• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi guys. I am yet to submit my DS-260. Once submitted. Am i supposed to submit any verified documents to the embassy before the interview i.e birth certificates, marriage certificate etc? My guess is that they will need to authenticate/verify the documents before the interview is conducted.

Another thing...what is IOM?

IOM is where you'll do your medical closer to your interview date. It's up the road from Gigiri police station. Knock out vaccinations at city council clinics before then. It'll save you some cash.

Hi Guys i dint make it 2015 but God is Good am selected 2018 my case number is AF36xxx is it safe 2015 i was AF78xxx

Congratulations.. hopefully you should have your interview sometime next year.April -June-ish. All the best as you prepare.

Hi guys,

1. WT12xxx. Is it safe?

2. Is there a deadline for submission of the DS-260 online form? I wanted to submit once all my documents Ok. Hopefully, end of June.

Hi @SusieQQQ , im a bit confused. The only number i have is a confirmation number which does not have "AF" Is this the same thing? What is the difference between Confirmation numbers and Case numbers?

Hi @SusieQQQ , im a bit confused. The only number i have is a confirmation number which does not have "AF" Is this the same thing? What is the difference between Confirmation numbers and Case numbers?

If you're selected, there should be a number on your selectee notification letter that starts with AF, assuming you're chargeable to the AF (African) region. The WT12xxx I'm assuming is the confirmation number you received after submitting your eDV registration, it is different from the Case Number that gets assigned to Selectees.

Thank you for the clarification. I've checked. My case no. is AF00xxx. Is it safe?
If it's in the hundreds as it seems to be, it'll be one of the first that is current. You'd normally get an interview in October, except that you're delaying your DS260. If you submit late June, you'll probably get notification around October for an interview around December,depending on how the processing backlog is going. But there is no reason to delay submitting because you're waiting for documents. You only need those for the interview.

If it's in the hundreds as it seems to be, it'll be one of the first that is current. You'd normally get an interview in October, except that you're delaying your DS260. If you submit late June, you'll probably get notification around October for an interview around December,depending on how the processing backlog is going. But there is no reason to delay submitting because you're waiting for documents. You only need those for the interview.
Thank you. Will try to speed up submission of the DS260.

My bad. I seem to have given you the the wrong no. I believe one is supposed to remove the leading zeros e.g if say case no. is 2017AF000012305 then it should be AF12xxx. If that's the case, then my actual case no. for DV2018 is AF42xxx. Please advise.

You should have your interview first quarter of next year feb-apr depending on how soon you submit that DS260