• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

I am interviewing in London but the issue was that I was only informed about it on 25th July and no medical appointments available until 28th August so wasn't sure what to do.

I am interviewing in London but the issue was that I was only informed about it on 25th July and no medical appointments available until 28th August so wasn't sure what to do.

Oh it seemed the answers before mine assumed you were doing everything in Kenya.

My bad :D:D:D...!!! thought you were in Kenya.....!! ...still awaiting for my UK police cert...:(:(....interview around the corner....I have
Bad memories with London Consulate...they denied me a visitors visa a while back to US....all the best Mate

Agree with this, we have heard horror stories about Nairobi before that people trying to reschedule months in advance never get a new slot.
Out of interest why are you not interviewing in London if you currently live there? Or did I misunderstand something?

Whatever you do, do not reschedule the interview. I rescheduled mine in 2013 because I was out of country for work (Ironically in the US). My KCC given date was 11 June 2013. I checked the embassy website every hour every day (except at night when I was in bed) and luckily (by God's grace) on August 12 I checked and there were 2 dates, Sep 15 and Sep 30 (Last day of the fiscal year when DV 2013 was set to expire). Since I was out of country, I did not select a date since I wanted to ask my wife to book medical appointment (which we got like 20 minutes later). When I went back to the embassy website to select Sep 15, the date was no longer available and only available date was Sep 30, which I selected. Long story short, in the end God worked it out for us we did the interview on the last day of the DV 2013 and we were approved. I would not wish for anyone to go through the experience. I would rather go for the interview present everything (get on AP) as they await for the medical.

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you all with my application progress. So I attended my interview today and explained to them about my medical appointment being 28th August. They have asked me to contact the medical people again for another date sooner as they spoke to them. My medical has now been moved up to 10th August. Provided no problems with medical they should issue the visas as soon as they are available. Just want to thank you all for answering the queries I had. Now hoping all goes well with the medical

Hope it all goes well. Keep us updated. We're rooting for you :)
Hi all. I hope you've all been well. I have some good news. I got my Visa today!!!!! I still don't believe it. I was out of town for some work stuff last week on Friday when I received a call from a lady. She told me they have received my file from IOM and asked if I was available to attend my interview on Monday. I was available that Monday morning. Did my interview at around 9.30 and got approved. I picked up my package today. Damn this was a journey and a half. Thanks a lot guys for the support.

Hi all. I hope you've all been well. I have some good news. I got my Visa today!!!!! I still don't believe it. I was out of town for some work stuff last week on Friday when I received a call from a lady. She told me they have received my file from IOM and asked if I was available to attend my interview on Monday. I was available that Monday morning. Did my interview at around 9.30 and got approved. I picked up my package today. Damn this was a journey and a half. Thanks a lot guys for the support.

Congrats!!!:):) now just packing/booking tickets/ pay for green card...n u r done...!! Just two questions... Did u present the ecitizen police cert print out....for good conduct and two did they ask u for affidavit of support...???

Once again congrats...hope to share positive news soon....!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you all with my application progress. So I attended my interview today and explained to them about my medical appointment being 28th August. They have asked me to contact the medical people again for another date sooner as they spoke to them. My medical has now been moved up to 10th August. Provided no problems with medical they should issue the visas as soon as they are available. Just want to thank you all for answering the queries I had. Now hoping all goes well with the medical

Congrats!!! Hope meds will be OK...u get your visa soon

Congrats!!!:):) now just packing/booking tickets/ pay for green card...n u r done...!! Just two questions... Did u present the ecitizen police cert print out....for good conduct and two did they ask u for affidavit of support...???

Hey not sure what u mean by ecitizen police cert but my old police clearance cert ran out so had to reapply. For that they asked me to send it once it arrives. For question 2 no they just asked if I had savings to pay for my trip to US which I replied as yes and then they asked which family I had living there

Hi. Thanks alot. Yes they asked for the police cert so you have to print two copies cause they'll take one. They actually didn't ask about that affidavit but I gave it to her anyway. I went back with my Ds260 cause she didn't ask for it.

Hey not sure what u mean by ecitizen police cert but my old police clearance cert ran out so had to reapply. For that they asked me to send it once it arrives. For question 2 no they just asked if I had savings to pay for my trip to US which I replied as yes and then they asked which family I had living there

Currently if you apply for the Police Cert... your finger prints are taken either at selected police stations/CID or at Huduma branches across the counties, But you no longer go to collect it from the police/CID, rather it sent as a pdf....on your Ecitizen account to download and print. For people in the diaspora dont know how it sent to you hard copy or download and print......I know for UK one they send a hard copy to the address you specify.

Hello fam, I went for the interview today as scheduled though my CN was above 39500. APPROVED!!!!. Please have AoS ready, at least 8 selectees who didn't have it were placed on AP today. We were 23 selectees.

Seemingly confirming everyone with a scheduled interview still had the visa number set aside for them. Congratulations!

Hello fam, I went for the interview today as scheduled though my CN was above 39500. APPROVED!!!!. Please have AoS ready, at least 8 selectees who didn't have it were placed on AP today. We were 23 selectees.

That’s great news. Congratulations. Let us know when you pick up your passport with the visa.

Important point about the I-134 for Nairobi.

Please let us know when CEAC shows "ISSUED" (it may show AP for a day or two).

Woww!! Congrats... wishing you all the best in your relocation plans. 23 DV selectees is a big number for one day scheduling