• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hey. Not yet. I was told to wait for three more weeks they'll arrive together with my social security number. Unfortunately I can't start any job without them. So I'll just wait and hope they get here before I leave

In addition to Susie’s response the GC and SSN will not arrive together, they are processed by different administrations. If you’ve already been in the US for about 2 weeks and your SSN hasn’t shown up in the mail, you need to visit the SSA office and apply for the SSN in person. You will need the SSN for the job.

In addition to Susie’s response the GC and SSN will not arrive together, they are processed by different administrations. If you’ve already been in the US for about 2 weeks and your SSN hasn’t shown up in the mail, you need to visit the SSA office and apply for the SSN in person. You will need the SSN for the job.
Thank you Simon I'll go on Monday

OMG really? I didn't know. Just yesterday my friend hooked me up with a temporary job and I told him I don't have my card yet. Thanks for this I hope the job is still there and I'll use my passport.
I’m surprised you didn’t know that, it is often discussed on this forum. Anyway see
https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/131-list-documents-establish-identity-and-employment-authorization
And scroll down to where it says “TEMPORARY I-551 PRINTED NOTATION ON A MACHINE-READABLE IMMIGRANT VISA (MRIV)”

Hi all

Ok so my case has gone under administrative processing on Thursday 20th September. With only 5 days to go, have I still got a chance in getting the visas? Not sure how it works when cases go to AP

Your stamped immigrant visa becomes a temporary green card and is good for anything you need proof of LPR status for until your plastic card arrives
Unfortunately, not many organizations know that the stamped DV visa becomes a temporary LPR Card, especially the private one.

Unfortunately, not many organizations know that the stamped DV visa becomes a temporary LPR Card, especially the private one.
Well you have official links to show them, it is on the official list of authorized work documents as I posted before
And your social security number proves work authorization as well

Thanks I'll keep waiting. Did anyone receive a letter from the health department to go for a TB test?

Most people wouldn’t have received such a letter. You received it because of the issues with your medical exam. Was there an annotation on your visa?

Most people wouldn’t have received such a letter. You received it because of the issues with your medical exam. Was there an annotation on your visa?
Ohhh gosh I got sooo excited when I got my visa that I didn't bother to check anything else. I have just seen it "Class A or B (TB) required my sputum test was negative though so I guess they want to check if I'm 100% okay. Thanks Simon.

Ohhh gosh I got sooo excited when I got my visa that I didn't bother to check anything else. I have just seen it "Class A or B (TB) required my sputum test was negative though so I guess they want to check if I'm 100% okay. Thanks Simon.

Was about to say the same thing, there must have been a note in your envelope for a follow-up check upon arrival.

Was about to say the same thing, there must have been a note in your envelope for a follow-up check upon arrival.
It was right there!! But the appointment is two days before I go back home. So I'll just get the booking number and wait.

It was right there!! But the appointment is two days before I go back home. So I'll just get the booking number and wait.

Call and check to see if you can come in early for the appointment. You want to make sure you get the clearance before you travel.

p.s. I’m not Simon. @Britsimon is not the same person as @Sm1smom

Thanks I'll keep waiting. Did anyone receive a letter from the health department to go for a TB test?[/QUOT
Thanks I'll keep waiting. Did anyone receive a letter from the health department to go for a TB test?
Hi,,
I have seen a similar thing on my visa in the annotation though not travelled did you manage to go to the health dept??what happens?? and does the letter come immediately you arrive or how is it done??
Thanks