• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hello

14xx here. After reading around for a while I'm feeling pretty good about my chances but not 100%.

I used to live in the USA on an E3 visa so I have bank accounts and credit cards and everything ready to go.

It's going to be a looong year. I'll be haunting this forum I guess.

I'm at 15xx, through my wife. I'm obviously not certain, but am decently sure of an interview around August next year. Till then, we're saving, applying for Citibank credit cards and getting things moving towards an eventual co-op purchase in NY. (And I thought Sydney RE was painful.) Residency has major real estate benefits :)

Gotta say, I'm hanging out for this month's Visa bulletin, since it'll cement or dislodge my hopes.

I'm at 15xx, through my wife. I'm obviously not certain, but am decently sure of an interview around August next year. Till then, we're saving, applying for Citibank credit cards and getting things moving towards an eventual co-op purchase in NY. (And I thought Sydney RE was painful.) Residency has major real estate benefits :)

Gotta say, I'm hanging out for this month's Visa bulletin, since it'll cement or dislodge my hopes.

Good luck for next year. The citibak credit cards is a good idea. You should also check out a citibank bank account for similar reasons. I believe you can do currency transfers within related Citibak accounts and that might make the move easier. DV2015OC15XX is a good number - so it will be worthwhile.

I'd like to recommend getting an American Express card now too.

When I moved to Canada the bank gave me a $500 limit and AMEX global transfer gave me a $11,000 limit. You need a card with at least 3k+ to buy plane tickets and book hotels and rental cars.

DV2015OC4XX here. After being selected last year with a very high number (29XX), it was a relief to get such a low case number the following year! For all those with higher or more 'uncertain' case numbers, it always pays to re-enter.

Hi Everyone,

Dv2015OC6X here. Wil be good to tracks everyones progress. Very happy with my low number and am assuming Ill have an interview in October. Main concern now is to try and choose between NYC, LA or Chicago, pending my inteview of course.

Hi Everyone,

Dv2015OC6X here. Wil be good to tracks everyones progress. Very happy with my low number and am assuming Ill have an interview in October. Main concern now is to try and choose between NYC, LA or Chicago, pending my inteview of course.

Awesome numver. October for sure!

Good luck for next year. The citibak credit cards is a good idea. You should also check out a citibank bank account for similar reasons. I believe you can do currency transfers within related Citibak accounts and that might make the move easier. DV2015OC15XX is a good number - so it will be worthwhile.
Thanks, looking into it. Pays to start putting away US currency now!

Hi all!

Loving the new forum layout!

DV 2014 AND DV2015 winner here! Against the odds, my husband was selected last year AND this year (his first and second time applying respectively). Our number last year was DV2014OC0023XX, and our number for next year is DV2015OC0016XX, so we're very hopeful of being selected next year. Although there's still a tiny part of me that's holding out hope for this year still!

After filling out the PDF form last year, it looks like this year's DV-260 is all online. The section of the form that's tripping me up is the "Mailing and Permanent Addresses" section. Unlike on the PDF last year, this year the form WON'T let you continue to the next page until you put in a US address! I'm considering putting a PO Box that I have over there as my address, but while I know we can change it later, I'm still worried about putting down an address that isn't residential. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Hi all!

Loving the new forum layout!

DV 2014 AND DV2015 winner here! Against the odds, my husband was selected last year AND this year (his first and second time applying respectively). Our number last year was DV2014OC0023XX, and our number for next year is DV2015OC0016XX, so we're very hopeful of being selected next year. Although there's still a tiny part of me that's holding out hope for this year still!

After filling out the PDF form last year, it looks like this year's DV-260 is all online. The section of the form that's tripping me up is the "Mailing and Permanent Addresses" section. Unlike on the PDF last year, this year the form WON'T let you continue to the next page until you put in a US address! I'm considering putting a PO Box that I have over there as my address, but while I know we can change it later, I'm still worried about putting down an address that isn't residential. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Wow lucky you! Good luck. I was a bit worried filling out that section too, I put a friends address who lives in NYC. I think they will contact you if the application isn't acceptable but a PO box should be fine because it's so they have somewhere to post the green card.

Everyone has lower numbers than me, eeek. Have to keep positive! Hoping the bulletin will go current for me next year.

Wow lucky you! Good luck. I was a bit worried filling out that section too, I put a friends address who lives in NYC. I think they will contact you if the application isn't acceptable but a PO box should be fine because it's so they have somewhere to post the green card.

They won't use a PO Box for the Green Card, but there is plenty of time in the process to change the address - so give them anything for now. Your last chance to change the address for the GC to be sent is at the port of entry - i.e. when you are entering the country for the first time after getting the visa approved.

They won't use a PO Box for the Green Card, but there is plenty of time in the process to change the address - so give them anything for now. Your last chance to change the address for the GC to be sent is at the port of entry - i.e. when you are entering the country for the first time after getting the visa approved.
Oh! Thank you for clarifying. I will have to change mine too if I get approved.

Everyone has lower numbers than me, eeek. Have to keep positive! Hoping the bulletin will go current for me next year.

Don't worry Kellie :) I'm DV2015OC000021XX... I think I can take the Highest OC CN crown for now!

I'll eagerly be following the DV2014 results to try and gauge how DV2015 might play out. I'm hopeful, but tempering that hopefulness... And I guess it's better to be in with any kind of chance that with none at all.

Well. Now I'm worried. the August VB has cutoff of 1450. This year Sept might conceivably get to 1600. But in light of the online application process and the recent attractiveness of living in the US versus living in Oceania, I'm a little queasy about next year. Australia, in particular, is on the skids and I get this vision of queues of people trying to get out of Aus and NZ. I fear OC might be exhausted well below 1600. Not a fun prospect.

Yes, the 2014 has been a bit of a change from previous years and lots of people will likely be disappointed. In order to survive the process I think you have to change your frame of mine and it helps to think of the DV lottery process as several round of eliminations, as opposed to selections. If you are selectee, it just means you haven't been eliminated yet, but be aware that you still might be eliminated from the draw.

It's an interesting problem. On the one hand, I need to put aside cash in $US (likely in Treasury bonds) to make sure I'm financially set in case I do get selected. (I'm not convinced the $A is going to hang on much longer.) On the other I very possibly won't be selected, and I'll be investing sub-optimally for eighteen months while paying currency conversion fees -- not to mention all the time involved with squaring up finances. What a pest. It's almost a situation in OC 2015 where we must assume we aren't in the running unless our CNs are very low.