• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
New Thread for DV 2016 OC selectees to ask questions and share thoughts regarding the wild wind journey they're about to embark upon.

Best of luck to you guys!

omg I'm so excited!!! After all that speculation I'm so excited to finally have confirmation!!

After also being one of those getting that bloody 'timed out' message, I 'have been randomly selected.' Extremely happy with my CN as well.... 2016OC000003xx. But pretty lucky there's only 84,000 selectees - much greater chance of numbers going current this year I'm guessing?! This is absolutely a dream come true for me - I'm at a stage in my life where I really have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going, but the only thing that I've always remained sure of is that I knew I wanted to move to the US.

Congratulations on all the other winners and condolences to everyone that missed out. It's now 6:19am and I woke up from nerves of not being able to sleep properly - maybe I'll see if I resume my sleep (like that's going to happen now!) :p

omg I'm so excited!!! After all that speculation I'm so excited to finally have confirmation!!

After also being one of those getting that bloody 'timed out' message, I 'have been randomly selected.' Extremely happy with my CN as well.... 2016OC000003xx. But pretty lucky there's only 84,000 selectees - much greater chance of numbers going current this year I'm guessing?! This is absolutely a dream come true for me - I'm at a stage in my life where I really have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going, but the only thing that I've always remained sure of is that I knew I wanted to move to the US.

Congratulations on all the other winners and condolences to everyone that missed out. It's now 6:19am and I woke up from nerves of not being able to sleep properly - maybe I'll see if I resume my sleep (like that's going to happen now!) :p

Congratulations!!!

Hi there, amazing, source of info, thank you to all who contribute with the benefit of their knowledge and experience.

I was successful in the DV2016 lottery, and am absolutely thrilled! But have a few questions about my particular case. I'm currently living in the States on an E3 that is due to expire end of August 2015. My plan was to do an in-country extension through my company's lawyers and head back to Australia in November to get a new E3 visa. My number is relatively low for Oceania - 1xx. I'm now thinking I could do an AOS and not have to leave the States. My question is am I eligible for AOS firstly, am assuming I am as long as I apply before my visa expires in August? Then I'm wondering whether I can apply to extend my E3 if I've already completed an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status? Basically I'm not sure which I should do first? I don't want to be in the States without a visa, but I also don't want to do anything to jeopardise my E3 status in case I'm unsuccessful. Also can anyone shed any light on the timeframes involved, I know AOS takes longer than the alternative of heading back to Australia, but about how long am I looking at once my number has become available?

All help and advice much appreciated, and congrats to everyone who was successful and best of luck next year to everyone who wasn't!

Emily

Last edited by a moderator:

GRATZ!!! AT LAST I CAN finally say that wife and I are not selected :) GL to all and see you all in DV 2017

I applied from Kuwait as well.
Do you know if anyone won from Kuwait as of yet?

I honestly have no idea ... don't even know how to check who applied form where :) I'm new here and this is the first time i come across a DV forum last few days :)

Congratulation @violetion. What a great (low) CN to get after all this messing around.

Looks like I'm another one: 9XX. :)

Though with so few selectees, this probably puts me near the back of the queue! Hopefully it'll be OK...

You never know, you still might get in with the 2015 CN :) But that 2016 CN is a pretty good shot! Given past trends, it seems anyone <1000 should feel pretty safe?

Congrats to our winners!

I was a 9XX number and I interviewed in April. There is no reason why the same patterns won't be repeated in 2016.

They have just selected less. It doesn't mean they intend to process less. :) What is does mean, hopefully, is that we don't have the long tails that have no hope.

Last edited:
@Emily_E3, can you modify your post and change your case number to 1xx. Just for your own privacy as that data is public via CEAC.

Omg! 1st year I have entered and have been selected! So excited. Have a question about CN some1 said the lower the better what is considered low and what is high?

Omg! 1st year I have entered and have been selected! So excited. Have a question about CN some1 said the lower the better what is considered low and what is high?

It's debatable but me thinks CN's from 1 - 1450 are good for an interview for the OC region. Even better with 84000 selected.