• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that information SusieQQQ, I'll just have to hold out for a couple of days and try again..

It would be kinda awesome if those that had the issues were the selected cases!

That is actually my emerging theory. If the "successful" website redirects somewhere that is having issues, that would explain why the "not selected" responses are not affected.

It would be kinda awesome if those that had the issues were the selected cases!

That is actually my emerging theory. If the "successful" website redirects somewhere that is having issues, that would explain why the "not selected" responses are not affected.

Having said that, DV-2016 did have a short period at the start where some applicants were given the incorrect selection notification. An email was sent out advising all applicants to re-check a few days later. So I think I will wait (with fingers crossed) for a couple of days and see what unfolds.

I ve never received any email last year to be advised on this, but I did check on 7-8 may 2015 (as I forgot about the lottery) and I got selected but still no interview ( higher CN)

But I do not recall of getting any email from anyone stating to re-check my information....

I really like this theory and I haven't even gotten around to making a tinfoil hat!

I think it's (potentially) got legs.

Last edited:
if there are problems , they will be solved probably..if not, that's it ... I think it is no point to go on with all sorts of assumptions...just wait few days and relax till then

Can one of you error-message people right click the page and view source and look for something interesting?
Also if (in IE) you could right click and choose properties and post the "Address" of the page? I'll compare it with my unsuccessful entry.

I'd be feeling a little excited if I was getting your error. It should be consistent with your wife..unless.. the page is attempting to display a different message, like a winning message.

Maybe you can do a "View Source" on the html?

Good plan. As soon as I get to a non-safari browser I'll take a look.

Can one of you error-message people right click the page and view source and look for something interesting?
Also if (in IE) you could right click and choose properties and post the "Address" of the page? I'll compare it with my unsuccessful entry.

Okay so the address that IE gives me is https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/(S(aiehwj2dnsip4fqdukwbfvli))/sessiontimeout.aspx

And I'd already checked the source code but nothing that points in the direction of successful or not.

Well worth a try - not much to glean from that.

But I'm going to call it - IMHO:

• not a single person in the world has received a winner's notification due to a technical issue
  • the unsuccessful people are actually unsuccessful
  • people who constantly receive errors on multiple devices/browsers are winners

Okay so the address that IE gives me is https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/(S(aiehwj2dnsip4fqdukwbfvli))/sessiontimeout.aspx

And I'd already checked the source code but nothing that points in the direction of successful or not.

I'd be surprised if you were able to get any information from that page source, given it's the equivalent of getting a "404 Error" web page. The actual page you were supposed to get failed, so the web server redirected you to a generic "Session Timeout" webpage instead.

• not a single person in the world has received a winner's notification due to a technical issue

Honestly that's what I'm thinking too but until I get confirmation I'm not letting myself get carried away!

Mijoro, you already checked for DV2016? I dare not check it as I saw most of people in this forum have not selected :(

Bold and decisive. I like it. I've been through the wringer with DV2015 too much to be disappointed if you wind up being wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.