• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

Nothing you can do to rectify this. The only sensible thing to do is to forget about this selection and try again for DV2019 in Oct/Nov.

By the way, here's a response I just have to someone with a similar situation on the Ghanian Thread. Read, it's also applicable to you:

Your best bet is to forget about this selection and try again for DV 2019 in Oct/Nov.

If you insist on processing this selection, you will be engaging in what is known as immigration fraud - since you will be claiming you're single and have no kids which is a lie. If your background check reveals this, you will be facing a lifetime ban from the US. If the background check some how misses and you get issued with a visa, you will never be able to bring your family to the US. If after coming to the US they now find out you misrepresented yourself in order to get your GC, that GC will be revoked and you will be deported.

am a selectee but the issue is i did not give details of my spouse and children

From the instructions for selectees:

https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas.

When applying I was not legally married, I did not have a marriage certificate

Well, how about the kids you failed to also list? Plus did you have a traditional marriage that was/is recognized by the laws of your country. Simply not having a marriage certificate isn't a way out.

Well, how about the kids you failed to also list? Plus did you have a traditional marriage that was/is recognized by the laws of your country. Simply not having a marriage certificate isn't a way out.
They had indicated legally married

They had indicated legally married

Hmmn, that's not true. The eDV form did not say anything like that AFAIK. The listed options were/are:
Unmarried, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Legally Separated.

And here's a link to a sample form showing precisely what the options were:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/eDV_Sample.pdf

I had no documentation to prove am married

The form did not even say anything about having any documentation to prove one is married during the registration. I believe you're simply grasping at straws right now to justify why you entered the DV as single when you're clearly married.

Assuming the justification you're trying to make is acceptable, how about the children you left off the registration? How does not having a marriage certificate justify their omission from your registration?

O
Hmmn, that's not true. The eDV form did not say anything like that AFAIK. The listed options were/are:
Unmarried, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Legally Separated.

And here's a link to a sample form showing precisely what the options were:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/eDV_Sample.pdf

The form did not even say anything about having any documentation to prove one is married during the registration. I believe you're simply grasping at straws right now to justify why you entered the DV as single when you're clearly married.

Assuming the justification you're trying to make is acceptable, how about the children you left off the registration? How does not having a marriage certificate justify their omission from your registration?
Ok, so I should not bother with the visa application

O

I can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do, I can only point out the DV process facts based on what I know. You make the decision as to what to do on your own. Your case, your call.

O

Just to add to Sm1smom's very sound advice, if you were to proceed processing your original eDV application by continuing to claim that you had no children while in fact having had older legal children - whether you were married or not at the time, you would be committing visa fraud that could result in a lifelong ban. Even if you were not found out at the time of DV visa processing, you never would be able to bring wife & children to the US at a later stage and your Green Card/subsequent Citizenship could be revoked if found to be based on fraudulent information at a later time.

I will present my case during the interview for the visa, hope all will be well.
Sure. Just make sure to present your information truthfully. Have you already submitted form DS-260 and if so, what information did you provide in respect to the subject matters discussed? Good luck!