1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by dilemma87, May 4, 2017.

  1. Whypie

    Whypie New Member

    Hi Jerom

    You can ask the KCC to unlock your DS-260 if you haven't been scheduled for an interview. @Britsimon has a guide on how to do that in the FAQs on his website.

    Information about the interview will be published on your 2NL, which the KCC will email you about. You retrieve it from the same place you checked to see if you've been selected.
  2. dilemma87

    dilemma87 New Member

    I wasn't sure where to post this, but figured the OC thread might be a good place.

    I saw this article tonight on an Australian news website and found it interesting. I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet, as my case number is quite high and I don't want to jeopardise my chances of travelling to the USA in the future if my case number doesn't become current. Also, sadly does make me reconsider following through on my DV 2018 selection as I don't know what's going to happen next under the Trump administration...

  3. Britsimon

    Britsimon Super Moderator

    So the stories are
    1. Someone who visited Iran and was surprised they were questioned.
    2. A J1 visa holder who travelled without the required paperwork.
    3. A person who had spent more time in the USA than out of the USA on a B1/B2 and had also tried to get a working visa.

    Frankly I would be surprised if those cases were NOT actively questioned.
  4. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    Yeah. You wanna see some really scary border stuff you should watch that program about Border Security in Australia.....

    Also, dilemma, emigration should be a long term decision. If you're basing decisions to live somewhere on who the current president is (in a democracy with regular free and fair presidential elections) perhaps you ought to be reconsidering your reasons for moving?
  5. RickOC

    RickOC New Member

    I just got offered a job in the USA. As OC14xx I won't get my interview until may or June. Should I look at an E3 for now?

    My wife and kids won't travel to USA until next year when we get the green card sorted.
  6. Britsimon

    Britsimon Super Moderator

    I would say your interview would be later than June. More like July/August/September

    Seems like that is a question for you and the employer.

    However, you might have a slightly more difficult time with an E3 petition if you have submitted your DS260 for the DV win (and thereby shown immigrant intent).
  7. FlyingDonkey

    FlyingDonkey New Member

    Hi All,

    Quick question about DS260 and derivatives.

    My wife and I were selected in dv2018 and we are both Australian citizens, we currently live and work in the US (on E3 for 3 years) and just this year had our first child who is a US citizen.

    When filling out the DS260, we didn't add her as a derivative as we assumed she doesn't need a GC, but on the forms when it asks about children and if they will be immigrating with us we selected yes.

    Is that correct? Or should we have put no there too, or alternatively should we have added her with her own form?

    We will be doing CP (number is OC11xx), so hoping for an April/May interview, but will be interesting to see the CB progression this year!

  8. FlyingDonkey

    FlyingDonkey New Member

    Sorry meant VB progression, not CB.

    Another question to add, we are heading back to Australia in January (trip already planned), would it be advisable to organize the medicals for then so we wont have any delays later in the year? I am assuming the medicals are valid for 12 months, but pease correct me if wrong.

  9. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    The child is already a USC, so she can't be immigrating with you. The response to that question should be 'No'
  10. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    You do the medical after receiving your 2NL.
  11. AppleBound

    AppleBound New Member

    Based on our experience this year were unable to book the medical until we received the 2NL & needed to send a copy of it along with some personal details when making the medical appointment. We also needed to show the 2NL on the day. This was in Melbourne but given there are a limited number of authorised doctors able to do the medical (typically 1 or 2 in each state) I assume the process will be similar. The medical is typically valid for 6 months in normal circumstances
  12. FlyingDonkey

    FlyingDonkey New Member

    Thanks Sm1smom and AppleBound, a great help.

    I will have to wait for our medicals until we return later in the year.

    I also called KCC to unlock our application to update the immigration question to no, but they said it wouldn't matter so said no need to update...thoughts? Is that something they would really pick up and reject the application? It didn't trigger the addition of another ds260 for our child so the KCC agent wasn't worried
  13. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    The CO will not pick on or deny your petition for that.
  14. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    The rules for entry say you don't need to include a US citizen child but won't be penalized for doing so - I'd presume the same logic follows throughout the process.
  15. FlyingDonkey

    FlyingDonkey New Member

    Thanks for confirmation! I would hate for the petition to be denied for something like that
  16. wax

    wax New Member

    Hi everyone

    thank you for all the information in this thread and the website britsimon has put up on line. lots of similar questions being asked and answered.

    Will summarise my situation quickly
    I have just got married to my partner of 10 years last weekend. woohoo!! My now wife had been selected when we were engaged. We have not filled out our her DS260 forms yet as we do not want to make any mistakes when adding myself as a partner.

    I think i know the answer to the question but does my wife need to change all her names in all documents to my last name now that she will take it, for US purposes.
    Passport, drivers licence and formally changing it in Australia with the marriages births and deaths registrar even though in Australia you do not need to do so when getting married?
    Its only then when we have all these supporting documents in hand then we should fill out the DS260? Is there anything else we need to consider too? Im also assuming we are well within the cutoff time to submit if we do it by the end of october?

    Thank you for all your help !!!
  17. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    Many women in the US retain their maiden names but if your wife wants to take yours then yes the documents need to be official, and it's probably easier to do it before the interview than after you've moved to the US. You wouldn't need to change everything in Aus, as long as her passport is in her married name that will be enough for the green card process. (I know Aus has this weird thing that you change your birth certificate too, if you need to do that for the passport change then I guess that too.)
    I do know women who have one last name legally but use their husband's "socially" - if this is potentially another option for you.
  18. coogee_

    coogee_ New Member

    Just an update that I have my interview scheduled for mid-November (with a 03xx case number). I have sent off for my police check here (and in the UK, where I lived for a while), have booked my medical, and am rounding up all my other essentials. Am a bit nervous but feeling much more relaxed after reading all the info and interview stories on this forum! :)
    WildYak likes this.
  19. WildYak

    WildYak New Member

    Hi Everyone,
    I am just having a bit of trouble with the Reciprocity by Country page. I need to get a police certificate for Canada, not just for Australia, and I am trying to find out exactly which type of Canadian police certificate is needed. However, under "Visa Classification" on the webpage, there is no "DV". Also, when hovering the mouse over "Visa Classification", the pop up info refers to non-immigrant visas. Does anyone know how to search for type of police certificates needed for immigrant/DV cases?

    Also, I have scheduled my medical for the day before my interview (on suggestion of the medical centre), because there are no approved physicians in my city. Basically it saves me a flight interstate for the medical. I am fully expecting the review of my case at the consulate to take longer because of this. Aside from that, is there any other reason I should try and schedule the medical to have the results/report in time for the interview?

    Cheers and thanks everyone.
  20. Britsimon

    Britsimon Super Moderator

    Forget the visa classifications. Just scroll down to police, court, prison records and follow the instructions.

    No issue on the medical other than the delay you already know about.
    Dames likes this.

Share This Page