• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I have question Mom: In my last info pass appointment yesterday, they told me my name has been cleared in all systems except one system that is still pending. My question: Do they have the authority to approve my case and put it under monitoring until that system gets me cleared, or they will revoke the green card if that systems gave them negative results?

I highly doubt that could be done. My understanding is the background check needs to be fully cleared before an approval gets issued. You can however ask them about it at your next INFOPASS

And you’ve already been granted editing access to the spreadsheet. All you need to do is click on the available column and enter your information across the cells. Anyway, if you’re still struggling with figuring it out, you can leave your timeline here in the forum, it will get transferred (eventually).
Fair enough.

Thank you, will do as soon as I receive GC I'll put everything there. If I have trouble I will leave here. But I think I should be fine.

Fair enough.

Thank you, will do as soon as I receive GC I'll put everything there. If I have trouble I will leave here. But I think I should be fine.
Good luck bro. But I am really superise how fast you get your name check clear in less than 24 hours. I read the name check takes 48 to up to two weeks for most applicant to clear their name check.
I think you have a pretty name

Last edited:
Hello mom. See this question 3 https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/questions-and-answers-background-check-policy-update

Q3. How has USCIS changed its adjudications requirements?
A3. For these forms, including applications for lawful permanent residence, USCIS will adjudicate the application based on all required evidence outlined in applicable law and regulation if the application is otherwise approvable, outside of normal processing times, and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days.
Can this help in our case?

Hello mom. See this question 3 https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/questions-and-answers-background-check-policy-update

Q3. How has USCIS changed its adjudications requirements?
A3. For these forms, including applications for lawful permanent residence, USCIS will adjudicate the application based on all required evidence outlined in applicable law and regulation if the application is otherwise approvable, outside of normal processing times, and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days.
Can this help in our case?

Did you not see the following at the very top of the page you’re referencing? And the content date which is also 2008 (10 years ago)?
  • Archived Content
    This page contains information that is no longer current but remains on our site for reference purposes.
I know you looking for materials that could potentially be helpful to your case, but you really need to pay attention to what you’re coming across so you don’t excite yourself needlessly. If there’s a current useful document an AOSers stuck in background can use to keep their case moving, I would have provided it to you guys upfront. I have nothing to gain by withholding such useful information.

Finally my case status changed to " case was approved" yaaaaaay. many Thanks to you mom and the others. I hope everything get great at the end. I have infopass in one hour today. Should I go " I have school in same time" because I have questions regarding:
1- is this mean there is a visa available for me and they order it?
2- to grant the green card should my case change to " Card produce" before 30 September?

Finally my case status changed to " case was approved" yaaaaaay. many Thanks to you mom and the others. I hope everything get great at the end. I have infopass in one hour today. Should I go " I have school in same time" because I have questions regarding:
1- is this mean there is a visa available for me and they order it?
2- to grant the green card should my case change to " Card produce" before 30 September?

If you like.

Good luck bro. But I am really superise how fast you get your name check clear in less than 24 hours. I read the name check takes 48 to up to two weeks for most applicant to clear their name check.
I think you have a pretty name
I think if you were from Europe the background check will be much easier than if you are from Middle Eastern countries cuz the systems are connected to each other.

My name check is still pending until today. They told me they sent one expedite request but They didn’t clear my name untill now

Hello mom. I went today they told me my officer is not in the office today. So if my officer is not in the office today and tomoorow. Is this going to hurt my case as I am still pending name check ?

Hello mom. I went today they told me my officer is not in the office today. So if my officer is not in the office today and tomoorow. Is this going to hurt my case as I am still pending name check ?
I do not think so. It wont hurt your case. But Mom is the expert. Hope to hear good news soon. I got the update this morning around 6:30 am.