• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Thanks for the reply,but what they dont have is time,because by the time they do their interview they will be having like 2 months to sep 30 @ guriix

Sure, but at this point they should attend the interview and explain their situation to the Consular Officer and hopefully when the Medicals are cleared they might be able to get their visa. They shouldn't miss their appointed interview.

HI,
guys my parents had a their medical today and my mother was found with some sort of scar on her chest
they have an interview 3 weeks from now and the sputum thing takes 1-8 weeks and apparently we have like a month and 2 weeks to 30th september ..i really dont know what we should do?
If your dad's results are ready and he's the one who won the lottery then I'm guessing he'll proceed then your mum will do hers later, but after September I don't think they'll conduct any more interviews. I'm not 100% sure though

Sure, but at this point they should attend the interview and explain their situation to the Consular Officer and hopefully when the Medicals are cleared they might be able to get their visa. They shouldn't miss their appointed interview.
If any name is missing at the entrance they won't be allowed in. There's a lady who checks, but they can try

HI,
guys my parents had a their medical today and my mother was found with some sort of scar on her chest
they have an interview 3 weeks from now and the sputum thing takes 1-8 weeks and apparently we have like a month and 2 weeks to 30th september ..i really dont know what we should do?

Hi Dickson,
If your mother is the Principal Applicant (selectee), she and the entire family will not be let in past the ladies just after the entrance. They have a list of those with appointments on that day and have completed their medicals. So rescheduling will be the next and only step.
If your dad is the principal applicant, he and the kids (if any) can proceed to the interview and your mum will be scheduled for a different date.

I have a question. My friend and his family were given the yellow form for visa refusal (not denial) and asked to submit form I-134 and placed under administration processing. They were told once they get this from their sponsor (who is me), then they should send it back with their passports. Is this normal? My thinking was they have to review the I- 134 first then when they are satisfied they will ask them to submit their passport. But in this case they were told to submit both at the same time. Is it safe to assume their visas are approved. The I-134 I submitted will go through without a problem. I appreciate some feedback and if you know anyone who has been in a similar situation. Thanks very much.

I have a question. My friend and his family were given the yellow form for visa refusal (not denial) and asked to submit form I-134 and placed under administration processing. They were told once they get this from their sponsor (who is me), then they should send it back with their passports. Is this normal? My thinking was they have to review the I- 134 first then when they are satisfied they will ask them to submit their passport. But in this case they were told to submit both at the same time. Is it safe to assume their visas are approved. The I-134 I submitted will go through without a problem. I appreciate some feedback and if you know anyone who has been in a similar situation. Thanks very much.

They should have presented the I-134 at the interview. Their case is now at risk because they don't have it - so if I were you I would get on with it!

Thanks Britsimon. I already sent them the Form I-134. My question was is it normal for the embassy to ask you to submit I-134 together with the passports and fail to approve the visas (note that my financial resources are sufficient)? Can you kindly elaborate what you mean by "their case is now at risk?" considering the I-134 is already submitted to the embassy? Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Britsimon. I already sent them the Form I-134. My question was is it normal for the embassy to ask you to submit I-134 together with the passports and fail to approve the visas (note that my financial resources are sufficient)? Can you kindly elaborate what you mean by "their case is now at risk?" considering the I-134 is already submitted to the embassy? Thanks for your feedback.
They asked us to send our passports alongside the asked documents no need to panic

No one can ever guarantee you that they will issue a visa, however, asking for the passports along with the documents is a clear sign that if the documents are in order - and assuming visa numbers are still available - they want to be able to issue the visas.

HI Guys there is a lady today was denied @ first she was told that the details of the host are not clear and she was put on AP and she was told she will be called. Today she went and she was told she have been denied based on double entry. HAVE SOMEONE HAS SOMEONE DENIED BASED ON REUSED PHOTOS. @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Guriix

HI Guys there is a lady today was denied @ first she was told that the details of the host are not clear and she was put on AP and she was told she will be called. Today she went and she was told she have been denied based on double entry. HAVE SOMEONE HAS SOMEONE DENIED BASED ON REUSED PHOTOS. @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Guriix
Mwas,all will be well,,pray hard that the CO does not discover this..though its part of the instructions not to reuse previously used photos

HI,
Hi Dickson, I was in the exact same situation in 2015. My husband was found to have a "scar" during our medical on July 28th and his clearance came on Oct 8th. IOM people are jerks. He is presently in USA adjusting status. Its been 3 years. If your mom is the principal applicant, there is nothing you can do. If its your dad, process everyone's application except mom and hope results come in sooner. If not, your dad can sponsor her as an F2A which takes about 2 years now.

Hi Dickson, I was in the exact same situation in 2015. My husband was found to have a "scar" during our medical on July 28th and his clearance came on Oct 8th. IOM people are jerks. He is presently in USA adjusting status. Its been 3 years. If your mom is the principal applicant, there is nothing you can do. If its your dad, process everyone's application except mom and hope results come in sooner. If not, your dad can sponsor her as an F2A which takes about 2 years now.

thanks for the reply usamommy2015,my mom was the principal applicant, we just decided that they gonna go for the interview and know what is next after the interview...

Hi

I need some advice. I had my visa interview on 1st August and my medical on 10th August. Following my medical the doctor needed additional information from my doctor which I provided on 20th August. After a week I had no response so when I asked them they said the doctor will call me tomorrow. This being 4th September. The doctor called and said that I need to have a psychiatric assessment done and the earliest date I can get is 3rd October.
Does this mean I won't get the visas? I've tried all i could to get an early appointment but they haven't got anything and now I am worried what might happen

Hi

I need some advice. I had my visa interview on 1st August and my medical on 10th August. Following my medical the doctor needed additional information from my doctor which I provided on 20th August. After a week I had no response so when I asked them they said the doctor will call me tomorrow. This being 4th September. The doctor called and said that I need to have a psychiatric assessment done and the earliest date I can get is 3rd October.
Does this mean I won't get the visas? I've tried all i could to get an early appointment but they haven't got anything and now I am worried what might happen

Unfortunately if you don’t get the medical completed and cleared by the panel surgeon, and receive an approval from the embassy by COB on Sept. 30th, you wouldn’t be getting a DV based IV. Your follow up assessment needs to be completed ASAP if you’re to stand any chance of getting the visa.

thanks for the reply usamommy2015,my mom was the principal applicant, we just decided that they gonna go for the interview and know what is next after the interview...

They can give it a shot, they most likely wouldn’t be admitted into the embassy premises for the interview though until your mom’s medical exam gets completed and cleared since she’s the principal selectee. Good luck though.

hi was your husband able to do the interview after 30 september

Hi guys do any one know if someone can do interview after 30 september or can someone do an interview without the medical result

Unfortunately if you don’t get the medical completed and cleared by the panel surgeon, and receive an approval from the embassy by COB on Sept. 30th, you wouldn’t be getting a DV based IV. Your follow up assessment needs to be completed ASAP if you’re to stand any chance of getting the visa.
what do you mean follow up assesement