• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom,

This might have discussed before and if so please do point me to the right post, been trying to find the post that has the information I am looking for but not sure it exists. So my apologies if I am asking a question answered before.

I got my physical copy of the NOA on May 27th (dated May 21), I have been trying to look at the case status online everyday and the message I receive is "My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

1) I have checked that I am entering the correct numbers
2) Have checked in different browsers
3) Called today and entered the case numbers too and the voice said the same thing as the statement above

The spreadsheet indicates around a 15day average wait for the biometrics letter - which is where I am right now.

If I do not see my case online can still received a biometric letter in the next few weeks ? Or shoudl my case be visible online before receiving the letter?

Thanks

Mom,

This might have discussed before and if so please do point me to the right post, been trying to find the post that has the information I am looking for but not sure it exists. So my apologies if I am asking a question answered before.

I got my physical copy of the NOA on May 27th (dated May 21), I have been trying to look at the case status online everyday and the message I receive is "My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

1) I have checked that I am entering the correct numbers
2) Have checked in different browsers
3) Called today and entered the case numbers too and the voice said the same thing as the statement above

The spreadsheet indicates around a 15day average wait for the biometrics letter - which is where I am right now.

If I do not see my case online can still received a biometric letter in the next few weeks ? Or shoudl my case be visible online before receiving the letter?

Thanks

Nothing to worry about, what you're experiencing is not unusual. @Alyas reported the same problem not too long ago - as a matter of fact he/she wasn't able to track the case online even after doing the bio, only for his/her IL letter to show up shortly after as you can see from the post below:

Dear Smlsmom,, Like you said i have report a problem last Friday they said this will take a while to update and also they informed me even if it is not updated they have everything in their system,,,, but the Surprise News is,, I have Received an Interview Letter today in my mail box without any Online Updates or email or Text..interview will be on June 15 at 10:45 am..

@Sm1smom
Hi Mom! I had a question concerning my I-485 application. I had my interview back on may 17th,2016 for AOS.The interview went well but ever since I got my case number to check my status online it says "fingerprint fee received" and that is since february. It bothers me because I don't know exactly if I got accepted or there's complication. I wanted to know if it'll be okay if I tried to call the FO here in NY where I live to ask them about my case just to know what's going on? is that okay or I should wait a little bit longer? the problem is the longer I wait the closer we are to the fiscal year of sept 30th and I am scared that If I wait time may passes by and it will lose the chance to ask about my status.
Thank you.

Nothing to worry about, what you're experiencing is not unusual. @Alyas reported the same problem not too long ago - as a matter of fact he/she wasn't able to track the case online even after doing the bio, only for his/her IL letter to show up shortly after as you can see from the post below:

Okay Great - Thank you

@Sm1smom
Hi Mom! I had a question concerning my I-485 application. I had my interview back on may 17th,2016 for AOS.The interview went well but ever since I got my case number to check my status online it says "fingerprint fee received" and that is since february. It bothers me because I don't know exactly if I got accepted or there's complication. I wanted to know if it'll be okay if I tried to call the FO here in NY where I live to ask them about my case just to know what's going on? is that okay or I should wait a little bit longer? the problem is the longer I wait the closer we are to the fiscal year of sept 30th and I am scared that If I wait time may passes by and it will lose the chance to ask about my status.
Thank you.

Wait about for about one month after your interview, then do an INFOPASS if you like - you however can't call the FO directly, there are no listed numbers for the FOs.

Hi Mom and Simon, are we in danger of running out of visa numbers for Asia in this year? Also Mom regarding the congresswoman's answer (I know this is something that you and I dont see eye to eye but just a quick question) that I received says to wait until July 27th. How good USCIS keeping up with dates given to congresswoman do they work on it before or would they just keep the file in a side and not say anything. Also about a next infopass is it better to wait until July 27th or should I reserve one at the beginning of July

Hi Mom and Simon, are we in danger of running out of visa numbers for Asia in this year? Also Mom regarding the congresswoman's answer (I know this is something that you and I dont see eye to eye but just a quick question) that I received says to wait until July 27th. How good USCIS keeping up with dates given to congresswoman do they work on it before or would they just keep the file in a side and not say anything. Also about a next infopass is it better to wait until July 27th or should I reserve one at the beginning of July

All I've got to say is: P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E!

Edit:
Actually I will say a bit more. It's not a matter of you and I not seeing eye to eye on your decision to involve your congresswoman when you did. I'm basically telling you you're rushing to use up the available resources for case follow up, you simply need to learn to exercise some patience and give the system a chance to work. I happen to know what I'm talking about, I've personally been through the process and I've since then successfully guided a noticeable number of others through the process over the past couple of years!

Last edited:
All I've got to say is: P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E!

Edit:
Actually I will say a bit more. It's not a matter of you and I not seeing eye to eye on your decision to involve your congresswoman when you did. I'm basically telling you you're rushing to use up the available resources for case follow up, you simply need to learn to exercise some patience and give the system a chance to work. I happen to know what I'm talking about, I've personally been through the process and I've since then successfully guided a noticeable number of others through the process over the past couple of years!

I agree with Mom. You are probably making things worse by trying to push too hard - and you are using up "bullets" against the advice you've been given. So yeah, patience.

He
hello kchemist,
I was just reading your post, so you are in NY, I am in NY as well and waiting for interview notice, my visa no became current in May, I called KCC and they said my FO (NY USCIS) has not requested my visa and asked me to call USCIS and talk with supervisor, which I did and I got the email about my recent inquiry saying that they are waiting to get a schedule for interview. Looking at older post it seems like NY office particularly takes longer than other field office. And I am not getting what actual problem you had and about getting danger of running out of visa numbers for Asia, so you already had your interview right ?, and anything happened at interview for them to not approve your GC ? I know my concern may not be that serious but waiting to get interview and getting everything done by September is really stressful, I check my mail box twice a day and my mind is always full with this. Every time I read post from my DV friends in this forum, I like to say I feel you.

And.... this morning I get:
Card Was Mailed To Me

YAY!!!

Yeah!! I got, too.‼ Finally my husband's case status has been updated. I do not know why my husband's GC (he is DV Selectee) had been pending GC PRODUCTION since approval notice on the end of April. - I already received GC on 4/16.
We are looking forward to the mailman coming :*¨¨*:•...☆☆☆

Hi everyone! Today I finally did my interview at the San Francisco Field Office. I showed up 30 minutes before the interview and the IO was very very nice and did everything to make me feel comfortable. He asked me to repeat the information on the I-485 that I filed and asked proof of financial support. I showed my current contract that expire in July 1st and the offer of employment from July 1st that is obviously above the poverty guidelines. Then he told me I was the last case of the day for him and because of that he was eventually able to review my case and run the procedure of approval (to verify if there are still VISA available for Europe) on the system immediately if I could wait 15-20 minutes (obviously my answer was yes). So I did wait 15 minutes and he came back saying that he wasn't able to find the certified translation of my master of science (which I filed with all the rest of the paperwork) so I gave him another copy. At that point he asked me if with a master of science in my Country (Italy) we are required to do the high-school before and I said yes but he told me that he needed to verify that in their system. I stopped him saying "don't worry, I have the original of my high-school diploma and also a copy with me" and he was very relieved for that and he bring the copy in his office. 5 minutes after he came back saying "congratulations, you just got approved by the system! You should receive your card anytime between 1 to 4 weeks. Don't call before the 4 weeks has passed in case of delays". Few minutes after I received the status update "New card is being produced". As final notes I can add that my lawyer came with me since was in our initial agreement (no extra fee to pay) and that when he called the supervisor the month before to ask why was taking so long to get the IL, that the supervisor told him they asked to the KCC my file AND the receipt of the DV payment but they just sent back the confirmation of the win and not the receipt of the payment. I'm not sure if that was the truth because I called KCC the day after that famous call and they told me they received the request of my file that same day, never before. Another thing my lawyer told me is that many cases he had last month had delays on getting the plastic card and he called to ask clarifications and they told him that in the US they have 2 production centers to print the green cards and one was closed for over a month for maintenance, but now is open again and we shouldn't get delays (I can't confirm the validity of this information from my lawyer but I thought to ask and letting you know since I read that some people in this forum is having unexpected delays).
Finally I wanna thank everyone in this forum, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon, for the huge help and support provided FOR FREE. This procedure sometimes is slow and frustrating but yet they educated me properly to be ready for today! THANK YOU!!!!! And best of luck to everyone!!!!!

Yeah!! I got, too.‼ Finally my husband's case status has been updated. I do not know why my husband's GC (he is DV Selectee) had been pending GC PRODUCTION since approval notice on the end of April. - I already received GC on 4/16.
We are looking forward to the mailman coming :*¨¨*:•...☆☆☆

Sorry...I made a mistake ......Mine was delivered on 5/16 :p

Hi everyone! Today I finally did my interview at the San Francisco Field Office. I showed up 30 minutes before the interview and the IO was very very nice and did everything to make me feel comfortable. He asked me to repeat the information on the I-485 that I filed and asked proof of financial support. I showed my current contract that expire in July 1st and the offer of employment from July 1st that is obviously above the poverty guidelines. Then he told me I was the last case of the day for him and because of that he was eventually able to review my case and run the procedure of approval (to verify if there are still VISA available for Europe) on the system immediately if I could wait 15-20 minutes (obviously my answer was yes). So I did wait 15 minutes and he came back saying that he wasn't able to find the certified translation of my master of science (which I filed with all the rest of the paperwork) so I gave him another copy. At that point he asked me if with a master of science in my Country (Italy) we are required to do the high-school before and I said yes but he told me that he needed to verify that in their system. I stopped him saying "don't worry, I have the original of my high-school diploma and also a copy with me" and he was very relieved for that and he bring the copy in his office. 5 minutes after he came back saying "congratulations, you just got approved by the system! You should receive your card anytime between 1 to 4 weeks. Don't call before the 4 weeks has passed in case of delays". Few minutes after I received the status update "New card is being produced". As final notes I can add that my lawyer came with me since was in our initial agreement (no extra fee to pay) and that when he called the supervisor the month before to ask why was taking so long to get the IL, that the supervisor told him they asked to the KCC my file AND the receipt of the DV payment but they just sent back the confirmation of the win and not the receipt of the payment. I'm not sure if that was the truth because I called KCC the day after that famous call and they told me they received the request of my file that same day, never before. Another thing my lawyer told me is that many cases he had last month had delays on getting the plastic card and he called to ask clarifications and they told him that in the US they have 2 production centers to print the green cards and one was closed for over a month for maintenance, but now is open again and we shouldn't get delays (I can't confirm the validity of this information from my lawyer but I thought to ask and letting you know since I read that some people in this forum is having unexpected delays).
Finally I wanna thank everyone in this forum, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon, for the huge help and support provided FOR FREE. This procedure sometimes is slow and frustrating but yet they educated me properly to be ready for today! THANK YOU!!!!! And best of luck to everyone!!!!!

Nicely done!

The production center being closed sounds logical and fits with what we have seen....