• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

From the instructions for selectees:

https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas.

Suggest you remember this above from the instructions when you decide to 'hope all is well' at the interview.

Miracles do happen

Maybe they happen elsewhere, but COs have rule books for this.
Anyway, your money, your risk. Just make sure the money you spend on the medicals and interview is money you can afford to lose, because you don't get anything back when you get denied.

I will explain why at the time of filling the form I was unable to include them

OK - so you will be disqualified. Your fees will be lost. You are free to waste your own money - and no one here has any involvement in your case, but just so you know you WILL be disqualified. There is no doubt at all.

No, I intend to present my case during the interview.

I will explain why at the time of filling the form I was unable to include them

1. So when you fill out the form, you plan on selecting:
Single for marital status
Zero for number of children
That is officially committing a crime known as immigration fraud. That is material misrepresentation.

2. Not having a marriage certificate (while it may be an acceptable reason for not listing a spouse) does not justify your failure to list your children on your eDV registration form.

Just so you know, in case you failed to read the previous link I earlier on provided you with, immigration fraud is often sanctioned with a life time ban from the US. The form you're filing is an official record that will speak against you. No amount of explaining will cause the CO to bend the rules or make an exception in your case.

Go ahead and try your luck, if you so wish, but be aware of the possible consequences.

And if you do experience a "miracle" as you're hoping to, please come back and share your interview experience - if for nothing else, but to prove us wrong.

1. So when you fill out the form, you plan on selecting:
Single for marital status
Zero for number of children
That is officially committing a crime known as immigration fraud. That is material misrepresentation.

2. Not having a marriage certificate (while it may be an acceptable reason for not listing a spouse) does not justify your failure to list your children on your eDV registration form.

Just so you know, in case you failed to read the previous link I earlier on provided you with, immigration fraud is often sanctioned with a life time ban from the US. The form you're filing is an official record that will speak against you. No amount of explaining will cause the CO to bend the rules or make an exception in your case.

Go ahead and try your luck, if you so wish, but be aware of the possible consequences.
Yes, a pity that not at least biological children were listed on original eDV entry. The marriage issue might potentially be explainable/resolvable, yet natural children born to her are of course impossible to resolve retroactively within applicable DV rules. Between a rock and a hard place now - disqualification or committing immigration fraud with all potential implications. And yes, the moment of truth will come with any DS-260 submission.

OK - so you will be disqualified. Your fees will be lost. You are free to waste your own money - and no one here has any involvement in your case, but just so you know you WILL be disqualified. There is no doubt at all.
Yes, a pity that not at least biological children were listed on original eDV entry. The marriage issue might potentially be explainable/resolvable, yet natural children born to her are of course impossible to resolve retroactively within applicable DV rules. Between a rock and a hard place now - disqualification or committing immigration fraud with all potential implications. And yes, the moment of truth will come with any DS-260 submission.
Ok I will try next time