• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom, do you also suggest I call USCIS and ask to speak with a supervisor so they can submit a case inquiry? And do you think this will be of any use https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do ?

Yes, you can request USCIS submit a case inquiry on your behalf. Yes you may use that link on your own too. At the end of the day, it's hard to say precisely what works, but nothing wrong with doing the necessary follow ups.

Yes, you can submit your spouse's evidence of income.

To answer your first two questions, it's not quite a matter of need or don't need to. USCIS hasn't specifically listed that requirement. However, the onus is on you to present everything and anything you think could possibly enhance your case.

Thanks a lot.

We currently on O3/O1 status and have only an I-797A Notice of Action but not the actual visa.
Do we have to attach our previous visa (J2/J1) in the AOS package? We used our J2/J1 to enter the US last time (a year ago).

Ok, we've just returned from second INFOPASS... The result is usual - "just wait". First one was on 5th Jan, then we were told to wait till March, now we were told to wail till June before to get worried. They said that they have my husband's (the winner) file already for 1.5 month, but there is still no answer from checking "third agency" (???). Now interesting story, they said that my file is in Texas business processing - but we are in FL so no idea what it means. I was thinking that there is only one case based on my husband winning - why the files are separated? I have I-140 applied through employer long before my husband's DV case and till now have no decision on that, so we never applied for AOS based on that I140. So I'm really confused what is happening.
What I really get from both INFOPASSes that FO just don't get the DV cases. Today I was told that we should not worry since we are already winners so it does not matter when, but better before 30sept. I tried to tell that the visa number are limited but he did not believe me or just showed it. Then the officer said that they don't send IL, but National beneficial center does (???), so we have to wait, wait, wait.
Now I don't what we can do more.
By the way at the end of the March our medical we'll be 6 months old. If we don't get IL by that time - what to do?

I went for my first infopass (I did my bio on 18th Feb) but I went there to check the status. He looked at my case and told me next step is you would either receive an interview letter or you would receive the green card. Then he started typing something on my case and scanned the barcode on I797 for the 2nd time then typed some more. Then I asked about the background check the he checked it and told me its completed. Then basically told me to wait until you either receive the GC or interview letter. Then I told him the time sensitivity about the DV case and he told me we are aware of that. Before going to infopass I called KCC and found out they have requested my file and KCC has already sent them the file on 29th of Feb. I didnt ask from them about whether they have received the file or not because some officers get agitated with too much questioning. I think they have the file. So far it looks like my FO in on top of the case but lets see how its going to turn out.

Hi all!

thanks @Sm1smom for the answers. I have another question. Back on november KCC sent me an email titled "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" saying that i had chosen to do the AOS and that i should pay 330 to the Department of State. I was confused and thought that i had to pay this after my visa number became available. I am not current and my number is not on the may bulletin (SA11**). Can i mail the payment Department of State now? On the payment stub says that USCIS has to accept my case and the send it out. They called it a diversity-precessing fee.

Thanks!

Hello,
I'm on F-1 Status and I go t selected for the 2016 DV Lottery. I'm a little confused by the DS-260. When I went through the DOS website it said that I need to send a "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" with $330. It sounded like a DS-260 was not necessary for an AOS. Can someone confirm if this is true.

Hello,
I'm on F-1 Status and I go t selected for the 2016 DV Lottery. I'm a little confused by the DS-260. When I went through the DOS website it said that I need to send a "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" with $330. It sounded like a DS-260 was not necessary for an AOS. Can someone confirm if this is true.
It was not necessary for AOS before. Starting DV2015 or so, all applicants [either CP or AOS] is required to submit DS-260.

Hi all!

thanks @Sm1smom for the answers. I have another question. Back on november KCC sent me an email titled "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" saying that i had chosen to do the AOS and that i should pay 330 to the Department of State. I was confused and thought that i had to pay this after my visa number became available. I am not current and my number is not on the may bulletin (SA11**). Can i mail the payment Department of State now? On the payment stub says that USCIS has to accept my case and the send it out. They called it a diversity-precessing fee.

Thanks!

The response from KCC is a standard one for AOSers - KCC doesn't consider when one is likely to become current before sending out the information about the need to pay the $330 DV administrative fee. Technically, the payment should be made after one becomes current, especially for a selectee with a high CN. However, because the receipt for that payment is supposed to be included with the AOS package that gets sent after the CN becomes current, and getting the receipt could take anywhere between 2-8weeks, it would make sense to make the payment before then, in order to not delay the AOS package submission.

Now, as to when to make the payment? I honestly can't tell you that. You'll have to make the judgment call as to when you feel comfortable with making it - take a look at the VB (including previous years') and decide the possibility of when your CN is likely to become current, or not, bearing in mind the fee is no refundable.

Hello,

There has been, and still is ongoing debate about the need for an AOSer to submit the DS-260 form or not. In this forum however, we're of the opinion of the need to, and basically encourage all DV selectees processing AOS to go ahead and submit the form. However, it's your call if you want to submit it or not.

Regardless of whether the DS-260 form is submitted or not though, all DV selectees processing their selection must pay the $330 DV administrative fee per person.

If you need further guidance regarding the DV AOS process, I suggest you check the first post on page one of this Thread. That post has a link to a spreadsheet that contains the AOS process.

It was not necessary for AOS before. Starting DV2015 or so, all applicants [either CP or AOS] is required to submit DS-260.

Actually prior to DV2015, two forms DSP-122 and DS-230 where in use for the DV process. There where debates also back then (just like there are now) as to the need for AOSers to submit those forms. Some submitted just the DSP-122, some submitted both, while a few submitted none.

KCC has always preferred for all selectees to submit the forms both back then and now. Just like nobody got penalized for not submitting one or both back then, no one AFAIK, has been penalized either for not submitting the DS-260 since its inception with DV2015.

There has been, and still is ongoing debate about the need for an AOSer to submit the DS-260 form or not. In this forum however, we're of the opinion of the need to, and basically encourage all DV selectees processing AOS to go ahead and submit the form. However, it's your call if you want to submit it or not.

Regardless of whether the DS-260 form is submitted or not though, all DV selectees processing their selection must pay the $330 DV administrative fee per person.

If you need further guidance regarding the DV AOS process, I suggest you check the first post on page one of this Thread. That post has a link to a spreadsheet that contains the AOS process.

Thank you so much for the info.. Can you also tell me if I can pay the DOS fee of 330 when filing the DS260?
Also how long does a DV based AOS decision usually take? I ask this because I have a very high rank number .. 2016AS00011xxx.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the info.. Can you also tell me if I can pay the DOS fee of 330 when filing the DS260?
Also how long does a DV based AOS decision usually take? I ask this because I have a very high rank number .. 2016AS00011xxx.

Thanks!

Yes, the DV payment can be made at any time, including when the DS-260 form is submitted, just bear in mind what I already wrote regarding how long it takes to get back the payment receipt which should be included with the AOS package.

And yes, AS11xxx is quite high, so I understand your caution. The decision for a DV based AOS interview could be immediately after the interview, it could also be weeks or months after. If your question is about how long the DV based AOS petition process takes, again, there's no definite response to that, but it's been about 4 months on average in the past. For higher CNs (also in the past) it's been much more shorter. The processing - interview time and final approval - varies because it's all FO based.

Hello Mom, how are you doing? Quick question, do we need to bring 2 photos to interview? Thats what it says on IL. Thanks

Oh, so you've received your IL :rolleyes: congratulations on that. Now, does the letter say to bring anything else outside of the 2 photos?

Oh yes, sorry to not mention that. Finally got the IL and i am excited :D Yes the letter says lots of stuff to bring like all the copies and originals of the documents forms and etc.

Oh yes, sorry to not mention that. Finally got the IL and i am excited :D Yes the letter says lots of stuff to bring like all the copies and originals of the documents forms and etc.

Ok, sounds like a generic IL. Notwithstanding, I would suggest you go along with 2 photos which they may end up not collecting from you anyways since the bio picture is what will be used for the GC.

Ok, we've just returned from second INFOPASS... The result is usual - "just wait". First one was on 5th Jan, then we were told to wait till March, now we were told to wail till June before to get worried. They said that they have my husband's (the winner) file already for 1.5 month, but there is still no answer from checking "third agency" (???). Now interesting story, they said that my file is in Texas business processing - but we are in FL so no idea what it means. I was thinking that there is only one case based on my husband winning - why the files are separated? I have I-140 applied through employer long before my husband's DV case and till now have no decision on that, so we never applied for AOS based on that I140. So I'm really confused what is happening.
What I really get from both INFOPASSes that FO just don't get the DV cases. Today I was told that we should not worry since we are already winners so it does not matter when, but better before 30sept. I tried to tell that the visa number are limited but he did not believe me or just showed it. Then the officer said that they don't send IL, but National beneficial center does (???), so we have to wait, wait, wait.
Now I don't what we can do more.
By the way at the end of the March our medical we'll be 6 months old. If we don't get IL by that time - what to do?

sorry for repeating post. Any ideas?