• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

If DV4ROGER is still floating around here, I'd be interested to hear his estimates for visa quotas for 2016. Or even better, to know what method he used to crunch the numbers myself for the benefit if the reading public :)

Given no country changes the percentage splits will be in line with last year....

Yes it would be considered low. Almost certain to be current in October - so you are one of the people who might want to submit very soon. If I could I would somehow encourage high CN cases to delay their DS260 submission since it doesn't make sense to clog up the system with DS260s that will just sit on a shelf for a year. Yours is not one of those though.

However, does a move by end of Feb 2016 suit your life?

Thank you for your reply. I have a question, why do you say end of February? Would that be the earliest? Well it's for my brother's family and they have no problem emigrating at any time really. I suggested they come sooner because my 7-year old nephew would benefit from going to school and learning the language sooner. Other than that they could move at any time.

Thank you for your reply. I have a question, why do you say end of February? Would that be the earliest? Well it's for my brother's family and they have no problem emigrating at any time really. I suggested they come sooner because my 7-year old nephew would benefit from going to school and learning the language sooner. Other than that they could move at any time.

Move by end of Feb - that means earlier is ok but you will have 6 months to activate your status after the visa is issued. Some people activate then leave to go back to the home country and then move finally a year after that.

If you mean AF 30, then that will be current in October (August 2NL IF you submit your DS260 soon).

If you mean AF30XXX that is more likely to be next spring/summer.

Thanks Simon for the reply! Ah! sorry, I meant AF30xxx (I didn't know about the x's.) ;)

Someone told me I'll definitely be called. Do you agree? Such a relief that it's not this year because we need to save still! Even with the Quid on our side it's still a lot of dosh to come up with.

Also, when should we fill in our DS260? I opened it, saw the 74 pages and promptly shut it. LOL! Slightly intimidated! :)

you will have 6 months to activate your status after the visa is issued. Some people activate then leave to go back to the home country and then move finally a year after that.

This is what we are planning on doing. Head on over for a LSD trip and then come back home to London for a year to save some more. Hoping they don't give us grief about why we left for so long...

Thanks Simon for the reply! Ah! sorry, I meant AF30xxx (I didn't know about the x's.) ;)

Someone told me I'll definitely be called. Do you agree? Such a relief that it's not this year because we need to save still! Even with the Quid on our side it's still a lot of dosh to come up with.

Also, when should we fill in our DS260? I opened it, saw the 74 pages and promptly shut it. LOL! Slightly intimidated! :)

You can take your time to do the DS260. I have a guide which includes a link to instructions on filling in the DS2600. http://britsimonsays.com/dv-lottery-guide/

Number is totally safe by the way.

Move by end of Feb - that means earlier is ok but you will have 6 months to activate your status after the visa is issued. Some people activate then leave to go back to the home country and then move finally a year after that.

Oh ok, got it :)

A lot of that 74 pages is because they give an example for every possible way you can answer every question. It's really not that bad!!!

Seems that there are no high CNs.
Actually, this makes sense as there are only 84,000 winners.

Looks like all numbers are safe!

Dear friends, Nice to be part of this community. My wife and I applied for the DV 2016. Checked a couple of days back. I wasnt selected but my wife was. :)
Her Case number is 2016AS2xxx . I am confused though. We applied while we were in Cairo and we are both nationals of another african country. I am wondering what the 'AS' means in the CN. Shouldnt it be AF.

Thank you again.

Ok, so she should have an AS number (meaning Asian region, which includes countries in the Middle East) as her eligibility to enter the lottery is based on her country of birth, not where she lives, her nationality or where she submitted the original entry. You're all good!

Ok, so she should have an AS number (meaning Asian region, which includes countries in the Middle East) as her eligibility to enter the lottery is based on her country of birth, not where she lives, her nationality or where she submitted the original entry. You're all good!

You should apply to become night moderator Emily!