• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Related question @SusieQQQ (more as a "For Information" to anyone in this situation) - how would an application go if the wife is pregnant and gives birth after the interview but before activation?[/QUOTE
and by the way i didn`t get an answer about my CN is low or high?
The baby just needs a birth certificate and passport and will be automatically processed for a green card on arrival. Because some airline staff are not au fait with all the rules, getting a transportation letter from the embassy confirming this would be advisable before travel.[/QUOTE
Thank you but
By the way you didn`t answer my question about My CN AF00019*** is it good number low one?? which month you think i will be interview.

Hi

I just had a question. My case number is mid 500's and am yet to submit my DS260 as I am trying to fill in as accurately as possible and also trying to push my interview (if I am granted one) past a certain date. If I were to submit lets say around July end or mid August by when would I expect to be interviewed?
And also just out of curiosity, those that have a higher case number but submit their forms before I do, does that mean they get first priority when it comes to getting interviewed etc..

Many thanks :)

Hi

I just had a question. My case number is mid 500's and am yet to submit my DS260 as I am trying to fill in as accurately as possible and also trying to push my interview (if I am granted one) past a certain date. If I were to submit lets say around July end or mid August by when would I expect to be interviewed?
And also just out of curiosity, those that have a higher case number but submit their forms before I do, does that mean they get first priority when it comes to getting interviewed etc..

Many thanks :)

When do you WANT to be interviewed?

Sometime around March or April next year.

Then you should submit around early December.

By that time the DS260 will be taking 1 to 2 months to process, so you might make March (scheduled in January), but if not, you would be in April. There is no risk in that plan.

Hi,

My Case number is 8XX. I have already submitted my DS260 in early May-16. Two questions:

(1) If I change my name in Australia, do I need to unlock and resubmit DS260?

(2) I want to be interviewed as late as possible, preferable July/August, so what should I do? If I unlock DS260 and can I submit DS260 after 6 months later, will they this an issue?

(3) DS260 once unlocked, can DS260 be resubmitted 6 months later?

1) Yes. And, at interview, you will need to prove the change in name. So either a Change of Name certificate or a new birth certificate that lists all names. You will also need to ensure that your Police Check has your former name(s) and current name on it.

2 and 3) Simon has previously given you advice on this. http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-gc-question-student.331498/#post-2433806

Edited to add: just be aware that, when you get to August / September interviews, if you get put into Administrative Processing, it may not complete by September 30 and you will lose your chance for a visa. So make sure your paperwork is in order. :)

Last edited:
Hi team, I'm CN 4XX, based in New Zealand. I finally submitted my DS260 yesterday (on the 4th of July no less). I was wondering if being assigned an interview is based on when the DS260 is submitted, or if my CN number has any bearing on this? Anyone got a rough guess when my interview could happen?

Hi team, I'm CN 4XX, based in New Zealand. I finally submitted my DS260 yesterday (on the 4th of July no less). I was wondering if being assigned an interview is based on when the DS260 is submitted, or if my CN number has any bearing on this? Anyone got a rough guess when my interview could happen?

The interviews schedules are governed firstly by case number. However, no case can be scheduled until the DS260 is processed. In the past two years DS260 processing backlogs have meant that processing times times have quickly become 4 and 5 month waiting periods. However, since there are fewer selectees this year, that "might" be less this year - we won't know for a while. So - I think Emily is right about December, possibly January. A November interview is a BIG stretch since your DS260 would need to be processed by early September (2 months) AND your case number would have to be current.

Hey guys

Just needed a bit of help with one little thing.

So I was completing the DS260 and under the Education section it asks me for the number of institutions I attended. I wrote 3. However, there was one which I only attended for 6 months before making a switch to another university and I am unsure of what to write in the Certificate/Diploma/Degree Received. For now I have written Not Applicable but was wondering if there is something more appropriate which I could write instead of that.

And also a bit of confusion in the address section. I have lived at one address for as long as I remember and hence I wrote that as for my present address having only changed it when I moved to study. So when it says "Started Living Here", should I write it from when I was born, or the day I moved back after completing my uni?
And also since it asks for all the addresses I have stayed at beginning when I was 16, should I write one when I was 16 till 18 which is basically the same address as my present address?

Any insight into that would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys

Just needed a bit of help with one little thing.

So I was completing the DS260 and under the Education section it asks me for the number of institutions I attended. I wrote 3. However, there was one which I only attended for 6 months before making a switch to another university and I am unsure of what to write in the Certificate/Diploma/Degree Received. For now I have written Not Applicable but was wondering if there is something more appropriate which I could write instead of that.

And also a bit of confusion in the address section. I have lived at one address for as long as I remember and hence I wrote that as for my present address having only changed it when I moved to study. So when it says "Started Living Here", should I write it from when I was born, or the day I moved back after completing my uni?
And also since it asks for all the addresses I have stayed at beginning when I was 16, should I write one when I was 16 till 18 which is basically the same address as my present address?

Any insight into that would be greatly appreciated :)

For the education, enter the name of the course (e.g. Computer Science) and if it was more general, write "general education".

For the address, just make sure both addresses are there, don't stress about it too much.

I have asked this question before (it's a very very common one I know, sorry!) but it was prior to the release of the global selectee count. I would like to interview ideally in early Jan 2017 and not before Christmas. Case number is OC2xx. Am I right to submit the DS-260 in late September/early October to have the best chance at this? Thanks again in advance!

I have asked this question before (it's a very very common one I know, sorry!) but it was prior to the release of the global selectee count. I would like to interview ideally in early Jan 2017 and not before Christmas. Case number is OC2xx. Am I right to submit the DS-260 in late September/early October to have the best chance at this? Thanks again in advance!

You're likely to miss January doing it that way. Interviews are scheduled around 2 months in advance (so December interview letters are sent out in October) and interviews are not scheduled until the DS forms are processed. That's the trickier bit, as past years have shown anywhere from 1 to 4 months for processing , also dependent on when in the year you submit vs when everyone else has (when they get backlogs). Etc. So the chances of your fine tuning to a particular month will be more luck than skill. You'll probably be more easily able to avoid interviewing before December than specifically getting a January interview. Also, you'll never be able to fine tune timing it early or late in a particular month - because it just doesn't work that way - once you're scheduled in a month there doesn't seem to be much case number order.

Yeah as Susie says, you are not going to hit that 3 week window. Avoiding December will be easier, but to be safe on that you probably need to think of a February interview. End of September cannot make a December date, but will most likely miss January too.

Also - you cannot predict when in the month your interview will fall - although in Sydney at least you can predict it will be on a Tuesday. :)

Hi Guys, I'm CN4XX, from NZ. Thanks so much for all the info on this thread, very informative and helpful. I have 3 questions:

1) Do you need to select "yes" on the DS260 for a criminal conviction if you have been pulled over for a speeding ticket and been give a fine and demerit points?

2) my gf is American and we have been living in Aus and NZ over the last couple of years (with her on a work and holiday visa). Will there be any concern for me mentioning this that may come across negatively in the interview? Would prefer to disclose but don't want to hurt my case/chances.

3) I worked at a summer camp in the states on a J1 visa a few years ago. Thinking back on it I never ended up setting up a SSN while I was over there as the camp assured me that it was not necessary. While looking into SSN's for this I was wondering whether this may be an issue? Maybe this is too specific but would love to hear if anybody has come across this.

Thanks!

1. I said 'no' as did my husband, and we both had one speeding fine each. I think it's because - in Australia at least - they are considered infringements and, by paying the fine, you admit guilt but you avoid a conviction. If you don't pay the infringement and it goes to court and you are convicted, then that WILL show on your check.

2. I don't think they will ask you about this but, if they do, I can't see it being a problem.

3. I'll leave this one for wiser heads but my gut instinct says it won't be an issue.

Thanks for the response Emily. Definitely an overwhelming process that is probably more straightforward than people make it.

1) Thanks... I will leave my DS260 as is

2) Thanks... Not really sure why I thought this would be an issue. I more meant as giving this as my reason for moving over there and as the place I will stay (her parents) when I first arrive. But I can't imagine it would be an issue

3) This may be something that somebody else has come across? If not I am sure it will be a non issue.

Cheers!!