• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hey mom, I have question please. After sending the package to Chicago lockbox, how long the time to receive the note that the package is recieved and check is cashed. Thank you mom for your help.

Hey mom, I have question please. After sending the package to Chicago lockbox, how long the time to receive the note that the package is recieved and check is cashed. Thank you mom for your help.

Please check the Timelines spreadsheets to see the average processing times others have reported.

Leave the middle name section blank if you have no middle name. If you write N/A for middle name, an assumption would be made that is your middle and your GC will show up with N/A as middle name.

You’ll need to use your discretion to know when to use N/A, Known, or leave a selection blank.
Thank you.

I have one more question I am currently working then what can I write in Dates of employment: From : will be the date I started and what will be in To: date?

Hello Mom,

My husband has been selected for 2018 fiscal year, and his case number is EU34xxx. We are currently living in the States. We both have F-1 visas. Next month my husband’s visa will be expired. We have two options; first, he can apply for the change of status for F-2, or we can go back to Turkey and he can apply for the F-2 visa in the consulate.

Since his case number is very high, we did not think to apply for green card. But earlier pages you mentioned that you saw some cases that which went to current in September and got a green card before September 30th. We did not start any kind of process yet.

My question is, what is our chance to go current in September and to get a green card with AOS process? Even though our case number go current in September, do you think there will be a visa for us? You know, 14000 visas have been issued for EU and by the end of the August, the quota for EU may be reached, if there is no redistribution.

Also, we will use Chicago lockbox.

If we have a chance to get a visa by AOS process, we will apply for the change of status now. If we don’t have any chance, we will go to Turkey and apply for a consulate visa.

Sorry for my long question. If you can help me, I will be appreciated.

Hello Mom,

My husband has been selected for 2018 fiscal year, and his case number is EU34xxx. We are currently living in the States. We both have F-1 visas. Next month my husband’s visa will be expired. We have two options; first, he can apply for the change of status for F-2, or we can go back to Turkey and he can apply for the F-2 visa in the consulate.

Since his case number is very high, we did not think to apply for green card. But earlier pages you mentioned that you saw some cases that which went to current in September and got a green card before September 30th. We did not start any kind of process yet.

My question is, what is our chance to go current in September and to get a green card with AOS process? Even though our case number go current in September, do you think there will be a visa for us? You know, 14000 visas have been issued for EU and by the end of the August, the quota for EU may be reached, if there is no redistribution.

If we have a chance to get a visa by AOS process, we will apply for the change of status now. If we don’t have any chance, we will go to Turkey and apply for a consulate visa.

It is VERY unlikely that his number will be reached.

HI mom
Still no response from my inquiry but today I received an i-485 interview letter. It's at the Manhattan office at 7:30am .I'll have to wake up extra early to make it.
Anyways it's for 7/31 and they want evidence of financial support ( I submitted an I-134 but I also have a job now so I'll get some pay stubs ). They want the original i-134 with proof of citizenship. everything else is crossed out on the form.

I had scheduled an info pass for next friday. Don't think I should attend now that I got the letter.

Will keep everyone updated.

HI mom
Still no response from my inquiry but today I received an i-485 interview letter. It's at the Manhattan office at 7:30am .I'll have to wake up extra early to make it.
Anyways it's for 7/31 and they want evidence of financial support ( I submitted an I-134 but I also have a job now so I'll get some pay stubs ). They want the original i-134 with proof of citizenship. everything else is crossed out on the form.

I had scheduled an info pass for next friday. Don't think I should attend now that I got the letter.

Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for the update. Apparently, Manhattan wants to conduct their own interview. Be extra prepared this time around, take all the I-20s you've been issued with since coming to the US, full transcripts covering all years of study, school payment receipts/class registrations - anything you can think of that shows your yearly progression of study, indicating you never went out of status at any stage. Good thing you're now working (congratulations on that), so yes take along your employment letter and pay stubs. But I still recommend taking along the original copy of the I-134 you submitted with your AOS package, and the supporting documents such as the W2 of the person that filled out that I-134 and their proof of status such as copy of their US passport, or GC.

And yes, no need to attend the Friday infopass. You should cancel that appointment so that someone else can make use of it.

Best of luck!

Hello Mom,

I don't know what the chances of your CN going current are, my response would have been wait and see, just like Simon more or less already indicated above.

Hello mom, does they required evidence of financial support and can they reject the application based on that? Thank you

Hello mom, does they required evidence of financial support and can they reject the application based on that? Thank you

Did you go through the AOS process spreadsheet before filing?

Yes your petition can be denied if they think you're likely to become a public charge and you're unable to overcome that.

Hi Mom,

I'd like to request access to begin entering in my info on the timeline. Please could you grant me access?

Thanks!

Can you post your timeline here buddy.

No! I don’t recommend people do that. The spreadsheet is the right place for posting timeline information. This ensures the information is preserved and available for others to refer to in the future.

Hi mom,

I received a letter from my F.O inviting me to an appointment in regards to my application. It looks so simple....Is this the real interview letter?
It has office location
Date and time;
Reason for appointment; Interview in relation to form i485 , application to register permanent residence or adjust status.
Bring with you;passport, state id, i94,ead and snn if applicable,

Cc;E -98
Form G56

Hi mom,

I received a letter from my F.O inviting me to an appointment in regards to my application. It looks so simple....Is this the real interview letter?
It has office location
Date and time;
Reason for appointment; Interview in relation to form i485 , application to register permanent residence or adjust status.
Bring with you;passport, state id, i94,ead and snn if applicable,

Cc;E -98
Form G56

Yes that’s your IL. Of course you’ll be better prepared and attend the interview with more evidence/supporting documents than the letter states.