• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I got exactly the same answer 2 weeks ago and still no news about IV letter. I am wondering if "pending to be scheduled" means "under review" or review is done by that time. Because, a month ago they told me "it is under review" and 2 weeks ago "it is pending to be scheduled". It has made me confused about the situation. Are these different words which are used for the same step?

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the exact phrase or sentence they said to you when you inquired about your case means. All you want at the end of the day is to either receive your IL or be one of the lucky few who get approved without an interview.

Hello. We got the interview letter 10 days ago and we have the interview in a week. I don't know why am I so stressed out about the interview!
For those who didn't receive their interview letter yet: don't worry. We have been waiting for about 2 months after the biometric schedule.

:( no letter. Was hoping they just sent out a big batch of those that had been waiting. I hope the wait time for Aldis and Beau is not indicative of general wait times as I'm a lot further behind them!
I'm in NYC too (Queens). Don't be upset :) If it helps, I filed papers in the beginning of October. Had the second INFOPASS yesterday and the only answer was the same as 1 month ago "case in the process to be scheduled". So It's 4 months after bio ))) I ran out of patience, and very upset too )))

Hello mom,
I had my infopass today to ask about the delay after the interview and the only answer I got was ( case under review) and I didn't understand what this mean? In the past it was pending for FBI name check. Is it the same or this mean that I pass the FBI name check. I am wondering if hiring lawyer at this time help in any way.

Hi Mom,

I live in West Palm Beach Fl and my number got current on Oct 2015. we have done our biometrics on November 4th and since then I have not heard back anything about my IL :( I have been to USCIS (Royal Palm Beach) twice. So the first time was on February 3rd and officer told me I will receive my IL within 30-60 days from then and that they are behind schedule and there is no such a thing as PRIORITY for DV lottery winners. Today they told me to come back in June :( the officer was so unhappy his job( this is exactly what she says that although she does not like her job she will take care my request!!!! ). I am so concerned . They told me they have my background check cleared in December and have my KCC file since November. I have no idea where to go and what to do. I feel like I am loosing my chance ... Help me please

Hello mom,
I had my infopass today to ask about the delay after the interview and the only answer I got was ( case under review) and I didn't understand what this mean? In the past it was pending for FBI name check. Is it the same or this mean that I pass the FBI name check. I am wondering if hiring lawyer at this time help in any way.

Hiring a lawyer will help the lawyer pay some bills. That's about all.

Hi Mom,

I live in West Palm Beach Fl and my number got current on Oct 2015. we have done our biometrics on November 4th and since then I have not heard back anything about my IL :( I have been to USCIS (Royal Palm Beach) twice. So the first time was on February 3rd and officer told me I will receive my IL within 30-60 days from then and that they are behind schedule and there is no such a thing as PRIORITY for DV lottery winners. Today they told me to come back in June :( the officer was so unhappy his job( this is exactly what she says that although she does not like her job she will take care my request!!!! ). I am so concerned . They told me they have my background check cleared in December and have my KCC file since November. I have no idea where to go and what to do. I feel like I am loosing my chance ... Help me please

You are still within the 30-60 days they told you in February, so they obviously felt you were being a nuisance. I'm sure they told you the June thing to just get you out their office. Hopefully, you will hear sooner than that. IF the case did get close to the end of the year, you would be able to put more pressure on them, but at this point you have done as much as you should do for now.

So what case under review mean compared to FBI name check ( are they the same)

FBI name check is a process that is required in some cases. Under review simply means they are reviewing the case, which might be because they are waiting for a name check results or it could mean they are reviewing something else. It simply means it is still "processing"...

Hello mom,

It most likely mean you're still under AP regardless of the precise term they used in responding to your INFOPASS visit. Or did you specifically ask if your background check has cleared?

AFAIK, hiring a lawyer at this stage is basically throwing money away. There's nothing a lawyer can do if the delay has to do with a pending background check in particular or even if it's due to administrative backlog. You can wait for about 2 weeks following which you contact your congress person to do a follow up on your behalf. You can also schedule another INFOPASS for like a month down the road. Other than these, you just have to continue to be patient and be hopeful.

Hi Mom,

All you can do for now is to be P.A.T.I.E.N.T!

Your FO seem to be aware of the process considering the fact that they've already requested and received your KCC file. They've also confirmed your background check cleared, so ...... you're not loosing your chance.

And at the end of the day DV cases still get prioritized contrary to what most FOs says or the fact that the prioritizing may not seem as fast as all DV selectees processing AOS would like.

Hello. We got the interview letter 10 days ago and we have the interview in a week. I don't know why am I so stressed out about the interview!
For those who didn't receive their interview letter yet: don't worry. We have been waiting for about 2 months after the biometric schedule.

Maybe you're still stressed out because stressing is the new normal :p. Relax, put your stuff together and go ace the interview.

Hi Sm1smom, I think I have been less grateful to you for the work you provide. And I would like to thank-you more.

I have a small thing. I have already sent AOS docs, it was received on 16th FEb. They haven't sent me bio letter yet. which is cool. Also online it says validation error.

Due to work, I have to move to Florida from Massachussets in one week. Please guide, how do I ask USCIS to schedule Biometrics and interview in my new city

Hi Mom,

The same story in Orlando - current on Oct 2015, biometrics in the end of october, 2 infopasses and nothing then. They say to check in June.

Hi Sm1smom, I think I have been less grateful to you for the work you provide. And I would like to thank-you more.

I have a small thing. I have already sent AOS docs, it was received on 16th FEb. They haven't sent me bio letter yet. which is cool. Also online it says validation error.

Due to work, I have to move to Florida from Massachussets in one week. Please guide, how do I ask USCIS to schedule Biometrics and interview in my new city

Doing a change of address following the AOS package submission always introduces more complications than necessary, and I typically encourage people to either complete their move before submitting the AOS package or if they must move after the submission, arrange to have access to their mail from the old address.

A bio walk in can be done at any ASC in any State. However, in order to get interviewed in Florida it means your current FO in Massachusetts will need to send your AOS package to Florida - no guarantee when the file transfer could happen or when the Florida FO will now schedule you upon the file receipt.

Plus, even if you're willing to wait longer than you would for your case file to get transferred, there's no guarantee your bio notice wouldn't end up at your old address. The different systems USCIS uses unfortunately aren't as integrated as one would assume, it's takes a while for a change of address to get reflected and attached to a petition that's already in the system.

By the way, here's a link to a post where the OP did call the USCIS service rep to initiate a change of address. The case file never got transferred, IL was sent to the old address, and the petition got denied following a no show (they didn't show up for the interview because they didn't receive the IL which was sent to their old address):

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...o-wrong-address-and-whole-case-denied.330804/

Congratulations!! Did your infopass help? I know you've been waiting a while after your interview.

It's been almost 2 months since my interview (on Jan 21st) and two weeks since the IO finally received the KCC file. The waiting game is getting old :( I've never run a marathon but now I know why the last 6 miles could be the hardest... patience is starting to wear out

I'm going to be in the FO area next week, and I'm planning on doing an infopass, and I hope it helps.

I am so sorry for my late reply. I have not checked the forum in a couple of weeks. My attorney contacted my FO and they said that the will check my case. A few days later I received my approval notice. I actually did not go to the infopass appointment because my case was approved before the infopass date.

I hope that everything ended up well with you!

It most likely mean you're still under AP regardless of the precise term they used in responding to your INFOPASS visit. Or did you specifically ask if your background check has cleared?

AFAIK, hiring a lawyer at this stage is basically throwing money away. There's nothing a lawyer can do if the delay has to do with a pending background check in particular or even if it's due to administrative backlog. You can wait for about 2 weeks following which you contact your congress person to do a follow up on your behalf. You can also schedule another INFOPASS for like a month down the road. Other than these, you just have to continue to be patient and be hopeful.
Thanks for your reply. How do I contact a congress man? I am not sure what this mean? Sorry :( I will try to do that if it helps speeding the process.

Thanks for your reply. How do I contact a congress man? I am not sure what this mean? Sorry :( I will try to do that if it helps speeding the process.

Do a search for the congressperson for your area of residence.
You can do that using your zip code here : http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Then go to your congressperson's web page, and look for contact details. Ideally see if you can find someone listed as an immigration liaison officer, or similar. It might be helpful to phone rather than email at first. You'll be required to fill in some kind of form allowing them to inquire on your behalf before they act (at least, I was).

Like I posted before, if the delay has to do with a pending background check, the congress person cannot speed up the process, they may however be able to get you more specific information regarding the cause of the delay. Here's the link for finding your house of rep person:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/