• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Yes I know but what can I do I gave my finger print I’m still waiting my interview date help me
Okay, please calm down. That's the very first thing you need to do. I was getting anxious too after a month and I still didn't receive my Appointment Letter. But panicking doesn't help.

If you refer to the DV 2018 Timelines Spreadsheets, you could see clearly that the time/duration between the Biometrics and receiving the Interview Appointment Letter varies a lot from applicant-to-applicant. So it may just be that yours is taking longer. IF you really are that worried, please schedule an INFOPASS Appointment with your closest USCIS office. That's the time when you can ask directly a USCIS Immigration Officer for a status update on your case.

hi im living dallas I am seleceted of green card for diversity immigrant visa program for 2018.I did everything and I gave my finger print on 23 april.Im still waiting my interview date.Is it normal to take to long?I am not getting infopass appoinment.Thera are no available day.What can I do except waiting
thank you

Yes, the processing time you’re experiencing is normal. Which country are you chargeable to? In order to get an infopass slot, you’ll need to keep searching at different times of the day, including around midnight and early hours of the day, between midnight and 2am/3am.

It's definitely my own fault and for whatever reason, it's something we completely forgot/missed until now. I know that originals are requested for the Interview and what I was hoping was to see if there's other options, given how much time we have left etc. and from your experience / what you may know.

Thank you

Err on the side of caution, have your family courier the B/C over. There’s no other option if the IO decides he/she needs to sight the original of all the documents you have.

Yes, the processing time you’re experiencing is normal. Which country are you chargeable to? In order to get an infopass slot, you’ll need to keep searching at different times of the day, including around midnight and early hours of the day, between midnight and 2am/3am.
I took infopass appointment thank you so much I hope they can help me

Hi mom
I went to uscis field office
She told me I will send mail a women
When She is gonna back to me
I will call you Monday
What is that
This is ok?

Err on the side of caution, have your family courier the B/C over. There’s no other option if the IO decides he/she needs to sight the original of all the documents you have.

Posting my experience here from this morning's InfoPass appointment in case there's someone else who's in the same boat as me.

I had an Infopass Appointment this morning and I asked the USCIS Immigration Officer what I should do with regard to the Original Birth Certificate.

Here's the summary of the answer she gave me: mail it to myself from my Home Country if possible and bring it to the Interview, BUT if let's say the Original Birth Certificate is missing or lost, then bring whatever I have with me (I have the scanned copy of the Original Birth Certificate and the Certified Translated copy as well) and tell the IO the truth. The Officer I talked to said that if she was the IO, these two, to her, would be enough to prove that I was born in the Country and on the Date I claimed/stated in my application. But again, it all will depend on the IO.

In march
I sent my file in March 20
And I gave my finger print on 23 april
My case number 130xx

Last edited by a moderator:
In march
I sent my file in March 20
And I gave my finger print on 23 april
My case number 130xx

1. I edited your post, no need to post your full CN.
2. Exercise some patience. Book another INFOPASS appointment in advance for the first week of August. If your IL hasn’t shown up by that date, then go back to your FO to follow up. It’s possible your background check is yet to clear, hence the interview delay you’re experiencing.

Hello Mom
I am actually worried about my case and don't really know what to do anymore. My CN is AF48xxx and I received my 2NL for August interviews when AFRICA went current last month. I even sent my chech for the DV fee and waiting for the receipt before sending out my AOS package. Now according to the last VB for september that came out the final number is 39500 for AFRICA and my CN is way above that.
1) Should I keep going with my process?
2) Do you think there's any chance for me to still get an interview in this case?

Thank you

Hello Mom
I am actually worried about my case and don't really know what to do anymore. My CN is AF48xxx and I received my 2NL for August interviews when AFRICA went current last month. I even sent my chech for the DV fee and waiting for the receipt before sending out my AOS package. Now according to the last VB for september that came out the final number is 39500 for AFRICA and my CN is way above that.
1) Should I keep going with my process?
2) Do you think there's any chance for me to still get an interview in this case?

Thank you

Because you were yet to file AOS when the AF CNs retrogressed, I honestly don’t think there’s any hope of your petition being approved if you go ahead and file now, your CN is above what is currently “current”. I’m sorry regarding how messed up this year’s processing has turned out. But if you want to take a gamble and hope it turns out for the best, then you can proceed by submitting your AOS package.

Because you were yet to file AOS when the AF CNs retrogressed, I honestly don’t think there’s any hope of your petition being approved if you go ahead and file now, your CN is above what is currently “current”. I’m sorry regarding how messed up this year’s processing has turned out. But if you want to take a gamble and hope it turns out for the best, then you can proceed by submitting your AOS package.

Okay thank you for your time and support during this process Mom and good luck for those who are still waiting for their interviews.

To mj06753,
I wanted to share something with you. I am in Houston as well. I had an infopass today, my second one. The officer today and the previous one were very knowledgeable and helpful. You might have talked to someone who didn't know what he/she was talking about. They both could see my file is with the IO and ready to schedule an interview (there is only one IO in Houston trained to adjudicate DV cases). They also both could see my background check has cleared. The first one back in June told me I would receive an interview letter any day. Since I haven't received it, I had my second infopass today. So this is important for you to know. The one from today went to talk to the IO that adjudicates DV cases. She came back saying the office in Houston is back logged and that is why they haven't scheduled DV interviews these two months. The supervisor is the one who assigns days for DV interviews. And that they had assigned August 7 for pending DV interviews. So she told me that with a 99.9% certainty that would be the day and my interview letter should arrive within the coming days. I assuming yours as well.
Good luck!

Thanks DD, that is great news. It seems like the officers you saw at infopass were knowledgeable for the DV cases. I did make the enquiry so hopefully that comes back with the same response and we both get interviews on August 7.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

hi mom, so based on the last visa bulletin, I miss out for Oceania region by about 100. I had my AOS package ready but I guess there would be no point point in submitting it right?
Anyway thanks for all your help up to date!