• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi guys this is an apdate of my parents case

They went back to IOM and they were cleared and given CDs but the doctors wherever they are called said they cant send the report like they have to wait for 8 full weeks..

I am wondering why do they have to wait if they are cleared and no more test required... like does not make any sense...

They went back to IOM and they were cleared and given CDs but the doctors wherever they are called said they cant send the report like they have to wait for 8 full weeks..

I am wondering why do they have to wait if they are cleared and no more test required... like does not make any sense...

I doubt your Mom got cleared. The specimen collected is supposed to be cultured for 8 weeks. You can google sputum culture process and read up on it yourself.

Actually, here’s part of CDC’s instructions to panel physicians conducting immigration medical exams regarding suspected TB and sputum culture:

All sputum specimens must be cultured for mycobacteria and confirmation of the Mycobacterium species, at least to the M. tuberculosis complex level. Solid and liquid cultures must be performed. Specimens reported as negative must be cultured for a minimum of 6 weeks for liquid cultures and 8 weeks for solid cultures, with a final report produced within 8 weeks of collection. Positive cultures must be reported as soon as the results are known.​
TB Panel Physician’s Technical Instructions

I doubt your Mom got cleared. The specimen collected is supposed to be cultured for 8 weeks. You can google sputum culture process and read up on it yourself.

Actually, here’s part of CDC’s instructions to panel physicians conducting immigration medical exams regarding suspected TB and sputum culture:

All sputum specimens must be cultured for mycobacteria and confirmation of the Mycobacterium species, at least to the M. tuberculosis complex level. Solid and liquid cultures must be performed. Specimens reported as negative must be cultured for a minimum of 6 weeks for liquid cultures and 8 weeks for solid cultures, with a final report produced within 8 weeks of collection. Positive cultures must be reported as soon as the results are known.​
TB Panel Physician’s Technical Instructions
but they were given CDs and they were told they are cleared

I was not but i have seen the CDs so you wanna say they are blank CDs or my parents are lying

Let’s get something straight here, I will STOP responding or trying to help you understand the process if you’re going to get aggressive with me, okay?

I asked if you were with your parents in order to get a factual account of what was discussed at the clinic. It is possible your parents misunderstood what transpired or what they were told. The CD they received is not an evidence of them having being cleared, I believe it contains the x-ray they originally took or did they take another x-ray after the sputum test was initiated?

So again, they can’t be cleared nor can a report be written until the collected specimen has been cultured for at least 6 weeks, and possibly 8 weeks, your parents medical exam has only been four weeks. This is not a process the medical facilities can cut corners with.

Hey. I did this sputum thing and had to cancel my interview but I later got a date in July. It took exactly 8 weeks and once the embassy recieved my file I was booked immediately. I wonder how they got the CD with incomplete results

Hi Gurix.

I'm a 2018 winner
I have a few questions I hope you'll be able to assist.
I got my second letter today and the interview is in June.
I checked the site where I'm supposed to book a medical exam but I found that I have to book a visa appointment again. Something likes this
Please select the service type that fits your needs.
  • I need to register an Immigrant Visa appointment
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter to register or schedule a Diversity Lottery visa appointment
My confusion is for a green card winner which one is it? is it the first one? I really didn't think booking an appointment was needed since it was there already that's why im confused.
My other question is in regards to KCSE certificate, I only have a slip because my former school was closed before I could get the leaving certificate. Will this work or do i need one from KNEC? not sure if they'll have it.
Thanks in advance. I'm new here so i hope this is where i was meant to post my question.
Lol this was my first or second post. And now I'm in the US who knew I'd even get this far!!! This forum really helped me. Thanks guys

Hey. I did this sputum thing and had to cancel my interview but I later got a date in July. It took exactly 8 weeks and once the embassy recieved my file I was booked immediately. I wonder how they got the CD with incomplete results
did they give you CDs after your 8 week

I wasn't given the CD since I didn't have the Xray results. The CD doesn't really matter especially if the doctor hasn't cleared you, If the file isn't at IOM you can't attend the interview
I meant if the file isn't at the Embassy* I got a copy of my medical results at the POE

Lol this was my first or second post. And now I'm in the US who knew I'd even get this far!!! This forum really helped me. Thanks guys

Congrats!! I am still at the final prep mode my derivative interviewed on the 31st Aug and was granted...was like from the plane straight to the interview....Had been told if she interviews in Sep...She would be granted the visa after all Sep appointments are done even if she had interviewed Sep 1... that was scary!! ...... Have your GC and SSN arrived yet?

Congrats!! I am still at the final prep mode my derivative interviewed on the 31st Aug and was granted...was like from the plane straight to the interview....Had been told if she interviews in Sep...She would be granted the visa after all Sep appointments are done even if she had interviewed Sep 1... that was scary!! ...... Have your GC and SSN arrived yet?

Hey. Not yet. I was told to wait for three more weeks they'll arrive together with my social security number. Unfortunately I can't start any job without them. So I'll just wait and hope they get here before I leave

Hey. Not yet. I was told to wait for three more weeks they'll arrive together with my social security number. Unfortunately I can't start any job without them. So I'll just wait and hope they get here before I leave
Your stamped immigrant visa becomes a temporary green card and is good for anything you need proof of LPR status for until your plastic card arrives

Your stamped immigrant visa becomes a temporary green card and is good for anything you need proof of LPR status for until your plastic card arrives
OMG really? I didn't know. Just yesterday my friend hooked me up with a temporary job and I told him I don't have my card yet. Thanks for this I hope the job is still there and I'll use my passport.