• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I never received my 2NL. I submitted my Ds260 on September 12th, and my number is current in May.
Is this email necessary? Should I request a new copy from KCC?

Hi,
My number was just posted on Visa Bulletin as current for April. I have a couple of questions.
1. Can you please post sample 2NL letter? I had submitted DS260 on December 8 and received confirmation letter right away. I assume it is not 2NL.
2. I did send a money order for Diversity Visa Lottery fee with a letter that includes my DV number, name and address. However did not note DV number on the money order. Can it cause an issue with processing my payment?
Thanks.
Hi AI92, did you ever receive your 2NL? What was the subject of the email?

Thanks for the helpful response. A follow-up question: My sponsor is changing his job in the first week of April and I am planning to submit my AOS package next week. I believe the I-134 should be correct on the date it is signed, so he has to fill in the details of his current employment. But that information will not be valid at the time of my interview. Does this matter? Do you suggest me to include his new job offer letter as well, just to be in the safe side? Or, does that unnecessarily complicate the case?

Thanks.

Since your sponsor already has an offer letter for the job he's starting in April, use the information on it and include a copy of the employment letter.

I never received my 2NL. I submitted my Ds260 on September 12th, and my number is current in May.
Is this email necessary? Should I request a new copy from KCC?

Contacting KCC for the 2NL is a waste of time, they will tell you they don't send out 2NL for AOS. It's okay if you never got it, you can submit your AOS packs without the 2NL.

Contacting KCC for the 2NL is a waste of time, they will tell you they don't send out 2NL for AOS. It's okay if you never got it, you can submit your AOS packs without the 2NL.

I contacted KCC before seeing your message and they did send me a copy of the 2NL. I didn't call it a notification letter but instead a copy of the Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter.
They sent it to me very quickly!

I contacted KCC before seeing your message and they did send me a copy of the 2NL. I didn't call it a notification letter but instead a copy of the Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter.
They sent it to me very quickly!

That's great. Thanks for sharing. I suppose the key note when asking KCC about this is to not refer to it as a 2NL.

Had my INFOPASS today at the NYC field office. Was told that my application was set to "interview to be scheduled" around Feb 14 and that I'd need to wait another month or two for the interview appointment. Looking at other posts, I assume this is pretty normal feedback to receive at an INFOPASS?

So I am one of the AOS filers based on dv 2017. Its been a month I am waiting for the interview date but no luck. Then called USCIS for the information. They told me that I have to wait for a year to get interview as St Paul field office is processing case of 2016 march. I also told them I have time till September 30,2017 to use the opportunity but they told me the information is wrong.
Does anyone knows how long dv applicant waits for the interview?
Thank you!!

Had my INFOPASS today at the NYC field office. Was told that my application was set to "interview to be scheduled" around Feb 14 and that I'd need to wait another month or two for the interview appointment. Looking at other posts, I assume this is pretty normal feedback to receive at an INFOPASS?
Can you tell me how long you waited/waiting for your interview?

So I got my interview letter and it says if I'm filing based on marriage I should bring 3 of my current federal tax returns, current employment letter for both spouses, original birth certificate, photo id, etc. I'm not filing based on marriage I'm filing as the sole DV applicant. My question is I don't see where it tells me to bring the stuff that I need for the DV interview, was this letter sent by mistake? Even the second page of the letter goes into more marriage based filing info

Last edited:
So I got my interview letter and it says if I'm filing based on marriage I should bring 3 of my current federal tax returns, current employment letter for both spouses, original birth certificate, photo id, etc. I'm not filing based on marriage I'm filing as the sole DV applicant. My question is I don't see where it tells me to bring the stuff that I need for the DV interview, was this letter sent by mistake? Even the second page of the letter goes into more marriage based filing info

I think they have several templates to send out as interview letters, and I guess they don't have one for DV applicants, because the one they sent me explained the requirements as if I had applied based on employment. I thinks that is your correct IL. The spreadsheet explains what we have to bring with us to the interview.

My FO was Los Angeles, California. And I contacted KCC both by phone and by email, asking them if my FO had already requested them my file. Only by phone the representative told me that yes, and he gave me the exact day my FO had requested my file. After about a month since they got my file, they sent me the IL.

So I am one of the AOS filers based on dv 2017. Its been a month I am waiting for the interview date but no luck. Then called USCIS for the information. They told me that I have to wait for a year to get interview as St Paul field office is processing case of 2016 march. I also told them I have time till September 30,2017 to use the opportunity but they told me the information is wrong.
Does anyone knows how long dv applicant waits for the interview?
Thank you!!

You should take a look at the Timelines spreadsheets to get an idea of how long on average it takes the FOs to adjudicate DV based AOS cases. USCIS does not track DV based AOS cases separately so they always give the average processing time of all AOS cases when asked about timing

Relax, no cause for alarm. Looks like your FO is using a generic IL. The AOS process spreadsheet has a suggested list of what you can take along for your interview, plus you can use your own discretion too on what you should take, in addition to taking along the original copies of the documents you submitted.