• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I'm so sorry for asking mayge a dumb question but is the phone number of the KCC 606-526-7500? Is there a long wait at the phone before having the chance to get someone talking? Is it enough to have my case number to ask if USCIS got the documents from them? Thanks in advance for the precious help, as always!!

Yes, that's the number. You should refer to your selectee notification letter though, it has the information on how to contact KCC and what's required to contact them. And yes, you can ask if your KCC file has been sent to your FO

Hi Mom,

My interview is in the beginning of May and after reading the thread, I would really want to make sure that my KKC file was sent to USCIS. Should I call them and ask them to do so (if they haven't already? How long prior to the interview would be appropriate to do that? Also, is there a way to find out whether my background check has been completed prior to the interview?

Thank you for your enormous help, and my sincere apologies if you have already answered those questions earlier in the thread!

You cannot tell KCC to send the file nor can you ask your FO to request it - well, you may ask but they probably will ignore you. That's something your FO will do on their own. However you can call the KCC to find out if your FO has requested the file, if they answer in the affirmative, you can follow up by asking for when it was requested and when it got sent. You may try and call USCIS and request to speak to a level 2 officer who may or may not be willing to answer questions regarding the status of your background check, it's worth a try. You may also go on an INFOPASS appointment to find out, totally not worth the trip IMHO especially if you have to drive a couple of hours to your FO.

I'm so sorry for asking mayge a dumb question but is the phone number of the KCC 606-526-7500? Is there a long wait at the phone before having the chance to get someone talking? Is it enough to have my case number to ask if USCIS got the documents from them? Thanks in advance for the precious help, as always!!

When you get through, there are a lot of recorded messages to listen to. Or you can simply press zero - and get straight through to a human (during office hours).

Hi Guys,

I am going to send the AOS package. For the tranlated documents, do I have to send the copy ones or the real translated ones?

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I am going to send the AOS package. For the tranlated documents, do I have to send the copy ones or the real translated ones?

Thank you.

You'll include a copy of the original document itself (the one in foreign language) and the original translated version (be sure to keep a copy of the translated version for yourself for the interview.

Hello MOM,
Based non spreadsheet, the duty of Chicago Lockbox, NBC and FOs has been mentioned.
My understanding is: once Chicago Lockbox send the documents to NBC, they will do the following steps.
· Schedules biometrics appointment and mails biometrics appointment notice to applicant/representative
· Ensures application contains required initial evidence
· Consolidates application with existing applicant files
· Conducts security checks
· Makes application available for interview scheduling
· Adjudicates ancillary applications associated with I-485 - separates and process I-765s and I-131s from I-485 once all initial evidence is received.
If all aforementioned steps complete, then package will send to FO for further process.
In some interview cases, I read that the officer mentioned about the incomplete back ground check etc. during the interview. Therefore, the applicant should wait for a while after his/her interview.
Now, My question is: how come NBC send the package to FO which is not completed?

Hello MOM,
Based non spreadsheet, the duty of Chicago Lockbox, NBC and FOs has been mentioned.
My understanding is: once Chicago Lockbox send the documents to NBC, they will do the following steps.
· Schedules biometrics appointment and mails biometrics appointment notice to applicant/representative
· Ensures application contains required initial evidence
· Consolidates application with existing applicant files
· Conducts security checks
· Makes application available for interview scheduling
· Adjudicates ancillary applications associated with I-485 - separates and process I-765s and I-131s from I-485 once all initial evidence is received.
If all aforementioned steps complete, then package will send to FO for further process.
In some interview cases, I read that the officer mentioned about the incomplete back ground check etc. during the interview. Therefore, the applicant should wait for a while after his/her interview.
Now, My question is: how come NBC send the package to FO which is not completed?

The NBC basically schedules and sends out the biometric notice, they're not required to wait for the result before forwarding the case file to the applicable FO, so it's not like they send an incomplete package.

The NBC basically schedules and sends out the biometric notice, they're not required to wait for the result before forwarding the case file to the applicable FO, so it's not like they send an incomplete package.
In general, when the package is shiped to FO by NBC?
When they send the bio letter to appicant? Or
Once appicant done with bio??

In general, when the package is shiped to FO by NBC?
When they send the bio letter to appicant? Or
Once appicant done with bio??

I don't know precisely when, and I don't think it really matters or makes much of a difference. The package get's sent as at when due.

hello everyone,

Are there any cases where they approve the dependents but not the principle applicant? I checked the forum and the previous forums and could not locate an answer easily

hello everyone,

Are there any cases where they approve the dependents but not the principle applicant? I checked the forum and the previous forums and could not locate an answer easily

No dependent/derivative applicant can be approved without the principal applicant being approved first. It is however possible for the main applicant to be approved while the derivatives get denied.

No dependent/derivative applicant can be approved without the principal applicant being approved first. It is however possible for the main applicant to be approved while the derivatives get denied.
Thank you for your quick reply. I was wondering since the derivate applicants are kids and may pass the name check faster than the principle applicant. I am not sure then what will happen in this situation. so much stress and worries through this process. but thanks for being there to assist with any questions.

Thank you for your quick reply. I was wondering since the derivate applicants are kids and may pass the name check faster than the principle applicant. I am not sure then what will happen in this situation. so much stress and worries through this process. but thanks for being there to assist with any questions.

It really doesn't matter whether the derivatives are kids with no records or adults with clean records - the only reason they are eligible to apply is because of the principal applicant's selection. So if the principal applicant is unable to pass the interview, there's no basis for approving a derivative unfortunately.

It really doesn't matter whether the derivatives are kids with no records or adults with clean records - the only reason they are eligible to apply is because of the principal applicant's selection. So if the principal applicant is unable to pass the interview, there's no basis for approving a derivative unfortunately.
Is there chance that they get approved without the primary applicant? I am sorry for asking too many questions.

Is there chance that they get approved without the primary applicant? I am sorry for asking too many questions.

'So if the principal applicant is unable to pass the interview, there's no basis for approving a derivative unfortunately'

That meant no.

'So if the principal applicant is unable to pass the interview, there's no basis for approving a derivative unfortunately'

That meant no.
Thank you for your reply. I was little confused after reading different threads from the past AOS.

Thank you for your reply. I was little confused after reading different threads from the past AOS.

Doesn't matter whether it's AOS or CP or even what type of immigrant visa it is. "Derivative" by definition means the status is dependent on the principle. So for example if the principle dies before the case is approved (and in CP before they have entered the US even if approved) the derivatives lose all potential benefit. And if the principle is denied so is everyone else on that petition. I'd be very surprised if you saw anything anywhere that implied a derivative could be approved absent the principle applicant being approved.

I think your pending status is clouding your ability to understand everything you've been reading. You really need to calm down and stop stressing needlessly over things you have no control of - easier said than done but it's the truth.

I'm certain there's no past AOS Thread in this forum that has given the impression that a derivative got approved while the principal applicant was pending or got denied. Yes, it's possible someone might have asked a similar question like yours, but I highly doubt they got a response from someone who understands the process telling them yeah, a derivative could be approved without the principal applicant.

Hi everyone :) I called the KCC to ask if they sent my file to the FO of San Francisco but they said that no one ask anything. The woman at the phone was very very nice and told me that they are receiving several calls just about that FO and they are starting to wonder why because they don't hear much about the others. The woman also apologize because my case number was current in November so she told me that if I would do the application with them I would already have the Green Card from a long time.
Any suggestions besides the INFOPASS that I will do in April 12? Obviously I'm beyond mad and discouraged. Do the Adjustment of Status was probably the biggest error of my life