• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

This question is a for a mate who has stayed in the France for sometime now. However, he lost his passport and has obtained a new one. 1) How does he show evidence that he lived in France since he will need to show that he traveled to France and Spain. 2) Should he list the places he's been to? 3) what will they need to do the background checks then?

This question is a for a mate who has stayed in the France for sometime now. However, he lost his passport and has obtained a new one. 1) How does he show evidence that he lived in France since he will need to show that he traveled to France and Spain. 2) Should he list the places he's been to? 3) what will they need to do the background checks then?

1. No, he's not expected to present evidence of the places he's been to or lived at.

2. Yes he's required to list places he's lived at.

3. He needs to be accurate with filing out the DS-260 form - that information will be used to do the initial background check. Additional checks will be carried out after the interview (following the biometric capture - that is after the embassy gets his thumbs and finger prints).

Thanks. This is because in his eDV, he stated that he lived in Kenya for the "Where do you live today". He was in France then on a visit because he thought it was about his address. I am sure that will be a basis for denial. Will it?

Thanks. This is because in his eDV, he stated that he lived in Kenya for the "Where do you live today". He was in France then on a visit because he thought it was about his address. I am sure that will be a basis for denial. Will it?

Why would that be a basis for denial? His response is correct. He's required to provide information on places he's lived and a PCC may be required depending on the duration of the stay. Now, trying to hide the fact that one has lived somewhere else will be a basis for denial if that person gets found out.

That is brilliant. So although he stated when he was filling the eDV that he was in Kenya, will they not check the history and see that they were inconsistencies in the eDV and the DS 260. For instance, he stated as at Oct 23rd to the question "Where do you live today" Ans: Kenya on the eDV. And then in the DS 260 Answer to have you lived anywhere other than the address since the age of sixteen Ans: June 2015 to November 2015. Will they not see the inconsistency in it?

That is brilliant. So although he stated when he was filling the eDV that he was in Kenya, will they not check the history and see that they were inconsistencies in the eDV and the DS 260. For instance, he stated as at Oct 23rd to the question "Where do you live today" Ans: Kenya on the eDV. And then in the DS 260 Answer to have you lived anywhere other than the address since the age of sixteen Ans: June 2015 to November 2015. Will they not see the inconsistency in it?

Why there is an inconsistency? People move all the time, and visiting somewhere and living somewhere is not the same thing.

Where I find the inconsistency is that Oct 23rd falls within the June 2015 to November 2015. He claimed he was in Kenya by then to the question on the eDV "Where do you live today". But he was in France. He is sitting by me behind the computer and your advice will be so much appreciated. He is willing to take your advice over mine. Thanks

Where I find the inconsistency is that Oct 23rd falls within the June 2015 to November 2015. He claimed he was in Kenya by then to the question on the eDV "Where do you live today". But he was in France. He is sitting by me behind the computer and your advice will be so much appreciated. He is willing to take your advice over mine. Thanks

Again, there's no inconsistency in the information he's provided. He was out of Kenya sometime between June and November - he's listed that. He's done the right thing. Don't over think the process.

When he listed NA, there was still a place to fill the rest of the details.

Well then he shouldn't write NA if the rest of the field is designated as required fields. He can simply leave the section blank. There can't be an address if one isn't employed/working, right?