• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

wow! is it really happening?! we were waiting for so long that I cannot believe it...

One question: in a form DS260 we wrote that we wanted a SSN issuing automatically. Does it mean that we should not do anything just wait when the card arrive? I've already have a ssn but card with work restrictions. Will they re-issue automatically a new one without restrictions?
Thanks!!!

wow! is it really happening?! we were waiting for so long that I cannot believe it...

One question: in a form DS260 we wrote that we wanted a SSN issuing automatically. Does it mean that we should not do anything just wait when the card arrive? I've already have a ssn but card with work restrictions. Will they re-issue automatically a new one without restrictions?
Thanks!!!

A new SSN will not get automatically issued, you'll need to visit the SSA office with your GC in order to get a SSN issued. Only those processing CP have the luxury of sometimes receiving the SSN without applying in person.

A new SSN will not get automatically issued, you'll need to visit the SSA office with your GC in order to get a SSN issued. Only those processing CP have the luxury of sometimes receiving the SSN without applying in person.

OK, thanks! we'll plan to do it.
We are really grateful for your help!

Hello i have been selected for dv-2016 my cn is 2016As00007xxx , im currently in USA and I completed my DS-260 only 11 may 2016 should I be worry? And should I wait a response from KCC?and how i can know if I am eligible to adjust my status or not? I need your help please.

Hello i have been selected for dv-2016 my cn is 2016As00007xxx , im currently in USA and I completed my DS-260 only 11 may 2016 should I be worry? And should I wait a response from KCC?and how i can know if I am eligible to adjust my status or not? I need your help please.
If you want to know your eligibility for AOS, you should read the instructions for I-485 published by USCIS. In general, if you came in the states and were admitted under a visa category or paroled, and have maintained your status since then, you can apply for AOS.

On the first post of this thread, there is a link to a spreadsheet with an excellent guide to AoS. Read it all. Spend whatever time it takes to understand it. Getting the Green Card is up to you, don't waste your opportunity.

On the first post of this thread, there is a link to a spreadsheet with an excellent guide to AoS. Read it all. Spend whatever time it takes to understand it. Getting the Green Card is up to you, don't waste your opportunity.
Thanks for your response, but the link says: unable to access the file

If you want to know your eligibility for AOS, you should read the instructions for I-485 published by USCIS. In general, if you came in the states and were admitted under a visa category or paroled, and have maintained your status since then, you can apply for AOS.
Yes sir i came to usa before I applied for dv-2016 i have f1 visa

The question for those who already got their GC this year: how did the process of getting SSN go in your case? what did you do? how long?
Thanks!

Thanks for your response, but the link says: unable to access the file

You're the first person I know of that's complained of inability to open the link. As a matter of fact, I just opened it effortlessly again, AFAIK the link works.

You're the first person I know of that's complained of inability to open the link. As a matter of fact, I just opened it effortlessly again, AFAIK the link works.
I'm sorry, but the link still says unable to open the document, maybe I have some issues with my phone. Do you have another link that I can access?

Hello MOM,
My interview will be scheduling for 1th Jun. Today morning I called KCC and asked about the requesting my file by FO. She told me there is no requisition by your FO, yet. She recommend me to call her aging 1 or two days before my interview to see if FO request my file. She told me: if they didn't request, you can inform Officer about it to avoid more than 4-6 weeks delay. She told me: after requesting the file by FO, it takes 4-6 week to send the file to FO. I didn't surprise about the timing because I heard from some of the applicant in this from.
Today, afternoon I had a meeting with my attorney and I told her the story. She told me " I can send an email to FO and inform them about that." She explained a little bit to me how she want to contact FO but I didn't understand what she told me.
It was my plan to go to FO and do my best to inform them before my interview but she told me "I will do it"!!
Do you have any idea or here before about how attorney(s) can communicate with FO without Infopass?

CJ.
Hello MOM,
My interview will be scheduling for 1th Jun. Today morning I called KCC and asked about the requesting my file by FO. She told me there is no requisition by your FO, yet. She recommend me to call her aging 1 or two days before my interview to see if FO request my file. She told me: if they didn't request, you can inform Officer about it to avoid more than 4-6 weeks delay. She told me: after requesting the file by FO, it takes 4-6 week to send the file to FO. I didn't surprise about the timing because I heard from some of the applicant in this from.
Today, afternoon I had a meeting with my attorney and I told her the story. She told me " I can send an email to FO and inform them about that." She explained a little bit to me how she want to contact FO but I didn't understand what she told me.
It was my plan to go to FO and do my best to inform them before my interview but she told me "I will do it"!!
Do you have any idea or here before about how attorney(s) can communicate with FO without Infopass?

It's not impossible for your attorney to have an email address for your FO, of course I don't know what the address is, it's not something they make public.

Hi all,
Just update. Today my wife (drivative) received Green Card:) but I have not received yet:(

Case History as of today

Principal: 05/06 Welcome Letter was delivered
05/07 Welcome Letter was delivered (I have two welcome letters:confused:)

Online Case Status
"We accepted the fingerprint fee"
     ↓
"Case Was Approved"

Derivative: 05/06 Welcome Letter was delivered
05/16 Green Card was delivered

Online Case Status

"We ordered your new card"

"Card was mailed"

Hi all,
Just update. Today my wife (drivative) received Green Card:) but I have not received yet:(

Case History as of today

Principal: 05/06 Welcome Letter was delivered
05/07 Welcome Letter was delivered (I have two welcome letters:confused:)

Online Case Status
     ↓
"Case Was Approved"

Derivative: 05/06 Welcome Letter was delivered
05/16 Green Card was delivered

Online Case Status

"We ordered your new card"

"Card was mailed"

I'm still waiting for online status for ours to change too. It's still Case Was Approved. Patience :) It'll show up. I'm super keen to book overseas travel, so trying to be patient myself.

Hi Sm1smom,

Finally our number is active in June. We have paid DV fees and awaiting return of payment receipt. We have also done medicals and pretty much following the steps as per the spreadsheet.

We have been following this forum closely but certainly no case is similar. Please help us clarify a few issues.

1. On optional forms example - 1-765 employment authorization, is it okay to skip it from filing if we have valid EAD?
2. I'm employed and have all employment documents required. However my earning is meagre. Is it enough to file only my employment documents or I ask my spouse (Whose earning is greater) to fill form 1-1349 (Affidavit of support)?
3. Just to be sure, is the AOS fee for child under 14 still $ 635?

Thanks for your assisatnce always.