• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I would like to ask one more question regarding 2NL...how does the letter look like? after I submitted the ds260, I received an email from KCC titled: 2016xxxxxxxxxx Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter. In the attachment, there is a barcode and they say that thank you for informing us of your intention to do AOS... is this 2NL? or am I supposed to receive any further letter? Since the email didn't mention anything that this is 2NL... thank you for your help...

Yes that's the 2NL.

Hi Mom, just a quick question, we've included bank statements and W2 forms (earning well over required amount), but they are only for 2015 Tax year. Do we need, or should we, include tax returns for previous financial years from overseas (we moved to US start 2015)? Would this benefit or would 1 year of US financials be enough?

Hi Mom, just a quick question, we've included bank statements and W2 forms (earning well over required amount), but they are only for 2015 Tax year. Do we need, or should we, include tax returns for previous financial years from overseas (we moved to US start 2015)? Would this benefit or would 1 year of US financials be enough?

Only US based tax returns. Use the one year tax documents you have.

Also, from searching it looks like the Affidavit of Support is only needed if we can't show we earn 125% poverty (which we clearly do on W-2's), so figured we don't need to include it. Is this correct?

Also, from searching it looks like the Affidavit of Support is only needed if we can't show we earn 125% poverty (which we clearly do on W-2's), so figured we don't need to include it. Is this correct?

Yes, 125% above the applicable poverty guideline.

Hello everyone, we had our 3rd infopass and got exact same response as month ago - we are pending to be scheduled for the interview.They have no info on approximate dates, which is frustrating. On the USCIS website timeline for our FO for i485 is 4 months (and we filled our application 4 mo ago), I know it's for different types of AOS but still I thought it may indicate how busy is FO. I'll use my patience, I guess.

Hi Mom, and everyone,
I did not receive my interview letter yet.
1) Do you think i should schedule an infopass?
2) If i was/am selected for Administrative Processing, would my necessarily USCIS Case Status update?
my details:
EU157xx, Houston TX, H1B
Chicago Lockbox: Dec 31/2015
NOA issued: Jan 11/ 2016
Bio scheduled: Feb 01/ 2016
Bio walk in: Jan 29/ 2016

Thanks alot!
Cheers

Hi Mom, and everyone,
I did not receive my interview letter yet.
1) Do you think i should schedule an infopass?
2) If i was/am selected for Administrative Processing, would my necessarily USCIS Case Status update?
my details:
EU157xx, Houston TX, H1B
Chicago Lockbox: Dec 31/2015
NOA issued: Jan 11/ 2016
Bio scheduled: Feb 01/ 2016
Bio walk in: Jan 29/ 2016

Thanks alot!
Cheers

1. Not a bad idea to schedule an INFOPASS.
2. No, you will not have an update until after you case is either approved or denied.

:( no letter. Was hoping they just sent out a big batch of those that had been waiting. I hope the wait time for Aldis and Beau is not indicative of general wait times as I'm a lot further behind them!

Hi Mom, I called it in USCIS and asked for a tier 2 officer. She said she cant give me any updates and I asked where is the file she said its in Missouri. To me thats a very wrong answer as I went to an infopass and officer looked at the file and told me background has cleared. Also I called KCC and they said Manchester FO requested my KCC file. It seems like tier 2 officer made a mistake.

:( no letter. Was hoping they just sent out a big batch of those that had been waiting. I hope the wait time for Aldis and Beau is not indicative of general wait times as I'm a lot further behind them!

Hang in there, it will show up eventually. Maybe they're being sent in batches.

Hello everyone, we had our 3rd infopass and got exact same response as month ago - we are pending to be scheduled for the interview.They have no info on approximate dates, which is frustrating. On the USCIS website timeline for our FO for i485 is 4 months (and we filled our application 4 mo ago), I know it's for different types of AOS but still I thought it may indicate how busy is FO. I'll use my patience, I guess.
I got exactly the same answer 2 weeks ago and still no news about IV letter. I am wondering if "pending to be scheduled" means "under review" or review is done by that time. Because, a month ago they told me "it is under review" and 2 weeks ago "it is pending to be scheduled". It has made me confused about the situation. Are these different words which are used for the same step?

Last edited: