• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

So technically speaking your case has only been pending for 2 months as far as your FO is concerned (regardless of the early filing) and that is still in line with the standard processing time for a DV based AOS petition.
So in your suggestion when is the best time to consult the congressmen/women

So in your suggestion when is the best time to consult the congressmen/women

You really need to allow the system to work as it's designed to. There's no hard and fast rule as to when one must contact the congress person for help. So far, I feel like you've been stressing over nothing. However feel free to contact your congress person now if you feel it will be of help - your case, your decision.

Welcome letters arrived today! What a nice surprise when I got home from work. Our online status still says Fingerprint Fee Received. I saw someone else in the same situation yesterday, so maybe it takes them a little while to update status online.

Best of luck to everyone waiting, it's a tough journey, but amazing once you get through it.

Thanks so very much to Sm1smom and Britsimon, you have been such wonderful help along the way and we couldn't have done it without you - well it would have been a lot harder at least.

ginasis, Sorry to bother you but im also on a F-1 visa and I wanted to ask you a question on the form I-134, did u have an official sponsor or you just showed your personal bank statements? Because I can't find any sponsor and Im thinking about my personal bank statement, do you think that will be enough of a proof to show on the day of my interview? thanks
Hi there, I actually did not show my bank statements, although I had them with me. I provided a sponsor and employment offer letters, though. Hope this helps. Maybe you can ask a friend to fill one out for you? Best of luck!

Welcome letters arrived today! What a nice surprise when I got home from work. Our online status still says Fingerprint Fee Received. I saw someone else in the same situation yesterday, so maybe it takes them a little while to update status online.

Best of luck to everyone waiting, it's a tough journey, but amazing once you get through it.

Thanks so very much to Sm1smom and Britsimon, you have been such wonderful help along the way and we couldn't have done it without you - well it would have been a lot harder at least.
Awesome news!!!!

Hi all! Just like _sair_ above, our 4 welcome letters arrived in the mail today, our interview was last Thursday, that was quick. Our status has still not updated on the web site.

The interview was last Thursday but it actually started the afternoon of the previous day. At the end of Wednesday I got a call from the IO. I missed it but on my voicemail, he told me who he was, reminding me about our interview the next morning and if I could bring my proof of payment for the DOS fee. That was the only thing he was missing. He sounded very pleasant and helpful.

The whole interview was quick and VERY pleasant. The IO asked if it was ok if my kids wait in the waiting room as he didn't really need to see them (they are teenage ages). After the oaths he just wanted to confirm our address, checking drivers licence and go through the Yes No questions as exactly on the I-485. After that he was talking about us thinking about citizenship in the future etc... I had to stop him and ask "does this mean we are approved" and he replied "absolutely"! And said things like 'we are happy to have you in the US'

What a great experience!! He said he had everything he needed to approve it that day. I was hoping for the CPO text or email in the next day or Monday and started to think maybe it didn't go through. But the letters today confirm it :) I've had 4 consulate interviews for Visas in the past and this was the most pleasant, positive experience I have had with visas!!

What a journey. This is the start of a new chapter in our life here in the US! I feel for those of you who have to do the extra waiting and lack of communication. Hope it all works out.

Of course many thanks to the admins here especially Mom!!

Hi all! Just like _sair_ above, our 4 welcome letters arrived in the mail today, our interview was last Thursday, that was quick. Our status has still not updated on the web site.

The interview was last Thursday but it actually started the afternoon of the previous day. At the end of Wednesday I got a call from the IO. I missed it but on my voicemail, he told me who he was, reminding me about our interview the next morning and if I could bring my proof of payment for the DOS fee. That was the only thing he was missing. He sounded very pleasant and helpful.

The whole interview was quick and VERY pleasant. The IO asked if it was ok if my kids wait in the waiting room as he didn't really need to see them (they are teenage ages). After the oaths he just wanted to confirm our address, checking drivers licence and go through the Yes No questions as exactly on the I-485. After that he was talking about us thinking about citizenship in the future etc... I had to stop him and ask "does this mean we are approved" and he replied "absolutely"! And said things like 'we are happy to have you in the US'

What a great experience!! He said he had everything he needed to approve it that day. I was hoping for the CPO text or email in the next day or Monday and started to think maybe it didn't go through. But the letters today confirm it :) I've had 4 consulate interviews for Visas in the past and this was the most pleasant, positive experience I have had with visas!!

What a journey. This is the start of a new chapter in our life here in the US! I feel for those of you who have to do the extra waiting and lack of communication. Hope it all works out.

Of course many thanks to the admins here especially Mom!!
Congratulations to you and your family! How great! May I ask which FO you interviewed at?

Hi all,

Congratulations to the lucky guys! On my side it is not yet done.
I applied 3 months ago, did the bio in March but still waiting for the interview letter. I am completely blind in terms of advancement. When I call USCIS it seems that they don't know more than what I can see on my profile online... which is not detailed at all. they just say it could take 8 months or a year...
Is there a way to have more details? or just I wait silent until something come up?

Also do you think a Lawyer could make the difference?

Please advise,

Thanks,
Jerome

Hi all,

Congratulations to the lucky guys! On my side it is not yet done.
I applied 3 months ago, did the bio in March but still waiting for the interview letter. I am completely blind in terms of advancement. When I call USCIS it seems that they don't know more than what I can see on my profile online... which is not detailed at all. they just say it could take 8 months or a year...
Is there a way to have more details? or just I wait silent until something come up?

Also do you think a Lawyer could make the difference?

Please advise,

Thanks,
Jerome

Your CN was current in March, so your case is still within the standard processing time.

Calling the CSC and speaking with a customer rep, like you've rightly discovered isn't going to give you any additional information you can't find by check your case online on your own. However, you could possibly get a lot more information by making use of the timelines spreadsheets, both for this current FY and the past ones to compare the processing time of other DV AOS cases processed by your FO in the past.

Hiring a lawyer, especially at this point in time is a complete waste of money. It will make absolutely no difference.

Thanks Mom. I keep looking at the spreadsheet and keep hoping it will go faster but you are right we are still in the normal processing time. It is hard to know at which point I should start worry (already started ... lol)

Anyway I will keep you posted.
Would love to share my timeline but I haven't found out how to do it still. I have tried several times though. I have access to the Google doc spreadsheet, but then I can't save it. Please enlighten me! :)

Thanks Mom. I keep looking at the spreadsheet and keep hoping it will go faster but you are right we are still in the normal processing time. It is hard to know at which point I should start worry (already started ... lol)

Anyway I will keep you posted.
Would love to share my timeline but I haven't found out how to do it still. I have tried several times though. I have access to the Google doc spreadsheet, but then I can't save it. Please enlighten me! :)

The beauty of the goggle spreadsheet is that the information entered on it automatically gets saved - ;) you don't worry about saving it, just enter your information and close the spreadsheet when done.

The beauty of the goggle spreadsheet is that the information entered on it automatically gets saved - ;) you don't worry about saving it, just enter your information and close the spreadsheet when done.
Except someone keeps stuffing up the sorting on "current". I just went and updated my details an the its wack again. You must be ripping your hair out SM1smom!!

Except someone keeps stuffing up the sorting on "current". I just went and updated my details an the its wack again. You must be ripping your hair out SM1smom!!

For real???? I guess it's time to revoke editing access and lock it up again. Anyone needing access to update their case can use the access request link on the spreadsheet to ask for access.

Thanks for letting me know the state of the spreadsheet.

For real???? I guess it's time to revoke editing access and lock it up again. Anyone needing access to update their case can use the access request link on the spreadsheet to ask for access.

Thanks for letting me know the state of the spreadsheet.

You should be able to view/revert to earlier versions. In the drive view, select the spreadsheet, right click and choose "manage versions".

You should be able to view/revert to earlier versions. In the drive view, select the spreadsheet, right click and choose "manage versions".

Yeah, that's how I've mostly managed the spreadsheet in the past - my concern of course is new data put in after the unauthorized sorting are getting lost when I revert back to the last version before it got sorted and I don't have the time or patience to keep going through to identify the new data on the spreadsheet.

Yeah, that's how I've mostly managed the spreadsheet in the past - my concern of course is new data put in after the unauthorized sorting are getting lost when I revert back to the last version before it got sorted and I don't have the time or patience to keep going through to identify the new data on the spreadsheet.

So in that case you should lock the main spreadsheet and have a different worksheet where people can add new cases and updates. You would then transfer the update to the locked sheet. It's a pain, but at least you would control the updates.

Hi @KentConcept and all,

This morning was my interview at San Francisco FO. I and my wife were called in about 20 minutes late from the original time. The IO (a man) told us it was his second DV based AOS interview of the day. The interview itself was fast and it looked more like he was just double checking our 485 application for typos. From the very beginning he gave us strong signals that we would be approved.

At the end of the interview he told us to wait 30 minutes outside as he was going to prepare the acceptance letter. Then he told us we could go down to the first floor to stamp our passports if we wanted. Waiting for in queue for the infopass and the stamp itself took an unexpected long time (2h), longer than the whole interview part. The green cards normally arrive in a few weeks so I might have skipped that If I knew it'd take that long.

good luck to you all

Hector

Hi @KentConcept and all,

This morning was my interview at San Francisco FO. I and my wife were called in about 20 minutes late from the original time. The IO (a man) told us it was his second DV based AOS interview of the day. The interview itself was fast and it looked more like he was just double checking our 485 application for typos. From the very beginning he gave us strong signals that we would be approved.

At the end of the interview he told us to wait 30 minutes outside as he was going to prepare the acceptance letter. Then he told us we could go down to the first floor to stamp our passports if we wanted. Waiting for in queue for the infopass and the stamp itself took an unexpected long time (2h), longer than the whole interview part. The green cards normally arrive in a few weeks so I might have skipped that If I knew it'd take that long.

good luck to you all

Hector
Hector my congratulations about your successful interview! I imagine how exciting it is! Me instead I'm still waiting the interview letter.
Best of luck to you and your family!!!