• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
So it's that time of the year again. I figured since I'm still here - yeah, I know I've been posting about retiring for a while now without actually doing so :p:p. Anyway I figured since I'm still around, I might as well create a new Thread for DV 2018 selectees currently based in the US and who will be processing their DV selection via AOS. Plus having the first post on this Thread makes it easy for Simon to use the standard script he uses in directing traffic to this Thread when his followers ask for guidance on processing AOS :p

I know how daunting this process may initially seem and you probably have a gazillion questions to ask. But before you start doing so, please take some time to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet (link below). It has a step by step guide on DV based AOS process. If you have follow up questions AFTER going through the spreadsheet, then feel free to post them on this Thread.

Please note, the spreadsheet is a GUIDE based on collections of experience - it is not USCIS sanctioned (but definitely more detailed than any information you can get directly from USCIS - either in person or on the phone). You're still personally responsible for your own case at the end of the day.

Good luck!

goo.gl/0va2DU

hi guys, so I entered for my wife any myself from a European country and the website says that we didn't get selected. from threads from previous years I found that in the first days the website may give a false message due to overloaded traffic. Is that information any accurate based on your experience? Trying to retain hope but not sure if that will be for nothing.

Also btw we are in the US now, so would be doing AOS.

hi guys, so I entered for my wife any myself from a European country and the website says that we didn't get selected. from threads from previous years I found that in the first days the website may give a false message due to overloaded traffic. Is that information any accurate based on your experience? Trying to retain hope but not sure if that will be for nothing.

Also btw we are in the US now, so would be doing AOS.

Sorry, in this case, not selected is not selected.

Yay!!!!! 2018 AoS thread has started!!!

I will have to get used to recommending people mand check this link, read the spreadsheet, and only when they have done that should they "bother" Mom.

As for talk of retiring - please don't Mom - you are quite certainly the best help around for the DV AoSers.

Hello! I have just stumbled upon this amazing forum. Thank you! My boyfriend (who is currently in the US on an E3 visa) just found out that he was selected for further processing in the 2018 DV Lotto! My question is regarding his case number (OC000014**)... I've been trying to comprehend the old Visa Bulletin documents to figure out if this number number is likely to get selected for processing but I'm a little confused. Could you shed some light on this for me? Thank you in advance and apologies if this is a silly question.

Yay!!!!! 2018 AoS thread has started!!!

I will have to get used to recommending people mand check this link, read the spreadsheet, and only when they have done that should they "bother" Mom.

As for talk of retiring - please don't Mom - you are quite certainly the best help around for the DV AoSers.

Lol - okay I will jettison all retirement plans for now because of you ;).

Hello! I have just stumbled upon this amazing forum. Thank you! My boyfriend (who is currently in the US on an E3 visa) just found out that he was selected for further processing in the 2018 DV Lotto! My question is regarding his case number (OC000014**)... I've been trying to comprehend the old Visa Bulletin documents to figure out if this number number is likely to get selected for processing but I'm a little confused. Could you shed some light on this for me? Thank you in advance and apologies if this is a silly question.

Congratulations to your boyfriend (and you) on his selection.

I typically stay away from number crunching and speculations as to how high or low a CN is - especially at this point in time when we have no idea regarding number of selectees for DV 2018.

You might however want to spend some time on Simon's blog on how to read the VB:
http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/

Thank you very much! :) I guess I jumped the gun a bit here, but we're both just so excited! Thanks again for the link - it makes a lot more sense already. I think I got confused because in previous years OC went "current" after numbers around 1100. Simon's blog explained that "In previous years we have seen various regions going “CURRENT”. This means that KCC have calculated remaining likely demand and believe they have enough visas remaining to satisfy all remaining demand"... so I think I'm correct in stating that any remaining numbers are eligible to be interviewed once the VB says "current"? Thank you again!!!

Thank you very much! :) I guess I jumped the gun a bit here, but we're both just so excited! Thanks again for the link - it makes a lot more sense already. I think I got confused because in previous years OC went "current" after numbers around 1100. Simon's blog explained that "In previous years we have seen various regions going “CURRENT”. This means that KCC have calculated remaining likely demand and believe they have enough visas remaining to satisfy all remaining demand"... so I think I'm correct in stating that any remaining numbers are eligible to be interviewed once the VB says "current"? Thank you again!!!

It is day 1. It is far too early to know very much about how many people are selected and how progress will go. For now, relax. It will be way into 2018 before that case number is available for processing. So there is plenty of time to discuss....

Hi @April2018 I'm in the same boat as your bf. I'm in the US on an E3 and was just selected by the DV lottery for further processing. My number is OC000019** though, so after reading up a little, I'm not sure if I have a chance :( unless Oceania goes to "CURRENT".

Hi @April2018 I'm in the same boat as your bf. I'm in the US on an E3 and was just selected by the DV lottery for further processing. My number is OC000019** though, so after reading up a little, I'm not sure if I have a chance :( unless Oceania goes to "CURRENT".

High end of the 19XX range or low? Not the same OC'er that pinged me through the blog are you ("Disappointed")

High end unfortunately :/ I didn't ping you though

Hmm - then that suggests (by German tank theory) that there are cases well above 2000. That means OC at least has something near DV2015 levels of selectees.

Hi all.
Got some questions after get picked from lottery.

Number: 2018AS.....52xx
So it's Asia category around five thousand.

First my wife and I both participated in the lottery. My birth country is eligible. Hers is not. So she use my birth country to attend. Result, I didn't get picked. Her case get picked! Which is good. And turns more questions...

We are in US currently so AOS is one of our choice. She is H1b and I'm f1-opt.
I want to ask for opinion if we go AOS will there be any issues? Like it might risky because the number? I'm not sure about 52xx is a safe number for AOS or not. Please advice.

Thank you all. And good luck y'all.

Hi all.

First my wife and I both participated in the lottery. My birth country is eligible. Hers is not. So she use my birth country to attend. Result, I didn't get picked. Her case get picked! Which is good. And turns more questions...

I want to ask for opinion if we go AOS will there be any issues? Like it might risky because the number? I'm not sure about 52xx is a safe number for AOS or not. Please advice.

I also want to ask. I heard that (if AOS) when the number is current, then it's time to mail out 485form. However, mailing out 485 does not 100% guarantee will get GC. It may be deterred by local office or stay for a while in somewhere. And when the 485 form is final being processed, if it is already passed 2018/09/31. Then everything is gone....no GC. Is that correct?

Hi all.

Good number, no problems, fine for AoS. Theoretically they should treat you BOTH as principal selectees (education proof on both) but as it is AoS I doubt the FO will even know that nuance.

I also want to ask. I heard that (if AOS) when the number is current, then it's time to mail out 485form. However, mailing out 485 does not 100% guarantee will get GC. It may be deterred by local office or stay for a while in somewhere. And when the 485 form is final being processed, if it is already passed 2018/09/31. Then everything is gone....no GC. Is that correct?

Yes - that is correct - but rather than freaking yourself out - take some time to read the linked spreadsheet on the first post of this thread. Everything is fine....