• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Everything that you showed at the interview is in the brown envelope. As Simon says, they won't ask you anything substantive, if anything at all.

Okay that's cool then. I didn't know what to expect and that seemed to worry me a little. Definitely at ease now.

A few of us have posted activation recaps. Perhaps search through the thread for those and then you'll have a better idea of how activation works.

For us, there were no questions. The officer just took our envelopes, did some admin, then handed our passports back and said 'Welcome to America'.

Greetings from New Orleans y'all! What an eclectic and beautiful city this is. I have a quick question - how long should I be waiting for my SSN to arrive at my nominated address before going into an office to make sure the application went through automatically or not?

Greetings from New Orleans y'all! What an eclectic and beautiful city this is. I have a quick question - how long should I be waiting for my SSN to arrive at my nominated address before going into an office to make sure the application went through automatically or not?

Welcome to the US! Yup, n'awlins is great :)
Opinions will differ but I'd say 2 weeks (10 working days) should be enough for it to arrive. They tend to come pretty quickly so longer than 2 weeks is probably an indication of a problem.

Welcome to the US! Yup, n'awlins is great :)
Opinions will differ but I'd say 2 weeks (10 working days) should be enough for it to arrive. They tend to come pretty quickly so longer than 2 weeks is probably an indication of a problem.

Thanks Susie, I will give it to the end of this week then (just a bit over 2 weeks) before going into an office in that case. :)

Wonderful news. So when is the big move?
Thanks @ LazyDoggie !! Not sure yet when we will make the big move, lots to do like selling house and all. Depending how all that goes we might do activation trip (before mid August) maybe to Hawaii or maybe go longer for activation trip to the mainland :)

Hi guys,

We just saw we are current for May @ the latest visa bulletin :):), so we are wondering what are the next steps..... shall we go ahead and book the medicals or wait for the 2NL first (any ideas when we should be receiving it)

Do wee need to contact the Sydney embassy at all? we already set up the account on their website

Many thanks

Sydney will contact you around three weeks before hand to confirm your interview time.

In the meantime, start getting your documents together. You can try and book the medical in now, but some of the doctors will want the 2NL before they will schedule a time.

Sydney will contact you around three weeks before hand to confirm your interview time.

In the meantime, start getting your documents together. You can try and book the medical in now, but some of the doctors will want the 2NL before they will schedule a time.
Hi Emily,
I have all my documents for a late April interview in Sydney except for police records.
I am unsure how to request it. Can you please advise how to request the correct records.
Thank you.

Hi Emily,
I have all my documents for a late April interview in Sydney except for police records.
I am unsure how to request it. Can you please advise how to request the correct records.
Thank you.

You get your police records via the AFP website: www.afp.gov.au. Everything can be done online. Just Select Code 33 when they ask what kind of check you want: Code 33 is the full disclosure check including both spent and unspent offences.

It should only take a week for it to be processed and mailed to you.

Hi Emily,

Thankyou for your post. I clicked the national polic check link on the main page and then to the application portal. However it was for ACT or commonweal employees. Where am I going wrong? Sorry to bother you again

You get your police records via the AFP website:Everything can be done online. Just Select Code 33 when they ask what kind of check you want: Code 33 is the full disclosure check including both spent and unspent offences.

It should only take a week for it to be processed and mailed to you.

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

This does not specify what you mentioned. Anyone can get the check done.

From the website (emphasis mine):
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) can only provide National Police Checks for:
  • residents of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Jervis Bay Territory and external Commonwealth territories
  • people seeking employment with the Commonwealth Government
  • people requiring a check under Commonwealth legislation
  • Australian immigration purposes
  • where the applicant resides overseas
  • overseas employment
  • overseas adoption
  • visa applications for overseas travel.