• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
I received my interview letter to be late July.
My questions are:
1- do I have to take extra documents like (tax, pay stubs , bank statement etc) or just provide documents that they ask for as mentioned above.
2- I sent the original receipts of $330 with package by mistake, is it enough to take a copy.
3-I have’t I-94 records for my entry to US, and it is not required by them in the interview letter, entry stamp is quite enough to avoid any delay or may send me a RFE that might effect my process ?
Thanks

1) Read the spreadsheet: AOS Process, row "Step: Attend the interview", column: "Comments", then in the same row column: "Cautions"
2) You don't have the original anymore. Is there any other option than taking the copy...?
3) see 1) and unless you came to US long time ago, you can download I-94 from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

Hi Mom,
I received my interview letter to be late July.
They required to bring this documents:
1-Valid photo ID
2- passports with immigrant visa stamps and any other expired passports.
3-original birth certificate with English translation.
4- receipt notice for I-485 and/or other pending application.
5-proof that I paid the $330 to Kentucky service center.
6- proof of education (high school or above).
My questions are:
1- do I have to take extra documents like (tax, pay stubs , bank statement etc) or just provide documents that they ask for as mentioned above.
2- I sent the original receipts of $330 with package by mistake, is it enough to take a copy.
3-I have’t I-94 records for my entry to US, and it is not required by them in the interview letter, entry stamp is quite enough to avoid any delay or may send me a RFE that might effect my process ?
Thanks

1. Common, this is not rocket science. Do you think it makes sense to do the barest minimum to pass an exam, or to take the extra steps of over-preparing to ensure all your basis are covered? You take everything and anything you think may help your case and be prepared to present the information when asked?

2. Take the copy.

3. I don’t know, you’ll find out at the end of your interview.

Hi Mom,

I received access to the Timeline file and started inputting my information and I was just wondering:

1) What is the difference between the Field Office and the Application Support Center?
2) How do I know which ones they are for me? Based on nearest location?

Thank you!

Hi Mom,
Do I need the 2NL and DV fee payment receipt to submit the AoS application? Although my CN from Aisa will become current in August, I haven't still received the 2NL. Likewise, according to my bank, the cashiers check for DV fee payment has been cashed but I haven't received the receipt. So I am wondering if I should wait for these document to submit the AoS application.

Hi Mom,
Do I need the 2NL and DV fee payment receipt to submit the AoS application? Although my CN from Aisa will become current in August, I haven't still received the 2NL. Likewise, according to my bank, the cashiers check for DV fee payment has been cashed but I haven't received the receipt. So I am wondering if I should wait for these document to submit the AoS application.

You can submit the package without the 2NL. I however do not recommend doing so without the DV administrative payment receipt. When did you make the payment? Did you include a SAE with the payment?

You can submit the package without the 2NL. I however do not recommend doing so without the DV administrative payment receipt. When did you make the payment? Did you include a SAE with the payment?

Thanks. Payment was made on June 18th. I included a SAE with the cashiers check.

Thanks. Payment was made on June 18th. I included a SAE with the cashiers check.

Strictly my experience so far....
My receipt also didn't arrive when I decided to submit the package. Do you have a photocopy of that cashier check? We kept a copy and attached that cashier check copy with a small note explaining the situation.

It was not a problem for me for the process of my case, I got an interview , however I didn't have a decision yet for my case.

Typically takes about 2 to 4 weeks to get back the payment receipt. However you can email KCC and request an electronic copy of the payment receipt which you can use for your AOS package.

Hi mom,

My husband had to fly out of state for a work assignment post our interview, so I was not aware of this. He now told me, at the end officer said , he will finalize this case by this Friday( That means Today). We tracked our case today evening, nothing changed so far.

My questions are,
1) If he is going to send a letter asking for documents, does that letter come from his local USCIS or main USCIS office? We forgot to ask that from him.
2)If that is the case, can we see a status change online ' like RFE ' ?
3) After he finalizes our case, ( if approved) does he request Visa from USCIS main office?
4) Do we get final decision by his office or from the main USCIS? ( ex : like CPO)

At the end, he even asked me if I have any questions about the future process, but i didnt remember these at that time.
Thank you mom.

Hi mom,

My husband had to fly out of state for a work assignment post our interview, so I was not aware of this. He now told me, at the end officer said , he will finalize this case by this Friday( That means Today). We tracked our case today evening, nothing changed so far.

My questions are,
1) If he is going to send a letter asking for documents, does that letter come from his local USCIS or main USCIS office? We forgot to ask that from him.
2)If that is the case, can we see a status change online ' like RFE ' ?
3) After he finalizes our case, ( if approved) does he request Visa from USCIS main office?
4) Do we get final decision by his office or from the main USCIS? ( ex : like CPO)

At the end, he even asked me if I have any questions about the future process, but i didnt remember these at that time.
Thank you mom.

1. There’s no such thing as USCIS main office. Each FO independently decides the outcome of the petitions under their jurisdiction.
2. Not likely.
3. Visa request is done online.
4. Again, no such thing as USCIS main office.

Clarify what you mean by “out of state” - out of the State you guys are based in or out of the US?

Typically takes about 2 to 4 weeks to get back the payment receipt. However you can email KCC and request an electronic copy of the payment receipt which you can use for your AOS package.
Thanks. KCC replied saying they received the payment but processing the receipt may take another 7 days.