• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello mom and Britsimon,
Had interview on Jan 6th, wife and son got GC in 10 days, my online case status is still at Fingerprint fee received, had infopass about a month ago and was told that my case is still being reviewed by IO, although IO told us during the interview that he would approve us within 1 wk, now it's almost 3 months and I have another infopass for next week,
Any suggestions
Thank you

I got the IL yesterday, exactly 4 months after the bio. Now, I have to pray to be approved in place and not being sent to administrative processing. FYI, I did 2 infopass on Feb 25th and march 10th. They did not do anything specific but at least told me that I am going to hear from them very soon.

Hello mom and Britsimon,
Had interview on Jan 6th, wife and son got GC in 10 days, my online case status is still at Fingerprint fee received, had infopass about a month ago and was told that my case is still being reviewed by IO, although IO told us during the interview that he would approve us within 1 wk, now it's almost 3 months and I have another infopass for next week,
Any suggestions
Thank you

Was your wife the principal applicant? Sounds lik you're on AP, not much you can do except keep checking now and then. When next you go on an INFOPASS appointment, be specific with your questions. For instance, ask if your background check has cleared or is still pending.

Was your wife the principal applicant? Sounds lik you're on AP, not much you can do except keep checking now and then. When next you go on an INFOPASS appointment, be specific with your questions. For instance, ask if your background check has cleared or is still pending.
Yes my wife was principal applicant ,

Friends, I am collecting the financial docs for my interview. I have few questions:
1. How much money in my account would be enough? Is there any minimum amount required? (Mine will be more that $25k)
2. Since I am living with my wife (no kids), is my salary of $1900/month enough for both of us?
3. I have an offer for a new job starting on July 1st ($59,000 per year), should I show it during my Interview?
4. My wife and I have some properties back in our country and we can sell them if we need money. Should we have the documents for those properties in our interview as well?

5. Last and the most important question: having all of the financial resources mentioned above, do we need to have some one to sponsor us and sign affidavit of support (I-134) for us?

Thanks,

Hi Sm1smom, How are you doing today?

How about if I change my mailing address at USPS?
Official USPS® Change of Address https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/home/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1&_flowId=icoa-main-flow

Kind Regards

USPS will not, no make that CANNOT forward USCIS mail. Regardless of whether a change of address is initiated with USPS or not, when it comes to USCIS mail, an attempt will be made at delivering the mail at the address listed on the package following which it gets sent back as undeliverable if the recipient is unknown there.

Hi Mom and Everyone
Today we received IL (two letters in one envelope):) We thought we could have the interview together but my wife appointment time is scheduled one hour later than mine. Usually the applicants have the interview together, don't they???:(

Friends, I am collecting the financial docs for my interview. I have few questions:
1. How much money in my account would be enough? Is there any minimum amount required? (Mine will be more that $25k)
2. Since I am living with my wife (no kids), is my salary of $1900/month enough for both of us?
3. I have an offer for a new job starting on July 1st ($59,000 per year), should I show it during my Interview?
4. My wife and I have some properties back in our country and we can sell them if we need money. Should we have the documents for those properties in our interview as well?

5. Last and the most important question: having all of the financial resources mentioned above, do we need to have some one to sponsor us and sign affidavit of support (I-134) for us?

Thanks,

If you were on a student visa, and do not currently have a job with an income above the applicable poverty guidance level, I would have strongly recommended you get an I-134 filled out.

However, your current income (though slightly below the required amount of $20K for 2), your savings and the new job offer letter should be enough to satisfy any IO who is worried about your ability to support yourself without becoming a public charge. Forget about the properties you have back at home, since they're not US based properties, they wouldn't count.

Hi Mom and Everyone
Today we received IL (two letters in one envelope):) We thought we could have the interview together but my wife appointment time is scheduled one hour later than mine. Usually the applicants have the interview together, don't they???:(

Don't stress yourself, you'll both be interviewed together. Show up together for the first time slot.

If you were on a student visa, and do not currently have a job with an income above the applicable poverty guidance level, I would have strongly recommended you get an I-134 filled out.

However, your current income (though slightly below the required amount of $20K for 2), your savings and the new job offer letter should be enough to satisfy any IO who is worried about your ability to support yourself without becoming a public charge. Forget about the properties you have back at home, since they're not US based properties, they wouldn't count.

Thank you Mom, BTW, my income per year is $22,800. I just googled the Poverty Guideline and found this regulations of U.S. Federal:
FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA:
-for the first Persons in family ($11,880) and add $4,160 for each additional person.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Thank you Mom, BTW, my income per year is $22,800. I just googled the Poverty Guideline and found this regulations of U.S. Federal:
FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA:
-for the first Persons in family ($11,880) and add $4,160 for each additional person.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

What you have there is not what's used by USCIS for immigration purpose - for that, the income has to be 125% above the poverty guideline. Here's the link to what USCIS uses:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Hi Mom, a few more questions:
1. We filled out our forms together, but my wife wrote them all while I found the info etc, will it matter the handwriting is the same over my 485 as hers but I signed as me? Like will it look like someone else filled out my 485 for me, with the uniform handwriting over all forms?
2. Is the chicago lockbox address of 131 South Dearborn (attn: FBAS) address for UPS or FedEx?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Mom, a few more questions:
1. We filled out our forms together, but my wife wrote them all while I found the info etc, will it matter the handwriting is the same over my 485 as hers but I signed as me? Like will it look like someone else filled out my 485 for me, with the uniform handwriting over all forms?
2. Is the chicago lockbox address of 131 South Dearborn (attn: FBAS) address for UPS or FedEx?
Thanks

1. Doesn't matter, not an issue.
2. Serves both or any other form of courier delivery.