• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Read the instructions carefully. I'm pretty sure they tell you to leave out any special characters (that would be anything that is not a normal Latin alphabet letter) but you need to check and confirm that.

True SusieQQQ. Mine DS260 initially came with names prefilled. When I clicked next, it gave me instructions to remove charecters from my name. Which I did.

should my education papers be verified or i just carry them to the interview just as they are?

Once you get your 2nd notification, you'll need to go to Extelcomms House on Haile Selassie Avenue and ask KNEC to send a verification report of your KCSE results directly to the embassy, so when you go for your interview they already have a copy of them. I wrote a blog about it then, will try find it.

Got a question about vaccinations. I see guys say that many times expensive at the IOM.

So,
1.) Can I get them at ANY hospital? Or does the IOM recognise specific hospitals? Please feel free to recommend hospital that I can go to.
2.) On the DS260 form there is a question "Do you have records to establish that you have recieved vaccination in accordance with US Law?" Will I be negatively affected since at the time of filling the form I havent got the vaccinations?

Got a question about vaccinations. I see guys say that many times expensive at the IOM.

So,
1.) Can I get them at ANY hospital? Or does the IOM recognise specific hospitals? Please feel free to recommend hospital that I can go to.
2.) On the DS260 form there is a question "Do you have records to establish that you have recieved vaccination in accordance with US Law?" Will I be negatively affected since at the time of filling the form I havent got the vaccinations?

Go to any city council clinic, they should be free or for a very minimal fee.. it doesn't matter where you got them as long as you have them.. it saved me a few thousand shillings at the IOM medical.

No, it will not as long as by the time you go for your interview you are CDC/IOM compliant

So,

When I went to IOM of they had charged me for everything it would have come to Ksh. 25,000. I got most of the vaccinations done before hand and ended up paying Ksh. 17,000

Go to any city council clinic, they should be free or for a very minimal fee.. it doesn't matter where you got them as long as you have them.. it saved me a few thousand shillings at the IOM medical.

No, it will not as long as by the time you go for your interview you are CDC/IOM compliant
Thanks @Guriix , you have been very helpful. Btw How long are the vaccinations valid for? (Wouldn't want to have them tooo early.)

Finally, was having trouble finding reliable information on medical exam cost in Kenya. Thanks for the tip.

With the dollar rate a bit higher you can bet it's go be up.. but you pay at village market cba bank with dollars too.

i was not present when my friend applied for me..so he selected college instead of high school. can i change that in the DS-260 form?

The CO might want to know why the original info when selected showed college, but #bre honest on the DS260.. you fill in DS260 from scratch so change what you have to and have a good answer why you did