• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS, with the theory listed you could be one of the winners - if you would feel comfortable in giving me your details I could check it for you and trace the post/response - this is similar to what we have to do with the CEAC system - and that (CEAC) does not behave the same as 99.99999% of the other websites in the world - which makes view source a bit useless.

Needless to say - your choice - I won't be offended if you would rather not give the details, but if you do, PM or email to britsimon3 at gmail.

I'd be really interested to see if you discover anything from this.

CS, with the theory listed you could be one of the winners - if you would feel comfortable in giving me your details I could check it for you and trace the post/response - this is similar to what we have to do with the CEAC system - and that (CEAC) does not behave the same as 99.99999% of the other websites in the world - which makes view source a bit useless.

Needless to say - your choice - I won't be offended if you would rather not give the details, but if you do, PM or email to britsimon3 at gmail.

I can give you my loser entry if you want a comparison :) Feel free to change it to a win ;)

I also get session timeout...this is unnerving. I'm going to assume I haven't been selected; best bet rather than getting my hopes up. I'll check again in a few days anyway.

I've been getting the "Not Selected" since this morning. (living in SoCal atm)

Looking forward to hearing that its a glitch and that we may be selected in future.

EDIT: BTW, I applied 1st Oct

I also get session timeout...this is unnerving. I'm going to assume I haven't been selected; best bet rather than getting my hopes up. I'll check again in a few days anyway.

I think that's a healthy attitude to take. Plus, selectees haven't really won anything until they know what their CN is.

Yep! Good point...you aren't actually a winner unless you get a comfortable CN :p

Thanks for the link Simon. It would be nice to think that it means you're Selected, but I'm just going to assume it's the odd glitch, like what happened last year. It's just too exciting to think "Well, the successful page isn't loading properly, so that likely means I'm selected", and I *almost* want to believe it, the thought excites me, but no :/ I'll update on the weekend when I'll check again, and hopefully this is all sorted out.

Not that I think it matters, but I applied on October 19th. And for the record, this is my second time applying (not selected DV2015).

Hey all!
I'm a 2014 selectee who was disappointed like many others in that whole cutoff debacle of that year.

I've gotten the 'not selected' message today for the 2016 lottery :( - So has a friend of mine.
Still some hope though, you never know.

Sending all my positive vibes out to you guys!! - Especially those who have had the error messages :)
J

Long-time member, few-time poster, I'm also get session time out, has anyone actually reported that they won yet?

If it adds to the mystery or not, the first time I checked I got the "session timeout" page. The second time I got the "Not selected" page.

imho there is extra confusion because there are two types of session timeouts - normal timeout because millions of people are hitting the same web page at once, and "winning" timeout due to a technical issue with the winners page.

They wouldn't be manually creating letters for everyone and uploading, the whole thing would be database driven with an application stack dynamically generating the documents for viewing with your unique details based on the credentials supplied when "logging in".

I dare say there's probably some load balancers/application delivery controllers and the visible content for the unsuccessful applications doesnt require backend calls to the above mentioned application stack as it's just static content (same for everyone).

So, in plain English speak, given how web apps are typically deployed I suspect those getting the errors are successful and the error is due to something broken in that back end application stack used to do the dynamic document generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.