• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

I will have an interview next week. It's six months after I sent my package.
However, I found I lost my receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee.
I'm not sure if I sent the original receipt to USCIS, or I really lost it.

What shall I do? How can I get the evidence that I paid to DOS?

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I will have an interview next week. It's six months after I sent my package.
However, I found I lost my receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee.
I'm not sure if I sent the original receipt to USCIS, or I really lost it.

What shall I do? How can I get the evidence that I paid to DOS?

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Email KCC, they should have a scanned copy which they may be willing to email back.

Hi Mom,

What would happen if the medical to interview date is greater than 6 months? Is it better to have another medical in hand during the interview if they said our current medical is expired?

Hi Mom,

What would happen if the medical to interview date is greater than 6 months? Is it better to have another medical in hand during the interview if they said our current medical is expired?

For DV cases, I haven't heard of a situation where a new medical exam was required prior to case approval (even in situations where the medical was past its 6 months validity as at the time of the interview). Anyway, if a new/current medical would be required, the IL will specifically request for a new one to be brought along to the interview - this of course shouldn't be confused with a generic IL that lists a medical exam and a bunch of other documents that's already been submitted.

I got my IL!!! So excited :)

One quick question: the letter requested that we bring the original i-693 in the sealed envelope from the doctor. We already sent this in our original package, do we need to get another medical done now?

I got my IL!!! So excited :)

One quick question: the letter requested that we bring the original i-693 in the sealed envelope from the doctor. We already sent this in our original package, do we need to get another medical done now?

Told ya :p

Regarding the I-693, your IL is most likely a generic letter. This is precisely what I tried to clarify in my previous post directly above yours. You should be okay with what they currently have unless of course the IL states something like bring a new medical report, the medical report you submitted medical report is no longer valid, etc

Told ya :p

Regarding the I-693, your IL is most likely a generic letter. This is precisely what I tried to clarify in my previous post directly above yours. You should be okay with what they currently have unless of course the IL states something like bring a new medical report, the medical report you submitted medical report is no longer valid, etc

Thanks Mom :) Missed the above posts in my excitement to share the news. Time to prepare for the interview! Luckily we have 4 weeks to do that.

Hello,
Will I be able to apply for CP process after applying or send AOS package ?, I have noticed that it's taking really long, I am thinking if I don't get interview in time I will re do as CP, will I be able to do that ?, normally how long is it taking in New York ?

Hello,
Will I be able to apply for CP process after applying or send AOS package ?, I have noticed that it's taking really long, I am thinking if I don't get interview in time I will re do as CP, will I be able to do that ?, normally how long is it taking in New York ?

In order to switch to CP after submitting the AOS package, you'll need to USCIS and inform them of your decision to cancel your petition, which they will cancel without a refund.

You'll contact KCC and inform them of your decision to process CP. KCC will now undertake the processing of your DS-260 form which could be anywhere between one to three months before forwarding your case file to an applicable US embassy. You will definitely experience additional delay if you opt to switch over to CP (assuming your CN is current and you've already submitted your AOS packag).

Read previous posts in the past couple of pages on this Thread, and check out the Timelines spreadsheets also to find out how long the NY FO is taking to process DV based AOS cases.

Hello Mom,
Unfortunately we still didn't get our IL, and I was reading the Thread about the change of address. We will move in late May to Pennsylvania and I am afraid that by that time we still will not get our letter. I will not have access to my mail after we move, but I can change address to my friend's in order not to change FO (and prevent any delays because of that). When do you think it's safe to change my address with USCIS? In the beginning of May? while we here and in case they send it to our current address?

Hi All, Any idea about Chicago FO..i would like to know how long they will take for AOS to Process like Bio- Date, IL, etc.??? I know it differ from case to case but just in general.
My case will be current in MAY but i will submit my AOS Package by April first week..
Thanks a lot...

Hi Mom,

My wife is the primary applicant (Her number is the DV winning number). We are filing together, and I am trying to show my income as the primary source of income. So, in this case, do I have to write an affidavit of support or how should I proceed while filing the AOS package?

Thanks a lot.

Hello Mom,
Unfortunately we still didn't get our IL, and I was reading the Thread about the change of address. We will move in late May to Pennsylvania and I am afraid that by that time we still will not get our letter. I will not have access to my mail after we move, but I can change address to my friend's in order not to change FO (and prevent any delays because of that). When do you think it's safe to change my address with USCIS? In the beginning of May? while we here and in case they send it to our current address?

Changing to your friend's address only guarantees your file will not need to get transferred to a new FO. The IL may still get sent to your old address regardless of the change to a new address under the same FO. It's really your call as to when to do a change of address should you need to.

Hi All, Any idea about Chicago FO..i would like to know how long they will take for AOS to Process like Bio- Date, IL, etc.??? I know it differ from case to case but just in general.
My case will be current in MAY but i will submit my AOS Package by April first week..
Thanks a lot...

Take a look at the Timelines spreadsheets - that's what it is for.

Hi Mom,

My wife is the primary applicant (Her number is the DV winning number). We are filing together, and I am trying to show my income as the primary source of income. So, in this case, do I have to write an affidavit of support or how should I proceed while filing the AOS package?

Thanks a lot.

You'll include your financial documents in the AOS package for your wife.

Got my card last Friday!!! So i got inspired:

I'm grinning green from ear to ear :D
@Sm1smom, you've been a dear,
Folks, please be patient and read the sheet,
I wish y'all luck, much love and green.

Thanks everyone in this forum!

We had our green card AOS interview today at 8am. We woke up at around 5:55am to shower, get dressed, double-check to see we had all documents, and head over in separate cars, since I headed straight to work right after. The drive is 15 mins from our place typically but took closer to 25 mins due to rush hour.

Building
After much traffic, we arrived at the federal office right at (or slightly before 8am). When we got to the building, the security officers had some confusion about where to go. We both went through the security checkpoint and were asked to remove shoes and any items in our pockets. I also had to remove my belt. Tip: better to go in together with your spouse so that they only have to consider the interview appointment form once for both--without it, they won't let you in. The federal building allowed us to use cellphones which I was surprised about since I read that you couldn't use cellphones in the federal buildings--they just told us to put them on vibrate once in the waiting room and during the interview. Parking was pricey at about 5-6 dollars for each of us (mostly due to the length of the interview--see below).

Waiting Room
When we got to the waiting room, the security officer told us to take the appointment letter and put it in a tray; we'd be called. So we waited. The wait was only about 10 mins or so and was in a room with about 20-30 other people. When we got called, we walked up to meet the FO. It seems no one got called in the order they came into the room, it's just whoever's FO is available. We were the second group to be called despite the number of people already in the room.

FO/Interview
While FO was friendly, the interview lasted 45-50 mins, much longer than we anticipated. It was conducted in his own office at his desk. We didn't think there'd be any issues with our case as everything was in order, but the FO asked us for several original documents (drivers licenses, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, visa, etc.), made photocopies of each, asked paraphrased Y/N questions on the I-485 (illegal gambling, criminal acts, military background, etc.), reviewed photos in an album we brought along, asked us how we met each other, when we got engaged, when we got married, who was at the ceremony, reviewed our financial information, asked me to fill out an Affidavit of Support on the spot, and so on. We talked about theme parks a bit. No "intimate" questions as far as I can recall. It was very thorough though.

My wife and I got married a couple months before my lottery number was pulled so this may have had an effect on the length of the interview. She is also a current student on F-1 visa. We'd never had any issues with immigration, always had clean records, etc. In the end, the officer said that while we would not have been approved on the spot anyways because he'd have to check with the KCC (?) for visa number availability, he gave us an RFE additional school transcripts for my wife since she entered the country on the F-1. The deadline to send them in is June 20, 2016. My application, however, was fully approved but pending "initial review" per the myUSCIS website.

We asked about the EAD and AP documents and the FO said that both were still processing within the 90 days but were later than usual. He said it was likely we'd get either of those documents before getting the GC. After the interview, we were sent back out into the waiting room as the FO went to photocopy photos from our albums. He then called us and we retrieved the albums and other things he photocopied.

Conclusion
My wife and I prepared for about 2 hours the day before, quizzing each other on questions we thought we be pertinent to the interview (and seeing what other questions were listed online). We also printed out everything again from our AOS application and additional supporting documents. Still, despite the preparation, we figured this had to be one of the longest interviews on record for any AOS applicant. We're both pretty exhausted from it. We mailed in the transcripts requested just now on the same day. It should arrived within the next day or two. Hopefully we have a good update soon.

I have my interview next week but I'm stressing out.
Mom, maybe you remember I have mentioned couple months ago that when I sent the translation of my birth certificate I checked only names and places. However before my INFOPASS I was reviewing the documents and saw that the serial number and the date of birth on my translation were completely wrong. Apparently, the translator had a sample for the certificate and by God only knows what reason he didn't update those two fields for my case.
Of course, I will bring the correct version to the interview and I have included the copy of the original birth certificate when filing. Am I very likely to get rejected?
Thank you...

I have my interview next week but I'm stressing out.
Mom, maybe you remember I have mentioned couple months ago that when I sent the translation of my birth certificate I checked only names and places. However before my INFOPASS I was reviewing the documents and saw that the serial number and the date of birth on my translation were completely wrong. Apparently, the translator had a sample for the certificate and by God only knows what reason he didn't update those two fields for my case.
Of course, I will bring the correct version to the interview and I have included the copy of the original birth certificate when filing. Am I very likely to get rejected?
Thank you...

No you wouldn't get denied over that. However be sure to bring it to the IO's attention and let him/her know you have the correct translated version which you wish to submit.