• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Hello, I am a 2018 OC selectee. Early this year though I booked in a holiday to the US for in July (holiday travel via the visa waiver program). I'm concerned that if I go ahead and submit a DS-260 there is a slight chance this could cause issues on arrival in the US for my holiday. So my question is - do you agree that it would be sensible to not submit the form until after I arrive back home? Earliest I could submit would therefore be late July. I have no problem at all if there is a delayed interview, I just didn't want to wait if what I am worried about is actually not a risk. Thanks very much.

Hello, I am a 2018 OC selectee. Early this year though I booked in a holiday to the US for in July (holiday travel via the visa waiver program). I'm concerned that if I go ahead and submit a DS-260 there is a slight chance this could cause issues on arrival in the US for my holiday. So my question is - do you agree that it would be sensible to not submit the form until after I arrive back home? Earliest I could submit would therefore be late July. I have no problem at all if there is a delayed interview, I just didn't want to wait if what I am worried about is actually not a risk. Thanks very much.

There is no risk to delaying submission until July or august, so do that.

I have OC14XX so anticipate interview May 2018. I have submitted the DS260.

I have been offered a job in the US starting Sept / Oct this year and am keen to take it on an E3 visa.

We will still process the DV interview in Sydney (return for vacation).

Does anyone have any advice or tips on making sure this all goes smoothly in terms of getting the E3 first. Do we need to disclose the DV application?

Yes you will have to disclose the DV. By submitting the DS260, you've indicated formally that you have intent to immigrate.

I have OC14XX so anticipate interview May 2018. I have submitted the DS260.

I have been offered a job in the US starting Sept / Oct this year and am keen to take it on an E3 visa.

We will still process the DV interview in Sydney (return for vacation).

Does anyone have any advice or tips on making sure this all goes smoothly in terms of getting the E3 first. Do we need to disclose the DV application?

Hi @RickOC, as a former two-time E3 holder and OC14XX person:

- Expect your DV interview in September 2018, definitely not May. (And possibly no interview.) Hopefully I'm wrong and there's alot of hi-fives in the forum, just being realistic.
- You will need a long holiday since you'll need a medical, do interview, wait for your passport to return.
- With a september interview you can't make any mistakes. AP is almost a rejection.
- My E3 interview took 30 seconds +- 10 seconds. I just talked confidently about my job. Hopefully your company organises all the paperwork and makes it easy.

Argh I'm so devestated I'm such a high OC my whole dream. Does anyone know of many people who have been selected for further processing a few times after having a high number and not getting an interview I'm gonna reapply in November ?

Also I know this isn't about he dv green card but I've got a year left off nursing degree and saw that that you can get a green card as a nurse if sponsored anyone know much about this ?

Argh I'm so devestated I'm such a high OC my whole dream. Does anyone know of many people who have been selected for further processing a few times after having a high number and not getting an interview I'm gonna reapply in November ?

Also I know this isn't about he dv green card but I've got a year left off nursing degree and saw that that you can get a green card as a nurse if sponsored anyone know much about this ?

OC people here have been lucky enough to get reselected after a too high number one year.

And someone on my home country forum recently got a green card through the nursing avenue. I thought it sounded like a scam at first but it's totally legit. She went through an agency that matches nurses with hospitals etc.

Hey folks,

OC5xx selectee here. Enjoyed reading the forum the past few weeks, it's a treasure trove.

Have a couple questions..

1. To interview June/July 2018 with my case number, when would be a reasonable time to submit my DS260?

2. If a case goes into AP, does this mean the selectee has until the end of that DV fiscal year to have it resolved before their case expires? i.e. I assume DV-2018 cases in AP that are unresolved after September 2018 are automatically closed/rejected?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey folks,

OC5xx selectee here. Enjoyed reading the forum the past few weeks, it's a treasure trove.

Have a couple questions..

1. To interview June/July 2018 with my case number, when would be a reasonable time to submit my DS260?

2. If a case goes into AP, does this mean the selectee has until the end of that DV fiscal year to have it resolved before their case expires? i.e. I assume DV-2018 cases in AP that are unresolved after September 2018 are automatically closed/rejected?

Thanks!

1. March 2018.
2. Yes - AP not resolved after Sept 30 means end of the line.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm slightly embarrassed (but thrilled) to admit that I won the lottery this year on my first attempt. Beginner's luck! Case number 2018OC9xx, so I am hoping that I get to the interview stage.

No questions right now. I just wanted to touch base with fellow DV-ers. I haven't yet told anybody about the win (except my parents), so it doesn't quite feel real yet! I'm alternating between being ridiculously excited, and nauseatingly nervous. But having browsed through the forums it seems that this is a pretty common response.

Thank you to all of the helpful moderators and other contributors! A lot of the queries I might have had, have already been covered in detail. Legends, all.

Lucy, I was a 9XX myself. You're looking at an March/April/May interview time, based on previous years.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great week! I have a question regarding bank accounts/credit cards etc when actually moving to the US. I have an online business where I sell products on Amazon US. I've been doing this for the past few years. Initially, to be able to receive my payments from Amazon I was required to have a US bank account. And normally, you have to be a resident to open a US account, obviously. So, using a company called Payoneer, they provided me with a US bank account which has a Mastercard debit card attached to it where I can access the money I make from Amazon. Does anyone have any idea whether this could be used to go towards giving me a credit rating?? Or as it's not a real credit card, it has no weight?

They set me up with a checking account with First Century Bank back in 2013.

Thanks guys!

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great week! I have a question regarding bank accounts/credit cards etc when actually moving to the US. I have an online business where I sell products on Amazon US. I've been doing this for the past few years. Initially, to be able to receive my payments from Amazon I was required to have a US bank account. And normally, you have to be a resident to open a US account, obviously. So, using a company called Payoneer, they provided me with a US bank account which has a Mastercard debit card attached to it where I can access the money I make from Amazon. Does anyone have any idea whether this could be used to go towards giving me a credit rating?? Or as it's not a real credit card, it has no weight?

They set me up with a checking account with First Century Bank back in 2013.

Thanks guys!

A debit card isn't a credit card, so no credit record.

Oh thank you !!! Does give me hope
Praying for a super low number next time

Looking forward to seeing the amount of people selected overall just as an idea for this year

Oh thank you !!! Does give me hope
Praying for a super low number next time

Looking forward to seeing the amount of people selected overall just as an idea for this year

For OC, I think the number of selectees is slightly higher than 3500.

huge number then heres hoping to getting reselected next year.

If I already have an existing visa waiver still valid to feb2018 but have now submitted and go to the us on holiday would you know if I need to tell anyone or update my visa waiver ?