• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter? The draw is random. And if dates mattered people wouldn't have one spouse unsuccessful and one error.

it matters when there are problems, if any ... and I m not in mood of arguing ..sorry ... I assume questions are free to ask here..and obviously people do not need to answer if they do not want..and two spouses can submit on different dates.. the draw is random ..except like the one in 2012 ..good night !

Sussie, maybe the letters are uploaded from today and it takes a while to upload all those letters to the server? Would explain why they date them from today too. You are from SA too right?? Hopefull for those who are seeing this.

But it isn't like they didn't know this had to be done - the letters would probably have been uploaded already and the switch just gets turned on to enable the 2016 lookup.

it matters when there are problems, if any ... and I m not in mood of arguing ..sorry ... I assume questions are free to ask here..and obviously people do not need to answer if they do not want..and two spouses can submit on different dates.. the draw is random ..except like the one in 2012 ..good night !
Sorry you get offended by logic. Sheesh.

Bold and decisive. I like it. I've been through the wringer with DV2015 too much to be disappointed if you wind up being wrong. :)

CS, with the theory listed you could be one of the winners - if you would feel comfortable in giving me your details I could check it for you and trace the post/response - this is similar to what we have to do with the CEAC system - and that (CEAC) does not behave the same as 99.99999% of the other websites in the world - which makes view source a bit useless.

Needless to say - your choice - I won't be offended if you would rather not give the details, but if you do, PM or email to britsimon3 at gmail.

Sorry you get offended by logic. Sheesh.

I have not got offended by logic!!!!! Your answer is far from being logic...You are very rude , that is all it is... and I will stop here , as I do not want to be rude back! And I do not understand what have I done wrong ..I just asked a simple question and I got back a rude answer... The tone on which you answered is really not appropriate for a simple question that I asked.

I'm having the same trouble as a few of you when entering my details - I just get this:

10zpgt1.png

It's quite frustrating! I guess we can only hope there's some glitch happening - but who knows, only time will tell! Sorry to hear of everyone who got the DREAD 'NOT SELECTED' message :(

CS, with the theory listed you could be one of the winners - if you would feel comfortable in giving me your details I could check it for you and trace the post/response - this is similar to what we have to do with the CEAC system - and that (CEAC) does not behave the same as 99.99999% of the other websites in the world - which makes view source a bit useless.

Needless to say - your choice - I won't be offended if you would rather not give the details, but if you do, PM or email to britsimon3 at gmail.

PM on its way...

I have not got offended by logic!!!!! Your answer is far from being logic...You are very rude , that is all it is... and I will stop here , as I do not want to be rude back! And I do not understand what have I done wrong ..I just asked a simple question and I got back a rude answer... The tone on which you answered is really not appropriate for a simple question that I asked.

If it's any help, I'm a math tragic and I look for patterns in things too. I get where you're coming from. :) But it's likely not a thing with the dates.

If it's any help, I'm a math tragic and I look for patterns in things too. I get where you're coming from. :) But it's likely not a thing with the dates.

no, it is clearly not now...I was just thinking that it might be. I am not a winner this year, bc I get NON-selected very quickly .. so I am probably better staying off the forum, as I do not want to get any answer like I received so far. Good luck.

Please, go back and read my answer and explain what is rude about it. You asked a question. I asked why you thought it mattered, and explained - using logic - why I thought it didn't.

By the way the hint in 2012 that something was wrong was very clear very quickly because in many cases it was exactly that both spouses were selected. (Of course, most do enter on the same day because 99% of the time it is one spouse doing both entries.) They also corrected the draw software to ensure a random draw, and we have since had 3 years of no draw problems since then. As they are using the same software, I think it is pretty logical to assume the draw is random this year too.

I also am getting the technical difficulties message. My house who applied on the same day is getting "not selected" message

Status
Not open for further replies.