• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

HI FOLKS!!
Let me introduce my self again. I was a DV selectee for the year 2014...with CN AF81*** I was selected while i was living in the UK. I relocated to Kenya several months before what i thought would be the interview month to spend time home before jetting off.....i was sure i would be interviewed in nairobi as i thought then i had a safe CN ....but was knocked out at the last mile by the CUT OFF with less than a 1000 digits to my CN to go. I was crushed/heart broken/ devastated......so was my family...If i was suicidal then i would not be typing this (LOL). So I had to accept and move on.....!!! I could not return to the UK because of new visa rules that had kicked in then with PM Cameron on the steering wheel. So I was stuck here at home.....but i kept trying the lottery each year......I thought i would enter US under OBAMA....but fate had it......i would see non. There was an Oklahoma party to be hosted by Family123 for those who were to make it to the US then....but was never to be. They say lightning doesn't strike twice.....I believe it has. After the 2014 disaster with CN's..... i will not put my hopes up though my CN is under 2018AF00038.......I don't know if it is a good number or not but i will just flow along...2015...2016...2017 i would have gone through.....but it is a wait and see game.....Who knows i will enter under Trump......!! Wow it is good to be back home.....Gud to see Guriix/SusieQQQ/MushyHOT/Sm1smom.....Britsimon.....Thanx for your help then......you were very instrumental....i know things have changed so has the process... i will move at a snail pace as backbencher once more......CONGRATS TO THE NEW WINNERS.....it will be a bumpy ride full of emotions etc....but hang in there you will make it to the great land of Milk and Honey......

UTAMA
HI FOLKS!!
Let me introduce my self again. I was a DV selectee for the year 2014...with CN AF81*** I was selected while i was living in the UK. I relocated to Kenya several months before what i thought would be the interview month to spend time home before jetting off.....i was sure i would be interviewed in nairobi as i thought then i had a safe CN ....but was knocked out at the last mile by the CUT OFF with less than a 1000 digits to my CN to go. I was crushed/heart broken/ devastated......so was my family...If i was suicidal then i would not be typing this (LOL). So I had to accept and move on.....!!! I could not return to the UK because of new visa rules that had kicked in then with PM Cameron on the steering wheel. So I was stuck here at home.....but i kept trying the lottery each year......I thought i would enter US under OBAMA....but fate had it......i would see non. There was an Oklahoma party to be hosted by Family123 for those who were to make it to the US then....but was never to be. They say lightning doesn't strike twice.....I believe it has. After the 2014 disaster with CN's..... i will not put my hopes up though my CN is under 2018AF00038.......I don't know if it is a good number or not but i will just flow along...2015...2016...2017 i would have gone through.....but it is a wait and see game.....Who knows i will enter under Trump......!! Wow it is good to be back home.....Gud to see Guriix/SusieQQQ/MushyHOT/Sm1smom.....Britsimon.....Thanx for your help then......you were very instrumental....i know things have changed so has the process... i will move at a snail pace as backbencher once more......CONGRATS TO THE NEW WINNERS.....it will be a bumpy ride full of emotions etc....but hang in there you will make it to the great land of Milk and Honey......

UTAMADUNI! Hi there..
Was just reading your 2014 thread and the disappointments therein.. Great to see you win again and with a seemingly better CN.
Congratulations. Am in great company....

Thanks Amazing Faith..... well this process can tear you apart.....but thanks to the almighty...we can do this!! i hope i have a good CN....in 2014 i had a good CN also compared to the previous 10 years then....so I guaranteed myself i had 999% chance of making it to the US......but.....all in all i am grtful for the second chance.......just need organize a good day to break the news to the family.....!!! hoping they will be happy with a second chance though for the past 3 years or so.....we have managed to grow roots here in Kenya.....will be a difficult topic on the dinner table to immigrate or not... either way it goes will give thanks for the opportunity.....!!!

UTAMA

UTAMADUNI! Hi there..
Was just reading your 2014 thread and the disappointments therein.. Great to see you win again and with a seemingly better CN.
Congratulations. Am in great company....

HI FOLKS!!

This is great news. Really happy to learn of your new selection. Your current CN is definitely a safe one this time around. All the best to you and your family

HI FOLKS!!

Hey! Awesome that you're selected again! We'll be here to cheer you along the home stretch :)

Thanks SusieQQQ and Sm1smom......i will definitely need your help and input.....i know a lot has changed since DV2014......If you believe My CN of AF00038xxx is good for 2018 .....it gives me some confidence.....i will make it.....Cheers.

This is great news. Really happy to learn of your new selection. Your current CN is definitely a safe one this time around. All the best to you and your family

Thanks SusieQQQ and Sm1smom......i will definitely need your help and input.....i know a lot has changed since DV2014......If you believe My CN of AF00038xxx is good for 2018 .....it gives me some confidence.....i will make it.....Cheers.

Pretty sure it's a good number!
I'm not sure a lot has really changed ... was it still paper DS forms in those days? Anyway we are still here :)

Thanks Amazing Faith..... well this process can tear you apart.....but thanks to the almighty...we can do this!! i hope i have a good CN....in 2014 i had a good CN also compared to the previous 10 years then....so I guaranteed myself i had 999% chance of making it to the US......but.....all in all i am grtful for the second chance.......just need organize a good day to break the news to the family.....!!! hoping they will be happy with a second chance though for the past 3 years or so.....we have managed to grow roots here in Kenya.....will be a difficult topic on the dinner table to immigrate or not... either way it goes will give thanks for the opportunity.....!!!

Congrats on your selection and I hope things go well this time for your family. It makes me feel good to read these success stories :)

HI FOLKS!!

Good to hear the good news. I bet it must have been hard landing hoping to be there a few months.. this time round you should be good. God has other plans sometimes.. welcome back

HI FOLKS!!

Very lucky. Congratulations on DV2018, your CN is a safe one, best of luck for interview and medical.

Hi guys, my name has an apostrophe at the end. When I fill DS-260 it rejects it. Kindly advice. Another question is that my friend gets error before e-signing that "the case number you entered does not match the case number that you entered at Sign In", yet it's the same number?.

Hi guys, my name has an apostrophe at the end. When I fill DS-260 it rejects it. Kindly advice. Another question is that my friend gets error before e-signing that "the case number you entered does not match the case number that you entered at Sign In", yet it's the same number?.

I don't know what you need to do regarding the apostrophe at the end of your name.

Your friend needs to remove the leading zeros after 2018 on his CN to enable him submit the form.

Read the instructions carefully. I'm pretty sure they tell you to leave out any special characters (that would be anything that is not a normal Latin alphabet letter) but you need to check and confirm that.

I'm starting a DV 2018 Kenya forum for those who will be interviewed out of the US Embassy Nairobi, Kenya..I went through the process in 2014, successfully resettled here and my experience might help a soul somewhere as I was helped on this forum..

Very nice of you to share with us your expereience. Mimi and my AF00013xxx. Can I expect interview this yr?

Read the instructions carefully. I'm pretty sure they tell you to leave out any special characters (that would be anything that is not a normal Latin alphabet letter) but you need to check and confirm that.

That's true SusieQQQ, it does instruct to leave out any special characters.