• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Move by end of Feb - that means earlier is ok but you will have 6 months to activate your status after the visa is issued. Some people activate then leave to go back to the home country and then move finally a year after that.

Don't you mean by the end of April perhaps, based on an interview in Oct?
(Oct - Feb = 4 months)

Hello there,

What do you think would be the future influence of the relatively low number of selectees (84k) on chances of high CN numbers to get an interview?
I'm 2016AS00011XXX...

Hello everyone...My case number is 2016AS3XXX. What are my chances of getting the green card? Also, I have a dual citizenship of Canada and Nepal. Currently I reside in Canada. I was born in Nepal and hence I applied as a Nepalese. Would having a dual citizenship be a problem for this? Also, am I allowed to choose Montreal as my choice of location for the interview? Thank you!!

Hello there,

What do you think would be the future influence of the relatively low number of selectees (84k) on chances of high CN numbers to get an interview?
I'm 2016AS00011XXX...

Good question. Before predicting things like that, I'd suggest waiting until the numbers are released and the quota estimates are calculated. (Though it's been suggested that the quotas will be similar to DV2015.)

Hello everyone...My case number is 2016AS3XXX. What are my chances of getting the green card? Also, I have a dual citizenship of Canada and Nepal. Currently I reside in Canada. I was born in Nepal and hence I applied as a Nepalese. Would having a dual citizenship be a problem for this? Also, am I allowed to choose Montreal as my choice of location for the interview? Thank you!!

Everything you wrote there looks fine :)
ie your 3 questions in order are, high, no, yes :)

Everything you wrote there looks fine :)
ie your 3 questions in order are, high, no, yes :)

Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention that my wife is from Nepal and she is currently in the US on a student visa. Is it okay for her to apply for a Canadian tourist visa and then attend the interview at Montreal?

Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention that my wife is from Nepal and she is currently in the US on a student visa. Is it okay for her to apply for a Canadian tourist visa and then attend the interview at Montreal?

Are you asking from the perspective of a Canadian visa or from the perspective of her status in the US?
(In either case I am not qualified to answer though!)

As far as i know ...Nepal doesn't have any law that permits its citizen to have dual citizenship....As soon as u took canedian citizenship you are no more Nepali citizen ...as Nepal's point of view....but im not sure...what role it plays on EDV's status.

As far as i know ...Nepal doesn't have any law that permits its citizen to have dual citizenship....As soon as u took canedian citizenship you are no more Nepali citizen ...as Nepal's point of view....but im not sure...what role it plays on EDV's status.

Makes NO DIFFERENCE. Citizenship has no relevance at all for DV.
He was born in Nepal, therefore he charged to Nepal. That is absolutely correct according to DV rules. They don't care about anything else, doesn't matter to them what citizenship he does or doesn't have now.

Nepal's none recognition of dual citizenship for Nepalese does not invalidate the OP's eDV eligibility or eventual selection. The fact that the OP is born in Nepal, regardless of whatever other citizenship he has, is all that matters as long as the visa lottery eligibility is concerned.

Makes NO DIFFERENCE. Citizenship has no relevance at all for DV.
He was born in Nepal, therefore he charged to Nepal. That is absolutely correct according to DV rules. They don't care about anything else, doesn't matter to them what citizenship he does or doesn't have now.

Snap! Beat me to it by a couple of seconds :D:D

In view of the fact that you're based in Canada, I believe she can opt to process CP and have her interview in Montreal. She has a legitimate claim to use your Canadian address as hers and claim she's only studying in the U.S. if asked. Of course, she needs to get the Canadian tourist visa first, don't know how easy that part of the process will be for her.