• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

It's an exciting / nerve wracking time. But, once you get it, you'll be like 'Heyo, what was I stressing about?'

Sydney is a very straight forward consulate. Have your paperwork in order and you'll be right.

Yes I just want to get it done, the waiting is killing me...
Can I have your thoughts on this: I got a police certificate from my original country (Venezuela) dated Oct 2014 and I have not been in Venezuela after Jan 2014, shall I get a new one because is too old? I think no because the one I have covers the whole period I was in Venezuela which is the requirement @ the instructions.... what do you think?
Thanks

It's up to you. Personally, if it were me, I'd get a newer certificate just to be on the safe side. You have plenty of time before your interview and it will be one less thing to stress about.

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum with a couple of questions about DV2016. I'm Australian, from Perth, but currently living in London on a youth mobility visa.

I was lucky enough to be selected in DV2016 and my case number is 2016OC66X. I'm hoping someone might be able to give me more of an idea of when my interview might be with a case number in the 600's? I'm in a bit of a tough spot regarding my interview location, as I have selected it to be in London, but my UK Visa expires in early January, so I will be heading back to Perth in the New Year.

I'm not sure if to be safe, I should change my interview location to Perth now, before my interview date is allocated - and then make sure I have the flexibility to get back there earlier in December if necessary. Does anybody have any experience with changing interview location? I want to be really careful that it won't result in my interview being pushed back.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! And congrats to everyone who is also a 2016 selectee!

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum with a couple of questions about DV2016. I'm Australian, from Perth, but currently living in London on a youth mobility visa.

I was lucky enough to be selected in DV2016 and my case number is 2016OC66X. I'm hoping someone might be able to give me more of an idea of when my interview might be with a case number in the 600's? I'm in a bit of a tough spot regarding my interview location, as I have selected it to be in London, but my UK Visa expires in early January, so I will be heading back to Perth in the New Year.

I'm not sure if to be safe, I should change my interview location to Perth now, before my interview date is allocated - and then make sure I have the flexibility to get back there earlier in December if necessary. Does anybody have any experience with changing interview location? I want to be really careful that it won't result in my interview being pushed back.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! And congrats to everyone who is also a 2016 selectee!

Welcome! The cut off for November interviews is 400 and there is probably zero chance the cut off for December will be in the 600s. So your interview will more than likely be in the new year - I would guess maybe Feb/March. To update your location I assume you'd probably have to contact KCC and get your DS260 unlocked and update it there?

Also - DV cases only process at the Sydney consulate so you would have to do it there. :)

Yes I just want to get it done, the waiting is killing me...
Can I have your thoughts on this: I got a police certificate from my original country (Venezuela) dated Oct 2014 and I have not been in Venezuela after Jan 2014, shall I get a new one because is too old? I think no because the one I have covers the whole period I was in Venezuela which is the requirement @ the instructions.... what do you think?
Thanks

Hi Carlos.
I am also a DV2016 selectee from Venezuela. Your case is similar to mine; I left the country in January. AFAIK if you have no longer stayed in Venezuela and your last PCC covers your entire period of residence there, then it's ok. I will also attend my interview with my own PCC a little old but covering all of my period of residence there. Just make sure the PCC of the country you are living in now is as recent as possible. Best of luck, mi pana!

Epa guarapa.....
Thanks for the advice bro, it does cover all the period I was in Venezuela so it should be OK in theory. Good to hear you got selected too.
Are you in Sydney?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how is the process at the interview when you have a spouse? I'm just wondering if both my wife and myself will have the interview at the same day/time or we will be processed separately.... any insights

Cheers

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how is the process at the interview when you have a spouse? I'm just wondering if both my wife and myself will have the interview at the same day/time or we will be processed separately.... any insights

Cheers

You will interview together. The interviews are typically very short and relaxed.

Epa guarapa.....
Thanks for the advice bro, it does cover all the period I was in Venezuela so it should be OK in theory. Good to hear you got selected too.
Are you in Sydney?

Hi mate!
No, I am currently in Chile and have appointed my schedule at Santiago Embassy. A different kind of experience anyway. Do you live in Sydney? Time ago I intended to migrate to Perth...

Yes guarapa we came to sydney 4 years ago and thanks god everything went well (amazing country and people).... but missing venezuela everyday.
we should have our interview in march/april as our number is sa9*** what about you??
I never dreamt of winning the lottery, I even thought it was not real as the chances afe really low.... really greatful it is all true

Yes guarapa we came to sydney 4 years ago and thanks god everything went well (amazing country and people).... but missing venezuela everyday.
we should have our interview in march/april as our number is sa9*** what about you??
I never dreamt of winning the lottery, I even thought it was not real as the chances afe really low.... really greatful it is all true
Hi Carlos
Our CN is SA7** and based on the statistics provided by Britsimon I would expect our interview to take place in January. We applied to the lottery every year in a row for 9 years (Yep, I started with this back in 2006, for the DV2008 process). I never gave up and it finally paid off... Good luck with your process! and keep posting everything you consider relevant, I am almost done with my docs except for the local police certificate, which should up to date to the most possible extent. Wait until Nov/Dec to ask for it.

I find this statement terrifying. Are all of these things we should set up prior to interview? (Minus the friends...)

In response to what does my husband do, he's in the field of user experience/design. I'll definitely check out that O*Net site.

So I have checked out that site and the closest would be graphic designer: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/27-1024.00 or 'Manager, other': http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9199.00

My husband did not complete high school, nor does he have a university degree - so this will be based solely on his comprehensive work experience. Do you think we might run into any pitfalls with regards to this? He has letters of recommendations and has 5-7 years worth of extensive experience relevant to his occupation (that others would study and complete degrees for) but I'm questioning what else we might need to pull together prior to the interview to best demonstrate this.

We completed the DS260 late May and our case number is in the early 500s... are we thinking a possible January interview?

Last edited:
Contracts, job descriptions, letters from employers. All help to prove that he qualifies on job experience. Both @Deb7a an @OC_EMS qualified on work experience. Perhaps message them for advice on how they did it?

Hi All,

I have a question regarding citizenship certificates. I have applied for one as a naturalised citizen but my wife was born and raised here; do I need to get one for her? Is it required? Did anyone else bother getting one if they were born in Australian and have lived here their whole life?

Ben