1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 EU Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Sm1smom, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Josephlins

Josephlins New Member

Hey,

just a quick question. If you are selected for DV 2018 and haven't received an invitation for an interview yet, are you going to apply for DV 2019? Will it affect the current application? Thanks

2. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Applying for DV2019 has no impact on DV2018 selection. Putting in for DV2019 is a good idea.

3. Josephlins

Josephlins New Member

Thank you Sm1smom.

4. alindragos

alindragos Registered Users (C)

Reviewing the last 2 bulletins, I am 90% sure our interview will either come on February or on March though I am more incline to believe March is a better prediction. Lets see the next bulletin...

5. shudda

shudda New Member

Haven't heard anything yet but it's still pretty early I imagine. Just want to confirm that when it comes to the interview - they contact you right? It's not like the selection process where you have to login and find the details is it?

6. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Yes and no. You should get an email telling you the selection page is updated, but you need to log into the selection page to see it updated with the interview details. Sometimes the email goes into junk folders and people don’t realize their interview is scheduled until they log in. Is your number current?

7. shudda

shudda New Member

Sorry, not sure what you mean by current. My case umber is 2018EU00014XXX

8. SusieQQQ

Current is when your case number is eligible for interview. (Yours isn’t yet.) May I suggest you pop over to the britsimonsays website and do some reading up on the basics... it would be a real shame if you missed the interview not knowing when your number is current and the email goes astray - this is rare but has happened.

9. Ireeln

Ireeln Member

@Britsimon Hello Brit hope all is well , i asked this question before but i just want to make sure. Its about the interview i told you that the Prishtina embassy at the time when i was completing DS-260 wasnt processing DV Visas , so the only option as its shown in the picture was SKOPJE MACEDONIA i did that , but now the Embassy of Prishtina is processing DV VISA , i asked you if i need to contact KCC or my embassy you said that the interview will automatically take place in the nearest place that issues DV Visa so now i wanna make sure is that correct or should i do something about it. Thank you for everything!!

Attached Files:

10. SusieQQQ

May I politely ask why you keep repeating questions right after saying they have already been answered here?

11. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

You can contact KCC if you want.

Ireeln likes this.
  12. MJS_DV2018_EU

MJS_DV2018_EU New Member

Hi everyone! First of all, huge congratulations to all. :)

New here so just checking in on this thread. DV2018 EU selectee with CN 182** so we're still patiently waiting to become current. Looks like it'll almost certainly be May.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  13. alindragos

alindragos Registered Users (C)

Yes, from the looks of it it might be early May. Though you should never lose faith on April either, maybe they will accelerate the pace
    Best of luck!

14. MJS_DV2018_EU

MJS_DV2018_EU New Member

Thanks! My husband is the Primary, and he is qualifying with Work Experience as his education is a (Canadian) GED, so we've got a bit more complex case, but I have faith the CO will find his experience ample.

15. MikeStone

MikeStone New Member

Any date prediction for case number 29XXX? Based on the trend, when do you think it will be current?

My wife can't wait anymore, we are psychologically affected badly from unknown waiting time, we want to take an important step in our life, I keep tell her let's wait until this date then each visa bulletin is another disappointment :( I don't know what to tell her anymore. If we won't be able to get the visa, it will be really tough for us.

Guys, how much chance we got?

Thank you for this great community you built!

16. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

In an earlier post you mentioned 2018EU28XXX as your number.

As for the psychological stress. Yes, waiting sucks, but waiting with EU28XXX is a hell of a lot easier than waiting with EU38XXX - so count your blessings and remember everyone is in the same boat.

Finally, as a suggestion, tell your wife you are safe but it will be a September interview. Hopefully it will beat that, but in any case you will have given her a clear month rather than leaving her in the dark.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 6:28 PM
  17. MikeStone

MikeStone New Member

Sorry, I forgot to include the region, yes it's EU as you already figured it out. CN is 28XXX. I couldn't edit the post, I was too late :/

Thank you for your suggestion! I feel much better now.