so about a week from the deadline so wanted to do things a bit differently this time. I have applied 3-4 times in the past but something tells me this will be the year I finally get it. :)

Looks like system is working very well this year. I hope the luck is on your side this year.

I wish good luck to everyone, please be careful when filling the form. I've just learned today that country of elegibility is not the same as country of residence. I was making this mistake for years. I almost made it today but fixed in in a last moment possible.

I have a question. I made a mistake in my wife's name. I wrote "Lana" instead of full "Svetlana". When she submitted her own application she used correct version. Do you think we are going to be disqualified for this?

I wish good luck to everyone, please be careful when filling the form. I've just learned today that country of elegibility is not the same as country of residence. I was making this mistake for years. I almost made it today but fixed in in a last moment possible.

I have a question. I made a mistake in my wife's name. I wrote "Lana" instead of full "Svetlana". When she submitted her own application she used correct version. Do you think we are going to be disqualified for this?

Most embassies won't disqualify for the name issue.

Good luck for you in this year lottery Mike.

I wish good luck to everyone, please be careful when filling the form. I've just learned today that country of elegibility is not the same as country of residence. I was making this mistake for years. s?

Please everyone, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - properly, before you fill in the form - to avoid these kind of disqualifying mistakes.

being winning the lottery in 2017 and I still await the day of my interview, is what made to enroll in the lottery in 2018 will cause me a problem somewhere?