• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi
It's been 12days since our interview. our online status has not been changed...still they say "Fingerprint fee was received".
but,,,
Finally we received WELCOM LETTERs postmarked on 5/02 yesterday! OMG!
and today WELCOME LETTER postmarked on 05/03 for the principal is delivered again. o_O We are little bit confused.
We are alomost there to be Green Men:D:D, aren't we!? We want to thank so much Mom, Britsimon and everyone here for all the help..I will update the timeline when I received the Green Cards.
We wish everyone the best of luck☆☆☆..•:*¨¨*:

The address listed on the I-485 form is what determines your FO, not the address on the DS260. For if you're yet to send in the I-485 package, there's no address/FO change issue. You simply wait until July, when you know your new address before sending in your AOS package.
Thank you, I still did not pay the KCC fees, do I still have time to do that and how!? Thanks

Thank you, I was win the DV, now I wanna fill the form for me and my wife, shall I pay the DV DS260 fees just the 330$ or 660$ for both of us! Sorry for bothering you with my questions!

If your wife will be filling for adjustment of status with you, then you need to make the $330 DV administrative fee for both of you which means you're paying $660.

Hello,

I am new to this threat - and everything/everyone here seems extremely helpful.
I had my interview today (NYC FO) - and my case is being held for further review.
The officer didn't say anything - she simply told me to expect a response in 60-90 days.
I am currently on an F1-Visa - and I brought an I-134 and employment letters. I did not give her my bank statements - but now I am wondering whether I should go back to the office and submit my bank statement. She did not ask for anything other than "please hand over all the documents you were asked to bring." I was kind of expecting her to go over the documents with me there, and ask me if she had any concerns (in which case I would have given her the statement as additional evidence).

Sorry for all these words - I am wondering:
Did anyone here have an interview at the NYC FO (Federal Plaza) and is it normal for a case to be held for review or should I be worrying?
Also, an additional 60-90 days sounds long, given that I submitted my application early in September 2015, my # was current in October, and this is a DV case - was anyone else told to wait this long?
Can anyone think of a reason why going back and submitting a bank statement could cause any harm to my application?

Thank you! Any answers/shared experiences/comments are appreciated :)
ginasis, Sorry to bother you but im also on a F-1 visa and I wanted to ask you a question on the form I-134, did u have an official sponsor or you just showed your personal bank statements? Because I can't find any sponsor and Im thinking about my personal bank statement, do you think that will be enough of a proof to show on the day of my interview? thanks

:D:p Ah, lawyers. Sorry, I'm laughing at that, because if that was the requirement for DV AoS just about no-one would succeed. You could support a family of 8 (yes, eight!!) for a year and a half on that according to the poverty guideline, to put it in perspective. https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Your $21K on the poverty guidelines is actually for a family of 3 - again check that link in the preceding paragraph. $12000 for an individual would be more like it .
Thank you !! Currently I have 15,000 but since Mom told me about 60,000 I am afraid i won't have that amount of money before the day of my interview..

ginasis, Sorry to bother you but im also on a F-1 visa and I wanted to ask you a question on the form I-134, did u have an official sponsor or you just showed your personal bank statements? Because I can't find any sponsor and Im thinking about my personal bank statement, do you think that will be enough of a proof to show on the day of my interview? thanks

I strongly suggest you obtain an I-134. Showing savings alone on an AoS case is not a good idea.

Hnnnn? o_Oo_O Which 'mom' told you you needed to show a personal savings of about 60K and when did she say that??? :mad::mad:
Sorry Mom! I meant to quote KentConcept who told me a week or so ago that 60,000 will be good but again 21,000 for an individual is okay. My bank statement currently is around 15,000 do you think I have a chance showing my bank statement since I live in the U.S cause I couldn't find a sponsor here in the U.S I do not have any family member here to help me with the I-134 document. I wanted to ask you what are your thoughts on it? Do you think showing bank statement with around 20,000 is enough? Thanks !

Hi Mom, went to an info pass session, initially officer told me DV cases are processed elsewhere and not at the FO and then I mentioned about KCC file and told them KCC told me this FO requested the file and they sent it on 29th of Feb. Then officer checked again and said ah looks like your file is heading this way and then told me file transfers are internal process and we are not suppose to know any info on that. Then told me dont worry we will do this case before the deadline. Now when do you think it is a good time to consult congressmen? I thought of middle of next month or is it too early?

Sorry Mom! I meant to quote KentConcept who told me a week or so ago that 60,000 will be good but again 21,000 for an individual is okay. My bank statement currently is around 15,000 do you think I have a chance showing my bank statement since I live in the U.S cause I couldn't find a sponsor here in the U.S I do not have any family member here to help me with the I-134 document. I wanted to ask you what are your thoughts on it? Do you think showing bank statement with around 20,000 is enough? Thanks !

I suppose you'll just have to take your chance with the IO if you can't find someone to fill out an I-134 for you.

Hi Mom, went to an info pass session, initially officer told me DV cases are processed elsewhere and not at the FO and then I mentioned about KCC file and told them KCC told me this FO requested the file and they sent it on 29th of Feb. Then officer checked again and said ah looks like your file is heading this way and then told me file transfers are internal process and we are not suppose to know any info on that. Then told me dont worry we will do this case before the deadline. Now when do you think it is a good time to consult congressmen? I thought of middle of next month or is it too early?

I don't see any need for involving a congressman/woman at this stage - your case is still within what's considered normal processing time for a DV based AOS petition.

I don't see any need for involving a congressman/woman at this stage - your case is still within what's considered normal processing time for a DV based AOS petition.
How about middle or end of next month? that will be 6 months after filing 4 months after fingerprinting