• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

thank you !! what do yo mean by post interview chekcs ?

I don’t know exactly but there are still clearly checks that happen after. It’s rare but we have heard of cases where people have been told they are approved in interview but then refused a visa. We’ve also heard of people who have been contacted after and told to follow up with another document. This is why they tell you never to do anything irrevocable until you actually have the visa in hand.

thank you Brit!!I got information from someone who got his interview in Paris and he told me it can last between 2 and 10 days. AP can refer to the time taken by the embassy for preparing the packet and also stamping the passport with a visa stamp.

Yes, these procedures normally only take a couple of days.

thank you !! what do yo mean by post interview chekcs ?

Post interview checks involve additional background checks using the fingerprints and thumbprints captured at the time of the interview. The pre interview background check is a name and biographic check only.

Post interview checks involve additional background checks using the fingerprints and thumbprints captured at the time of the interview. The pre interview background check is a name and biographic check only.

Sometimes other things too re what is submitted at interview, I know of a case or two where follow-up was done on the education documents submitted.

if someone else is facing the same problem, I found what does AP means on the website of US embassy in japan :

This status (AP) includes:
  • The visa issuance process (visa has been approved but not yet printed)
  • Pending for additional documents/information
  • * Administrative Processing (See below for details
* Additional Administrative Processing:

If applicants are advised at the time of their interviews that their cases require additional administrative processing, they may check the status of their visa application on the Embassy website here

I plan to go to the US in 1 month to activate my GC then come back there in Jan. Should I be there to receive the card ? or I can give them a friend's adress ?

Hi,

I have a little concern : I am living in the US but I am going through the CP process so doing interview in my home country (France). When I requested my french PCC I put my parents' address to avoid any delay so I received it (at my parents' address) but (of course) it’s my parents' address on it (I just saw it as I arrived in France today, other information being correct: name, DoB, etc.), does it matter?

Thanks

Hello !! someone can tell me what is Class B res Attn of usphs at POE? the doctor told me everything was ok, I mentioned during the intrrinte that I had brain stroke 10 years ago. So you mean it's due to this. ?
PS : it's not on my Visa it's on another document...

Last edited:
Hello !! someone can tell me what is Class B res Attn of usphs at POE? the doctor told me everything was ok, I mentioned during the intrrinte that I had brain stroke 10 years ago. So you mean it's due to this. ?
PS : it's not on my Visa it's on another document...

(it's also on my Visa)

The annotation means you have a class B none infectious respiratory (TB?) medical condition which requires further check up in a US Public Health System.

The purpose of that annotation is to alert the IO that processes you at your POE to let you know you need to book an appointment within a short period of time following your admission, at your nearest public health system for further checks to truly rule out the condition is indeed none infectious.

The annotation means you have a class B none infectious respiratory (TB?) medical condition which requires further check up in a US Public Health System.

The purpose of that annotation is to alert the IO that processes you at your POE to let you know you need to book an appointment within a short period of time following your admission, at your nearest public health system for further checks to truly rule out the condition is indeed none infectious.
Thank you ! I'm sure I dont have TB, I just mentionned my stroke and that I take medecine since 5 years due to a stomach problem...I'm really worried about this :(

I'm sorry Mom it's not Class B res Attn of usphs at POE but Class B req. ATTN of usphs at POE...I'm really sorry for the mistake...maybe related to my medical history...

Thank you ! I'm sure I dont have TB, I just mentionned my stroke and that I take medecine since 5 years due to a stomach problem...I'm really worried about this :(

I'm sorry Mom it's not Class B res Attn of usphs at POE but Class B req. ATTN of usphs at POE...I'm really sorry for the mistake...maybe related to my medical history...

Okay. It still means you have a class B medical condition which didn’t render you inadmissible to the US BUT requires additional check ups to be conducted by the US Public Health System. Go through the following link for 9 FAM 302.2 (U) INELIGIBILITY BASED ON HEALTH AND MEDICAL GROUNDS - INA 212(A)(1) to read more about medical exams and conditions:
https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM030202.html

If the panel physician had determined the condition to be a Class A medical condition, you would have been found ineligible for admission on medical grounds.

Okay. It still means you have a class B medical condition which didn’t render you inadmissible to the US BUT requires additional check ups to be conducted by the US Public Health System. Go through the following link for 9 FAM 302.2 (U) INELIGIBILITY BASED ON HEALTH AND MEDICAL GROUNDS - INA 212(A)(1) to read more about medical exams and conditions:
https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM030202.html

If the panel physician had determined the condition to be a Class A medical condition, you would have been found ineligible for admission on medical grounds.
Thank you mom, I'm more worried about my health condition rather than the admission :(

Thank you mom, I'm more worried about my health condition rather than the admission :(

That’s why they’ve recommended check up in the US. You’ll be provided with more information about the medical condition then. Getting worried over something you don’t know or have no control over isn’t isn’t going to change the condition, right?

That’s why they’ve recommended check up in the US. You’ll be provided with more information about the medical condition then. Getting worried over something you don’t know or have no control over isn’t isn’t going to change the condition, right?
yes :) thank youu