• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Dear Sm1smom, Can i make corrections to my Parents Name on i -485 at the time of interview? The Reason because of those Names are not exactly matching with there passports like First and Last Names. If i make any correction will delay in my case?
Thank you.

Dear Sm1smom, Can i make corrections to my Parents Name on i -485 at the time of interview? The Reason because of those Names are not exactly matching with there passports like First and Last Names. If i make any correction will delay in my case?
Thank you.

You can find out from your IO at the interview.

Hi sm1smom,
Me my wife and son had IV on Jan 6th, wife and son got GC in a wk or so, mine after all those months is stuck on finger print fee received, have had 3 info passes since then and 4th one is next wk, but all I get from them is that I need to wait more, at this point what would you recommend?
Thanks in advance

Hi sm1smom,
Me my wife and son had IV on Jan 6th, wife and son got GC in a wk or so, mine after all those months is stuck on finger print fee received, have had 3 info passes since then and 4th one is next wk, but all I get from them is that I need to wait more, at this point what would you recommend?
Thanks in advance

It seems like you might be stuck on AP. Now, if all they've been telling you is wait, without clarifying confirming whether or not you've cleared the background check, you should contact your congressman and ask them to do a case follow up with your FO on your behalf.

Since you already have an INFOPASS appointment for next week, I suggest you only contact your congress person if nothing positive outcome from that visit.

It seems like you might be stuck on AP. Now, if all they've been telling you is wait, without clarifying confirming whether or not you've cleared the background check, you should contact your congressman and ask them to do a case follow up with your FO on your behalf.

Since you already have an INFOPASS appointment for next week, I suggest you only contact your congress person if nothing positive outcome from that visit.
Thanks you, how do I reach congress person ?

Hi Mom and all! Big news, finally! Our case was finally approved this morning! ;)
My case status changed directly to "card production" but later changed to "approved"! Which I don't think is of any importance :rolleyes:

I want to thank Mom and every body else here.
I will update you on the GC!

Hi Mom and all! Big news, finally! Our case was finally approved this morning! ;)
My case status changed directly to "card production" but later changed to "approved"! Which I don't think is of any importance :rolleyes:

I want to thank Mom and every body else here.
I will update you on the GC!

Wow! Congratulations! I'm happy for you. Yep, that back and forth status change is not unusual, I did mentioned that on the spreadsheet, both most people miss the rapid back and forth changes when it happens.

Wow! Congratulations! I'm happy for you. Yep, that back and forth status change is not unusual, I did mentioned that on the spreadsheet, both most people miss the rapid back and forth changes when it happens.
Thank you Mom! You have been such a great mentor here! Your great information and tactics, besides your patience while hearing silly and repetitive questions from us, make you exceptional for some one like me!

Wish the best of all for you and anybody else (like Brit and ...) who is trying to help people in this forum!

Hi mom, I sent the package almost 3 weeks ago and no check cashed yet. Do you know if this can be usual around this time of the year? Do you think a call to USCIS would help?...
Thanks!

Hi mom, I sent the package almost 3 weeks ago and no check cashed yet. Do you know if this can be usual around this time of the year? Do you think a call to USCIS would help?...
Thanks!

It's not unusual to experience a long delay before there's any kind of notice. Now, if you're certain your forms were correctly filled and signed, and the right amount of payment was included, you'll be fine. A missing signature, wrong form of payment, etc are some of the reasons for a Lockbox rejection. Other than that, your NOA should show up soon.

You may give USCIS a call, but there's no guarantee they may be able to trace the package yet.

Our green cards arrived last Friday evening!!! Thank you so much to Sm1smom, Britsmon, and everyone else on this thread who has helped with advice and support. This journey is not an easy one, but having you all here along the way made it so much easier. THANK YOU!!! and best of luck to those of you still waiting.

After one month after receiving my GC as the main applicant, my wife and kids GCs arrived on Friday 6/10. Wow the process is over!! Thanks again for all the wonderful resources and the fantastic information given daily by Mom and Britsimon!!

It looks as though a few of us got cards last Friday. Sounds like they may have batched them up and then sent out.

I just wanted to leave this thought. At the end of the day, this DV and process, and ability for us on this forum to reside in the US, and then be give a chance to become LPR's is an absolute privilege! It is not a right. I can understand the process can be frustrating and stressful, we are all in different situations.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and going through the process!

Hi all,

Congratulations to all of you that received the GC! and thanks to everybody that posted their interview experiences.

I just wanted to update my timelime, I received the bio letter last friday.

Case Numer: SA11XX
Current: May bulletin (Actual June)
Lockbox: 5/2/16
NOA: 5/19/16 (Text/Email)
Bio Letter: 6/10/16
Bio Appointment: 6/24/16

Have a nice day!

Hi mom & all,
Still stuck with the same message on USCIS website for the case status "my case status does not recognize the receipt number entered. please check your receipt number and try again...." even-though we had our interview one June 2nd!!! any ideas?

Hi mom & all,
Still stuck with the same message on USCIS website for the case status "my case status does not recognize the receipt number entered. please check your receipt number and try again...." even-though we had our interview one June 2nd!!! any ideas?

Not completely unusual. It's probably because the case hasn't been updated. Anyway you can call the USCIS number and see what they have to say.