• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They use a random number generator to assign CNs so nothing has been taken. The last person to submit is equally likely to have a good CN as the first person.

Please dont listen to this guy, he knows everything?", hes just playing it as idiots

Actually no, he's pretty much correct, and you should listen to him. There is no allocation of CNs based on when you applied, or any other function. You could have applied at the end of October, and still have as much chance of getting allocation CN 000001.

Actually no, he's pretty much correct, and you should listen to him. There is no allocation of CNs based on when you applied, or any other function. You could have applied at the end of October, and still have as much chance of getting allocation CN 000001.
U r right abt this, but did u read what he wrote? Hes begging for anyone if he can allocate him some low cn! Man all of u are new to this, i am so old , so old that we used to receive NL in regular mail starting March, so i am pretty sure i know what i am saying and what i am talking, so dont listen to that guy abt preselection or watsoever

Man all of u are new to this, i am so old , so old that we used to receive NL in regular mail starting March, so i am pretty sure i know what i am saying and what i am talking,

You're not the only one. I've been at this (on and off) for 12 years now.

The day I found we had won, I tiptoed downstairs to the computer at 5am. When it came up that we had won, I checked the number a further 5 times just to be sure. I then ran upstairs and jumped on our bed like it was a trampoline shouting 'WE WON WE WON WE WON'.

I walked on clouds for weeks after....:) Sending many good vibes for you all to have a trampoline experience next week.
I remember when I won last year. My Wife checked hers first and was disappointed again (8 years in a row) then she checked mine while I was making a coffee and was like oh well not to worry! She came back and was like you Won! you got selected! But I was not that excited and was in a rush to get to work! did not really hit me. She was so mad at me for the entire day as she thought I didn't care ha.

So with a matter of weeks until DV-2016 selections are released, I though I'd start a new thread for fellow DV 2016 Oceania winners (or those who missed out) to share thoughts, stories and progress.

Fingers crossed for all Oceania applications, and may your CN be low (but higher than mine).
Have you started this thread Matt? I think that a great idea to have one for the Oceania applicants. thanks

The day I found we had won, I tiptoed downstairs to the computer at 5am. When it came up that we had won, I checked the number a further 5 times just to be sure. I then ran upstairs and jumped on our bed like it was a trampoline shouting 'WE WON WE WON WE WON'.

I walked on clouds for weeks after....:) Sending many good vibes for you all to have a trampoline experience next week.
I can only imagine what joy you felt at the time.

Hello all!!! It's 'Emma' here- highly doubt any of you will remember me, except maybe Matt & IHeartNY!!! Haven't logged on since the epic disaster of 2014, and actually didn't even enter in 2015, but crossing my fingers for this week!!
I hope we're all lucky and get low CNs. When I won in 2013 I didn't even look at the case number- learnt my lesson on that one haha.
Oh also, I had to create a new account as my original one wouldn't let me reply to anything or create threads. Couldn't even PM anyone to ask about it. It kept saying I had 'insufficient privileges'. Does anyone know what that's about?
So nice to "see" some familiar faces!!!! :)

Hello all!!! It's 'Emma' here- highly doubt any of you will remember me, except maybe Matt & IHeartNY!!! Haven't logged on since the epic disaster of 2014, and actually didn't even enter in 2015, but crossing my fingers for this week!!
I hope we're all lucky and get low CNs. When I won in 2013 I didn't even look at the case number- learnt my lesson on that one haha.
Oh also, I had to create a new account as my original one wouldn't let me reply to anything or create threads. Couldn't even PM anyone to ask about it. It kept saying I had 'insufficient privileges'. Does anyone know what that's about?
So nice to "see" some familiar faces!!!! :)

Welcome back Emma. Oh, the lessons we all learnt from 2014 hey?

This time last year a failed upgrade of the forum software meant no one could post anything. I used to hang on VJ rather than here because of that error, however it went away after they changed to XenForo so I came back.

Surprised it's still happening.

Another DV2014 victim here, case number of 280x which obviously got nowhere close to becoming current. Not selected last year, see what fortunes this year brings. 14th year applying now I think (or 13th, lost count).

Another DV2014 victim here, case number of 280x which obviously got nowhere close to becoming current. Not selected last year, see what fortunes this year brings. 14th year applying now I think (or 13th, lost count).

Welcome back @neko83. Seems a lot of us with high 2014 CNs didn't make the cut for 2015. I think we all deserve low CNs for 2016, just to make it up to us :p haha

Hello fellow survivors of the legendary DV14 bloodbath. I hope time has healed your wounds. Good luck for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.