• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

I have seen many instances of extraordinary grace in several posts from people accepting such disappointment today. This is another such post. So sad this happened. It was a weird year.
So many dreams were crushed. Hope they dont mess up DV2019 and subsequent DV's (if there will be any) I'll keep on applying till they decide to end it.

Hi
I'm not sure what is happening but my CN is 44xxx and when I saw the VB for July it said current and August has now changed. I emailed kcc before the August bulletin was out asking about interview and they said it was scheduled on 1st August and I should get my 2NL in 7-10 days.
Does this still mean I will get interviewed?

Hi
I'm not sure what is happening but my CN is 44xxx and when I saw the VB for July it said current and August has now changed. I emailed kcc before the August bulletin was out asking about interview and they said it was scheduled on 1st August and I should get my 2NL in 7-10 days.
Have you received that 2NL?. Has 7-10 days elapsed?. If question 1 answer is NO and question 2 is YES, then chances of getting the interview are very very slim.

Hi
KCC emailed you an interview date & you're yet to receive your 2NL for an August interview? Not that i'm disputing your post since this year things are plain weird to say the least, but the last time i emailed KCC, they responded by saying that they cannot provide information as to when an intetview date will become available for my case.

Last edited:
KCC emailed you an interview date & you're yet to receive your 2NL for an August interview? Not that i'm disputing your post since this year things are plain weird to say the least, but the last time i emailed KCC, they responded by saying that they cannot provide information as to when an intetview date will become available for my case.
KCC has given people interview dates (when asked) before 2NLs have been sent out before, if they have already been scheduled. This isn’t the same as trying to find out when you might expect an interview. Scheduling is done I think a couple of weeks already before the 2NLs go out.

KCC has given people interview dates (when asked) before 2NLs have been sent out before, if they have already been scheduled. This isn’t the same as trying to find out when you might expect an interview. Scheduling is done I think a couple of weeks already before the 2NLs go out.
Thank you for the clarification. This is now clear. All the best @Hetal247

My good people. I have 2 words, Wow & Thank you.

Wow because for many selectees, myself included, the DV2018 journey has come to a painful end with the August VB. More so to the AF region which was already current. Well, that was something;). The thought of living the American dream was quite tempting to say the least. You know, in a dream come true kind of way.

Thank you because God has blessed us in countless other ways. I am so grateful. Thank you God. A big thank you to the wonderful individuals in this forum led by @Britsimon. The ever helpful @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, @Guriix and many other wonderful people including my Kenyan brothers and sisters who spend their precious time giving their wise counsel to selectees, applicants and passerby's. Thank you for being patient and keeping your cool even during some very tense moments. Many success stories on the DV process can be directly attributed to your hard work. You have all been like family. God bless you guys.

For all the lucky ones, so happy for you all and all the best in your future endevours. Make the DV fam proud. For those who missed out, keep trying, keep your heads held up high despite the unfortunate end to this journey. Be kind, be generous, be happy and keep the faith :)

Cheers!

That sucks, hang in there man.

Hi all

I have now received my interview letter scheduled for 1st August and need to book my medical. However I need to print the ds-260 confirmation but website is down. What can I do? Also to book your medical they ask to enter your case number and the ds-260 case number. Is the case number the original number given when you applied for the lottery and the ds-260 being the one that is 2018AFxxxx?

Hi all

I have now received my interview letter scheduled for 1st August and need to book my medical. However I need to print the ds-260 confirmation but website is down. What can I do? Also to book your medical they ask to enter your case number and the ds-260 case number. Is the case number the original number given when you applied for the lottery and the ds-260 being the one that is 2018AFxxxx?

Whhhat!! :eek::eek: 1st August or September..... That's crazy if its August.....if u r in Nairobi I would highly suggest going in person at the IOM at gigiri and booking the meds from there....I saw someone walk- in without appointment and booking them and doing them the same day.....I have no idea if they were doing for US or Canada...UK etc you barely have a week left....For online booking they don't work on weekends...till Monday..so your email...will go unanswered if you haven't managed to book yet...!!.Go there first thing monday morning and book in person...if u r outside Nairobi...make sure you are there when they open on Monday...kindly ask them to let you do them ASAP....due to interview date....August 1st....:(:(

There's been a little bit of an issue now. The earliest I can get a medical is 28th August so I have been told to either let the interview date (1st August) pass and then reschedule or attend the interview and explain what has happened. I am now worried about this as I was only informed of the interview date on 25th July and this was when I enquired about it. What are the chances of interview going ahead as planned and waiting for medical report and other documents after? Also i am based in UK and tried all i can do now waiting to see what happens

There's been a little bit of an issue now. The earliest I can get a medical is 28th August so I have been told to either let the interview date (1st August) pass and then reschedule or attend the interview and explain what has happened. I am now worried about this as I was only informed of the interview date on 25th July and this was when I enquired about it. What are the chances of interview going ahead as planned and waiting for medical report and other documents after? Also i am based in UK and tried all i can do now waiting to see what happens

Whatever you do, don’t miss the interview date. You will not get a new date before Sept. 30th which means you will loose out completely. Worst case scenario, you attend the interview without the medical report, you get put on AP till it gets sent in. You could try doing a walk-in at IOM too like @utamaduni already suggested.

May be someone experienced can respond.to you!!!..what I know from the guys who had issues with their Xrays were told not to go ahead with the interview until they were cleared by IOM....if you go back a few pages on this thread you will see they couldn't go for interview without meds reports...!! And I guess your KCSE results confirmation and police certificate might not be ready by Tuesday evening being 31st July....did u book meds by email or in person...???

I booked my meds over the phone and they did say they were surprised they notified me very late about my interview. I booked the first medical date they had available. Then contacted the interview people who advised to attend the interview which I will be doing so hope all is not lost

I booked my meds over the phone and they did say they were surprised they notified me very late about my interview. I booked the first medical date they had available. Then contacted the interview people who advised to attend the interview which I will be doing so hope all is not lost

If the consulate said you attend then you do that...they will definitely put you on AP... hope all t other documents are ready...eg police cert/KNEC confirmation letter....put all your docs ready...wish all the best on Wednesday..!!.. Let us know how it goes.....KCC did mess this one up...am CN 38xxx and they booked u for interview before me u being CN44xxx

I do have all the paper work ready apart from police cert which expired in May 2018. I have reapplied for it so not sure if I'll have it before the interview. I will take it with me and let them know it has been reapplied for and will send it as soon as it arrives. Not sure how many other people are finding themselves in the same situation but it's not good. Thank you all for your advice and will update u after my interview

Whatever you do, don’t miss the interview date. You will not get a new date before Sept. 30th which means you will loose out completely. Worst case scenario, you attend the interview without the medical report, you get put on AP till it gets sent in. You could try doing a walk-in at IOM too like @utamaduni already suggested.
Agree with this, we have heard horror stories about Nairobi before that people trying to reschedule months in advance never get a new slot.
Out of interest why are you not interviewing in London if you currently live there? Or did I misunderstand something?