• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Thank you Gods of Department of State for listening to my prayers. Feels good to be current!

It's a little faster than I'd anticipated, but the same thing happened last year. I expect a dramatic slowdown in the new year as late DS260 submissions are processed.

Hi all,

Just had a look at the October VB released today and was surprised by the figure of 400 for OC in November.

Does anyone have a rough idea how to estimate the lag from going current to being scheduled for an interview? I am just trying to get an idea of what date my interview would be (I am in the 500s).

Cheers

It's a little faster than I'd anticipated, but the same thing happened last year. I expect a dramatic slowdown in the new year as late DS260 submissions are processed.

Yup, I expect the same, but I still think OC will go current earlier than September.

Hi all,

Just had a look at the October VB released today and was surprised by the figure of 400 for OC in November.

Does anyone have a rough idea how to estimate the lag from going current to being scheduled for an interview? I am just trying to get an idea of what date my interview would be (I am in the 500s).

Cheers

Depends on when you submitted the DS260. From what we saw last month, people who had submitted by the end of May and had gone current managed to get in for an October interview, so there seems to be about a 2-3 month processing period right now. And also depends how high up in the 500s you are. The December cut-off could possibly be as high as 500, but I anticipate the increases will slow down by January...

Hi All,

In light of the November number being 400, I was wondering how the experts on this site thought the next few months might play out? For planning purposes I am trying to work out when I might go current. My number is 2016OC0000065x and I completed the DS260 on 10th May.

Do you think I'll have my interview in Sydney during Feb or maybe earlier? My availability to travel next year is going to be fairly limited and the best time for me will be during the last week in Feb / first week of March. Do you think it is likely that I would have had my interview by then?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben

Hi All,

In light of the November number being 400, I was wondering how the experts on this site thought the next few months might play out? For planning purposes I am trying to work out when I might go current. My number is 2016OC0000065x and I completed the DS260 on 10th May.

Do you think I'll have my interview in Sydney during Feb or maybe earlier? My availability to travel next year is going to be fairly limited and the best time for me will be during the last week in Feb / first week of March. Do you think it is likely that I would have had my interview by then?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben

Yeah - Feb/March ish. On a Tuesday....

Some OC winners have mentioned having their HSC results checked or commented on as part of the interview process. Do the level of marks achieved in the HSC have any bearing on the success of a DV application? My final HSC marks were only average due to one of my parents being very ill during my final year of high school. This did not stop me however going onto to graduate from University twice, with my last qualification being a Masters degree.

Not that we know of. We've had the CO ask about the results but not for the purposes of denial.

Usually results are checked to confirm the person successfully completed high school. It's not enough to have attended school, one needs to have passed as well.

Some OC winners have mentioned having their HSC results checked or commented on as part of the interview process. Do the level of marks achieved in the HSC have any bearing on the success of a DV application? My final HSC marks were only average due to one of my parents being very ill during my final year of high school. This did not stop me however going onto to graduate from University twice, with my last qualification being a Masters degree.

As mentioned in my little story, the girl checked every single mark, running her finger down the subject result list. However I didn't fail anything so I can't tell you what will happen in your case.

Hi folks,
Many thanks for your reply posts.
I must confess I did wonder about the definition of "successfully completed". I dug a little deeper into the State Dept. website which further states:
The diversity visa selectee must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country, sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission.
Whilst I technically failed a couple of my HSC subjects (by only a few marks), I still qualified for a place at University. Perhaps there was a lower level of exam results across the state that year. Not sure what this say's about the NSW education system!
Regardless, I qualify under the work experience route anyway. It may be an issue for other winner's however, if they struggle to meet the work experience criteria.
Scary to think though that a "technical failure" in the NSW HSC holds greater weight in the evaluation of a DV application than a Master of Science from one of the top five universities in the world…….

If you qualify via work experience, the educations matters for nowt.

The OCers are, by nature, determined, committed and smart which is why our forum members have had a 100% strike rate in 2015. My husband, who was the principal, did his education in England and the CO had no clue about A and O Levels. One look at his Oxbridge degree and the CO was done and happy.

We've even had a member pull off the ultimate in DV difficulty (cross charging eligibility to their parents). The ones who qualified on work experienced walked it in.

In short, I wouldn't sweat it.

Hi guys,
I just realized I did not put my high school information on the DS-260, I only wrote details of my bachelor degree and master degree..... would that be a problem? Is it necessary to amend the DS-260 or I can just call it out during my interview....

My case is SA9** so based in previous years my interview will be around Mar/Apr

Thanks for your help....

Hi guys,
I just realized I did not put my high school information on the DS-260, I only wrote details of my bachelor degree and master degree..... would that be a problem? Is it necessary to amend the DS-260 or I can just call it out during my interview....

Thanks for your help....

Considering having proof that you successfully completed high school is essential for being eligible for DV, I would unlock it and write it down.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help....

KCC flags cases with problems. Your case will be flagged as failing the High School requirement. Yes you finished high school and will show them at the interview but do you want to surprise them with that information? Also if it's a South American high school, Sydney may be uncomfortable with its US equivalence.

Education is something you really need to get right for DV.

Unlocking, fix, re-lock is almost no effort so you should do it and relax on interview day rather than stressing.

Thanks for your feedback guys, I just email KCC to get my form unlocked so I can correct it.
Do you think I will experience some delays for my interview? or even with the unlocking I should be on track for Mar/Apr interview....
Thanks