• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yes, and I already explained there will be no updates shown online until a decision is made.
After 9 days since I had my interview, there is still no updates shown online, does it mean that they have not made a decision yet? The officer told me that I'm gonna approve your case today.

After 9 days since I had my interview, there is still no updates shown online, does it mean that they have not made a decision yet? The officer told me that I'm gonna approve your case today.
Just FYI, I waited almost 2 months after my interview, the main thing is the KCC file. I made sure to bring it up during the interview, only after which she realized that she would need a file from KCC. Took them a month after the interview to request it, and after receiving it on March 1st, today got a CPO (THANK GOD!)

Yes, it's possible a decision hasn't been made regardless of what the IO said at the end of the interview.

Just FYI, I waited almost 2 months after my interview, the main thing is the KCC file. I made sure to bring it up during the interview, only after which she realized that she would need a file from KCC. Took them a month after the interview to request it, and after receiving it on March 1st, today got a CPO (THANK GOD!)

Yes, the KCC file AND the background check. It helps to always try and confirm at the end of the interview if both of these have been taken care of.

Hello Sm1smom, I hope you are doing great..
I have a question regarding Offer Letter. Is it mandatory to include offer letter from my current company or last three months pay stubs will be enough???
Thanks in advance....

Hello Sm1smom, I hope you are doing great..
I have a question regarding Offer Letter. Is it mandatory to include offer letter from my current company or last three months pay stubs will be enough???
Thanks in advance....

None of the supporting documents listed on the spreadsheet is compulsory. We've basically put together a list of what we feel could help, based on numerous past experiences. Use whatever makes sense to you.

Dear Sm1smom, thank you very much for the very helpful forum and the excel spreadsheet. I have a question regarding affidavit of support: I am in the middle of 2016 tax return, and my accountant identified an error in my tax return 2015 (I already have a tax return transcript for 2015 sent from IRS) and advised me to amend it. I am about to submit the AOS package within a month, and if I wait for the amendment to be reflected in IRS, it seems to take 6-8 weeks. In this particular case, would you suggest that a) I submit the pre-amended version of tax return transcript in 2015 and attach a copy of amendment form 1040x to mention that the amendment is pending? or b) I should wait for 8wks+ until the tax return in 2015 will be corrected? thank you very much for your assistance, as always.

Dear Sm1smom, thank you very much for the very helpful forum and the excel spreadsheet. I have a question regarding affidavit of support: I am in the middle of 2016 tax return, and my accountant identified an error in my tax return 2015 (I already have a tax return transcript for 2015 sent from IRS) and advised me to amend it. I am about to submit the AOS package within a month, and if I wait for the amendment to be reflected in IRS, it seems to take 6-8 weeks. In this particular case, would you suggest that a) I submit the pre-amended version of tax return transcript in 2015 and attach a copy of amendment form 1040x to mention that the amendment is pending? or b) I should wait for 8wks+ until the tax return in 2015 will be corrected? thank you very much for your assistance, as always.

Send the package with what you currently have. They're not going to do a thorough analysis of your taxes, you can take the corrected version to your interview and submit it at that time.

Hi Mom, a few quick questions re I-485 (googled/searched and going cross-eyed at all the form-filling today so thought I'd get answers in one place!):
1. Part 2 - Principal Selectee form selects A (immigrant visa number available) as the option for this - or H and explain DV?
2. Part 2 - Spouse form selects B (Spouse is applying for Adjustment) or again H and explain?
3. Part 3 - in what status did you last enter - would an E2 be a "temporary worker" if Principal had the right to work
4. Part 3 - what would we put for the Spouse/Derivative (who entered without right to work but then got an EAD a few months after), would "temporary worker" be right too, or "spouse of E2"?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, for the package: what is the I-797 for? I got one when I had my EAD approved (do I need to include if I include my EAD card)? My wife never got one (797) before we came over and started working - she just got the E2 approved in her passport when it was sent back to her. Are the 797's not applicable to us?

Hi Mom, a few quick questions re I-485 (googled/searched and going cross-eyed at all the form-filling today so thought I'd get answers in one place!):
1. Part 2 - Principal Selectee form selects A (immigrant visa number available) as the option for this - or H and explain DV?
2. Part 2 - Spouse form selects B (Spouse is applying for Adjustment) or again H and explain?
3. Part 3 - in what status did you last enter - would an E2 be a "temporary worker" if Principal had the right to work
4. Part 3 - what would we put for the Spouse/Derivative (who entered without right to work but then got an EAD a few months after), would "temporary worker" be right too, or "spouse of E2"?
Thanks!

1. Select H and add 'DV Lottery Winner, Selectee Letter Attached ' or something similar.
2. B
3. Temporary Worker
4. Temporary Resident

Also, for the package: what is the I-797 for? I got one when I had my EAD approved (do I need to include if I include my EAD card)? My wife never got one (797) before we came over and started working - she just got the E2 approved in her passport when it was sent back to her. Are the 797's not applicable to us?

It's a receipt or notice of action being taken USCIS on an immigration benefit applied for. Yes, include the NOA for yourself, not applicable for your wife.

Sorry Mom, one more: if we're including the W-2, do we need to include an IRS Transcript of the return too?

Like I responded earlier on to another poster, there's no stated 'requirement' or 'need' to include anything as a matter of fact. So don't include the IRS transcripts if it seems unnecessary to you.

I would like to ask one more question regarding 2NL...how does the letter look like? after I submitted the ds260, I received an email from KCC titled: 2016xxxxxxxxxx Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter. In the attachment, there is a barcode and they say that thank you for informing us of your intention to do AOS... is this 2NL? or am I supposed to receive any further letter? Since the email didn't mention anything that this is 2NL... thank you for your help...