• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi again Mom,

1. I have received the DV fee receipt of $330 through e-mail but have not yet received the physical one and it's been a month now. What should I do?

2. I submitted the form i485 along with G1145 over a week ago, my carrier notified that the package was delivered the next day but I have not received the text message or e-mail from them about receiving it yet. Is that normal?

1. Nothing. The emailed receipt serves the same purpose as the mailed one.

2. Yes. You will get the notification when USCIS considers your package officially accepted which is regardless of when your courier delivered the package.

Hello! :) I did a walk in Biometrics appointment today with my son at the USCIS Detroit field office. The people working where not to pleased that I came before my scheduled appointment, but made an exception and let me do my biometrics anyways... few! I had a couple questions regarding my appointment today.

1. On my NOA I have a code 5 and I got my picture taken, had to sign and only scanned 4 fingers on my right hand at the same time. Is this normal? I thought all 10 fingers needed to be scanned?
2. On my sons NOA there was a code 2 and he only took a picture. Are toddlers only required to take a picture? I just want to double check :)
3. I received my sons NOA and my NOA stamped, dated and signed. Not all the lines of the stamp where filled out by the field officer, is this okey?
4. Regarding my scheduled biometrics appointment the 7/6/2018, do I still need to attend this appointment or am I all set?

Hello! :) I did a walk in Biometrics appointment today with my son at the USCIS Detroit field office. The people working where not to pleased that I came before my scheduled appointment, but made an exception and let me do my biometrics anyways... few! I had a couple questions regarding my appointment today.

1. On my NOA I have a code 5 and I got my picture taken, had to sign and only scanned 4 fingers on my right hand at the same time. Is this normal? I thought all 10 fingers needed to be scanned?
2. On my sons NOA there was a code 2 and he only took a picture. Are toddlers only required to take a picture? I just want to double check :)
3. I received my sons NOA and my NOA stamped, dated and signed. Not all the lines of the stamp where filled out by the field officer, is this okey?
4. Regarding my scheduled biometrics appointment the 7/6/2018, do I still need to attend this appointment or am I all set?

Stop over analyzing what they did or didn’t do, if there’s any kind of issue with your captured bio, as in your prints are unreadable hence they can’t conduct a proper background check, you will be asked to come in and redo the bio.

You already did a walk, the scheduled appointment is no longer valid/relevant.

Stop over analyzing what they did or didn’t do, if there’s any kind of issue with your captured bio, as in your prints are unreadable hence they can’t conduct a proper background check, you will be asked to come in and redo the bio.

You already did a walk, the scheduled appointment is no longer valid/relevant.

Haha okey.. Its hard not to over think everything :D:rolleyes::p

Hi mom,
How are you ?.
I just received an e-mail and texts from the Uscis, the told me that they accepted my case and they Sent my receipt number by text and e-mail, they told me that I will receive the official I-797 ( notice of action) in 7-10 days, I will put the information in timeline in spreadsheets after I will finish this process.
Thank you so much for your help.

Hello mom,
We had our interview two days ago. It was slightly different than expected. He interviewed us separately ( we were given different times). He took me first and was extremely nice. He only asked for my driving licence and then went over I-485 YES/NO questions only. He didn't ask for any documents. I told them I have all the originals with me. He said, he doesn't need any now, but he will look at the documents he has in his file for our case and send me a letter. Then he took my husband separately.It was similar with him too and only asked for his drivers licence and went through I-485 YES/NO only.

Our experience was extremely nice, only disappointment was we had all documents with us including every minor detail covering for the past 7 years ( original files and separate copies for each original file, we took them in a carry on luggageo_Oo_Oo_O ).
But now we had to wait more for a decision.

Waiting is hard, we are trying our best. I will keep you posted.

1) Our current plan is to wait for 2 weeks and schedule an infopass meeting. Do you have a different suggestion?

Thank you mom for your support and time.

Last edited:
Hello mom,
We had our interview two days ago. It was slightly different than expected. He interviewed us separately ( we were given different times). He took me first and was extremely nice. He only asked for my driving licence and then went over I-485 YES/NO questions only. He didn't ask for any documents. I told them I have all the originals with me. He said, he doesn't need any now, but he will look at the documents he has in his file for our case and send me a letter if he needs any documents. Then he took my husband separately.It was similar with him too and only asked for his drivers licence and went through I-485 YES/NO only.

Our experience was extremely nice, only disappointment was we had all documents with us including every minor detail covering for the past 7 years ( original files and separate copies for each original file, we took them in a carry on luggageo_Oo_Oo_O ), but we had to wait more for a decision.

Waiting is hard, we are trying our best. I will keep you posted.

1) Our current plan is to wait for 2 weeks and schedule a infopass. Do you have a different suggestion?

Thank you mom for your support and time.

Two weeks post interview is too soon to be chasing after a decision IMO, but follow your guts if you must.

I forgot to add, officer mentioned he always try to finalize DV cases soon . He was fully aware of the time line.

This (and additional information from your interview account) makes me think you you’ll be getting a decision soon.

Hi Mom,
My wife is a DV 2018 lottery winner and we are currently going through the AOS process. We just had our first baby. If we put our child on medicaid,
1. Would that be considered as receiving public assistant for me or my wife?
2. Will it be a problem for our case?

3. Is it enough if we take our tax filed forms for previous 3 year? Are those the once you have mention as tax return transcript in your spreadsheet?

Thank you!!!

Hi,
Did you get an info-pass for walk in Biometrics?

Thanks.

Hi Mom,
My wife is a DV 2018 lottery winner and we are currently going through the AOS process. We just had our first baby. If we put our child on medicaid,
1. Would that be considered as receiving public assistant for me or my wife?
2. Will it be a problem for our case?

3. Is it enough if we take our tax filed forms for previous 3 year? Are those the once you have mention as tax return transcript in your spreadsheet?

Thank you!!!

1 & 2: The current administration’s new definition of public charge (yet to be implemented though) will consider both you and your wife as constituting a public charge based on this.

3. Request tax transcripts directly from the IRS. You may be able to order this online - check their website.

hi mom.
I did an early filling in 06/20 and today the check cashed.
1-Is this mean they accept the early filling???
2- Does AOS process recive 2NL?

thank you so much

hi mom.
I did an early filling in 06/20 and today the check cashed.
1-Is this mean they accept the early filling???
2- Does AOS process recive 2NL?

thank you so much

1. Yes.
2. AOSers who submits DS260 receives 2NL. Mind you, AOS 2NL is different from CP 2NL.

I remember some time ago someone posted a picture of a letter they received requesting proof of financials, and the letter clearly stated they only needed ONE from a list. But I can't find it now. Can someone help me? Thank you.

Hi Mom,
I received my interview letter to be late July.
They required to bring this documents:
1-Valid photo ID
2- passports with immigrant visa stamps and any other expired passports.
3-original birth certificate with English translation.
4- receipt notice for I-485 and/or other pending application.
5-proof that I paid the $330 to Kentucky service center.
6- proof of education (high school or above).
My questions are:
1- do I have to take extra documents like (tax, pay stubs , bank statement etc) or just provide documents that they ask for as mentioned above.
2- I sent the original receipts of $330 with package by mistake, is it enough to take a copy.
3-I have’t I-94 records for my entry to US, and it is not required by them in the interview letter, entry stamp is quite enough to avoid any delay or may send me a RFE that might effect my process ?
Thanks

1 & 2: The current administration’s new definition of public charge (yet to be implemented though) will consider both you and your wife as constituting a public charge based on this.

3. Request tax transcripts directly from the IRS. You may be able to order this online - check their website.

Thank You!!